Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that was a well priced room ...I'd never pay a £150 unless they gave me milk baths and carried me down to breakfast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ben is just so arrogant....i bet he thinks he's coming across really well and that we all like him,,,people like him usually think that.......but actually he comes across as a right arsehole
    Forum Member
    Sentenza wrote: »
    Now that was a well priced room ...I'd never pay a £150 unless they gave me milk baths and carried me down to breakfast.

PMSL :D:D
    For that money they should also provide a carry me around the town service aswell:D:D
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Ben is just so arrogant....i bet he thinks he's coming across really well and that we all like him,,,people like him usually think that.......but actually he comes across as a right arsehole

Actually called him that tonight!:D

And he drives a Bentley, don`t you know. Bet Mummy and Daddy are frightfully rich:(
    Forum Member
    hooter wrote: »
    Actually called him that tonight!:D

And he drives a Bentley, don`t you know. Bet Mummy and Daddy are frightfully rich:(

I agree with your comment that if Ben wins, it really will be a hollow victory for them,,,its meaningless really if they have played a game,,,,,,i would rather win the competition with the best B&B i could provide.
  • Daisychain21Daisychain21 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    I think Ben and Thomsina are trying to compete with speidi from celebrity big brother ...........enough said :D:D:D
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed tonight shows and the +1 but have recorded it.

Day from hell. :mad:
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... or with the Borrowby Mill couple!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I *wish* I could like Ben, as I feel, deep down, there's a decent guy struggling to get out...
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Ben and tamsin are only "friends"???
    Friends with benefits, is the correct description, I think. ;)

They aren't as nasty as an Amanda Daly but they are proving to be as daft as they're wasting an incomparable advertising opportunity.

Ben's social skills are so poor that even when he (allegedly) is trying to complement Gill, he manages to offend everyone else. Someone appears to have told Thomasin that the way to "test" the quality of a b&b (or hotel) is to be picky and try and trip the hosts up. Unfortunately, she seems to have believed them. And anyone with the wrong accent who books to stay at Taylor's Farm Retreat can relax, confident that, behind their back, Ben will be taking the pee out of their accents... :rolleyes:

And for Ben to say on camera that Mr G! will drag the G! hotel business down... how dare he make judgements or comments like that. :mad: What a foolish man.

Liked the Knife and Cleaver, though - I'd stay there... but I'd want a quiet room.

Oh yes, and one wrong note struck by Graham and Terry: if there's noise, you do not expect your guests to go out and sort the problem. You expect your guests to come to you and it's your responsibility to go and sort the problem on your guests' behalf.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    I *wish* I could like Ben, as I feel, deep down, there's a decent guy struggling to get out...[/QUOTE]

I think he has lost the struggle!

His sidekick Thomasin doesn't help.

I have been appalled by his comments about Jason tonight.
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compare Ben to Dave the Butterfly Bloke... Dave's accommodation was very poor, but he was such a genuinely lovely fella, and accepted all the comments with a good sense of humour, so much so that anyone who wants that kind of B&B experience would choose to stay there as a result of the programme.
    If I wanted a weekend break where I could learn pole-dancing, Ben's place would be the last place I'd consider. In fact I wouldn't consider it at all!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    Compare Ben to Dave the Butterfly Bloke... Dave's accommodation was very poor, but he was such a genuinely lovely fella, and accepted all the comments with a good sense of humour, so much so that anyone who wants that kind of B&B experience would choose to stay there as a result of the programme.
    If I wanted a weekend break where I could learn pole-dancing, Ben's place would be the last place I'd consider. In fact I wouldn't consider it at all!

Sorta shot himself in the foot..so to speak...eejit
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben obviously has a short memory too - complaining the Knife & Cleaver boys should have spent breakfast with the contestants - errm didn't he hide away and the guests had to come and find him for extra tea/coffee?
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit hooter, one of my favourite words.
    BG sorry you had a rubbish day, let me pour you a glass of fizz, join me.
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've told you before. Don't beat about the bush. Say what you mean! :D:D

Aaahhhh! I hope tomorrow is better.
    gboy wrote: »
    I *wish* I could like Ben, as I feel, deep down, there's a decent guy struggling to get out...

Do you really??????????? :eek::eek:
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,686
    Forum Member
    ...that's quite a niche market :D
    Dave got it absolutely spot on and we all remember him quite fondly, even though none of us here were his target market.
    Normandie wrote: »
    Liked the Knife and Cleaver, though - I'd stay there... but I'd want a quiet room.

Oh yes, and one wrong note struck by Graham and Terry: if there's noise, you do not expect your guests to go out and sort the problem. You expect your guests to come to you and it's your responsibility to go and sort the problem on your guests' behalf.

Quiet and peaceful is one of my top requirements too, so I make a point of requesting a quiet room.
    As with the hot water issues, I think it's reasonable feedback for the chaps and they should take it on board.
    Shrike wrote: »
    Ben obviously has a short memory too - complaining the Knife & Cleaver boys should have spent breakfast with the contestants - errm didn't he hide away and the guests had to come and find him for extra tea/coffee?

Completely. Ridiculous comment.

Edit >>> just for clarity, I obviously mean Ben's not yours Shrike :D
    MRSgotobed wrote: »

We should get a few bottles open and cheer BG up.
    Mwah for you BG x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Butterfly Dave! :o My dream man! Must take up paragliding.

Hiccup! Joining you in a drinkie BG.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hooter wrote: »
    [/B]

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Tommo781 wrote: »
    Aaahhhh! I hope tomorrow is better.

Thanks everyone. We had a huge culling at work today (230 people lost their jobs) - I lost 2 managers and many friends. On the plus side, I think I'm OK but it makes you thankful for what you have x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »

We should get a few bottles open and cheer BG up.
    Mwah for you BG x

Sorry Sail, didnt see your post when I replied!

I stopped off on the way home and bought a nice bottle of red :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. We had a huge culling at work today (230 people lost their jobs) - I lost 2 managers and many friends. On the plus side, I think I'm OK but it makes you thankful for what you have x

Oh dear, that is terrible. Hope you will be ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiccup! Joining you in a drinkie BG.

Aww thank you Christa.

This thread has lovely posters.

Thanks everyone - you've cheered me up :)
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,686
    Forum Member
    Sorry Sail, didnt see your post when I replied!

I stopped off on the way home and bought a nice bottle of red :D

No worries BG, be kind to yourself tonight.
    That's horrible news and we've both been on the wrong side of it here. It's a cruel world at the moment, so mixing with nice people (like here) is all the more important.

Go back through the thread and see my breakfast/brunch today and imagine I'm treating you to something similar (if it's your thing...it might not be)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    No worries BG, be kind to yourself tonight.
    That's horrible news and we've both been on the wrong side of it here. It's a cruel world at the moment, so mixing with nice people (like here) is all the more important.

Go back through the thread and see my breakfast/brunch today and imagine I'm treating you to something similar (if it's your thing...it might not be)

Oh Sail.....that is definitely my thing.....looks absolutely yummy! I feel hungry just looking at it!!

And you're right....this thread DOES have lovely people on it....a rare thing on DS nowadays...xx
This discussion has been closed.