Bon Jovi Are Back

pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As always it is great to have Bon Jovi back especially with a brand new studio album. Their new single because we can is off to a flying start on itunes and is currently number 11 in the UK, #15 IN Ireland and #25 in the US. It looks like it will be their biggest hit in a while, shame they havnt a show like x factor etc to do promo on this week.

With the current album sales climate i think Bon Jovi may just get another number 1 album to their name, their albums always open on decent sales so hopefully the new album will see them make a return to the top.

Comments

• Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I didn't know it was released here yet, heard it earlier from the 1:30sec clip and wasn't feeling it. Hearing it all I love it :D

And for people that think Bon Jovi is just for the dads, I'm 21 and I love them ;')
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have loved then for years, granted im 34 now and a dad i have been a fan even in my teens, great to see them back, i hope everyone who likes them downloads because we can.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truly awful. Low point for a once great band.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not heard anything yet but used to go to heavy rock discos when they first come out i called them "Bon Wimpy" as they are just not heavy enough.

But good luck to therm though as they are having a long music career which is tough.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Speaking as a long time fan - over 20 years I am disappointed with the single but hoping for something better from the new album in the spring. I too long for a return to the wonderful tracks on These Days !
    I have seen them live many times but this is the first time I haven t bought tickets for the tour - I did hear they were playing in London on July 5th but haven t heard any more details . Has anyone ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markmc2k5 wrote: »
    Truly awful. Low point for a once great band.

I agree 100%, heard the new single on the radio today and was wondering who was singing this crap and they then said it's the new Bon Jovi track.....i almost choked.

It's truly awful indeed :(
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was quite good actually. Some nice guitar sounds going on, I reckon it will get better with repeated listens.

One of the best live bands I ever saw...over a few years too...they really put a performance on for the fans.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as a long time fan - over 20 years I am disappointed with the single but hoping for something better from the new album in the spring. I too long for a return to the wonderful tracks on These Days !
    I have seen them live many times but this is the first time I haven t bought tickets for the tour - I did hear they were playing in London on July 5th but haven t heard any more details . Has anyone ?

Had the email from AEG saying London July 5th as well but the venue remains unknown at the moment.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scary thing to me is how much more fanciable JBJ seems to become as the years roll by, just like Bryan Adams before him :o
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Had the email from AEG saying London July 5th as well but the venue remains unknown at the moment.

yes thats all I have heard ! but that was ages ago - wondering if they are doing Hard Rock again maybe ?
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're headlining the IOW Festival in June.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumour at the moment is Hyde Park.

I like the new song. granted its not their best work but i don't think anyone should expect it to be. I'll listen to this over and over again unlike Who says you can't go home and I love this town. The new song reminds me of the crush album but it all feels more like a Jon Bon Jovi solo single rather than the band.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like it!! ... Much better than their new music from the past 5 years :)
    Forum Member
    think I read somewhere that Hyde Park isn t going to be used anymore because of the strict curfew ? I did wonder if they might play the olympic stadium as that is being turned into a music venue starting in July ?
  • TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    I actually like it!! ... Much better than their new music from the past 5 years :)
    Have to agree.

I've been a fan since Keep The Faith and These Days but haven't been overly impressed with the newer stuff (still bought the albums and like some songs) but I'm loving this song.

Just hope the album is as good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :) Didn't know it was released, I'm going to hunt for it now!
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new album doesnt get released until March, they must be launching the album on the back of the second single. They need major promotion of the second single if it stand even a slight chance of entering the top 75.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Swoon.Hope new stuff isn't lame
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It may be lame, I know they could never recreate:

Slippery When Wet
    New Jersey
    Keep The Faith

But everyone needs to see them at least once live. Love a bit of Bon Jovi, part of my youth! :D
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    It'll flop more than Richie Samboras hair did in 1986.
    Like most rock bands now,only their true fans will download their new stuff.
    Shame,as Bon Jovi did some good tunes 25 years ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just bought tickets for hyde park in july. can't wait to see them live again
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their album still sell well enough though, download wise isnt in their favour in relation to singles and thats why i was surprised the single went top 40. I still think the album will so well and their album still sell hugely well in America.
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    It may be lame, I know they could never recreate:

Slippery When Wet
    New Jersey
    Keep The Faith

But everyone needs to see them at least once live. Love a bit of Bon Jovi, part of my youth! :D

Definitely!

I've not heard the new song yet *goes off to find it*
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the new song. Perhaps their best single in a long while.

I am so seeing them live this year
  • LilNikki1987LilNikki1987 Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I quite like it, it's catchy:) Unfortunately I couldn't get tickets for Manchester,The ones on the website were £80+ so weren't in my price range and couldn't find someone to go with:(

Looking forward to the new album though:)