Is there a soap character which you are overly passionate about?

CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
Forum Member
✭✭
This could be a character which you love or hate, which character can provoke an emotional response from you and why?

Comments

• rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I have a wonderful fixation with Carla Connor. I adore Alison King but its more than that, I often end up trying to justify situations Carla gets herself into, even though I know they shouldn't be justified. I tend to fixate on certain actresses, goodness knows why. Helena Bonham Carter is another. I'm not attracted to them or in love with them in that sense, I just sort of adore the ground they walk on. :o:)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,220
    Forum Member
    I really hate Shirley, she used to be a really good character but in the last year they have made her into an absolute joke. Instead of being there for her best friend Heather she went for personal gain. A truly despicable character.

On the other hand I really do think Ian is the best character ever, he is so complex and sweet.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to absolutely hate that lesbian character Lydia out of Hollyoaks. my god, what a total cow I thought she was.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I really hate Shirley, she used to be a really good character but in the last year they have made her into an absolute joke. Instead of being there for her best friend Heather she went for personal gain. A truly despicable character.

On the other hand I really do think Ian is the best character ever, he is so complex and sweet.

Ian :eek: :eek::eek:

Well I never saw that coming! :eek:

:o
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks creates a lot of villains that I liked. In his first stint, I thought that Warren Fox was the greatest villain ever (I was only around 12-14 at the time and only watched HO and EE so I didn't have much history with soaps.). Then in walked Silas, probably the greatest villain on the show, maybe in all of soap. Cunning and intellectual, as well as being an awesome character played by a fantastic actor. The villain people liked and want to often come back so characters can get "Silas'd". :D
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I intensely hate Sean from corrie (and the "actor" who plays him)
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,220
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    Ian :eek: :eek::eek:

Well I never saw that coming! :eek:

:o

Ian is by far one of the best characters ever, there is an element of Severus Snape about him really.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since starting to post in the Soaps forum early last year and getting involved in debates, i've gone a bit OTT with Katie in Emmerdale.

She's not my fav soap character, but there's something about her that makes me care more for her than others i like.
    Yes, i'll admit, i fancy the pants off Sammy Winward who plays her, bu there's lots of really hot women in soaps, so it's not down to that.
    With Katie, there's sometimes when i think she's the sweetest thing, but then there's other times when i think she's needs a right good spanking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mines is Amy in ED so passionate in a sad weird kind of way i feel protective over the character and will fight her corner when someone on here bad mouths her even if she is the one in the wrong! She's an extremely beautiful and brave young women played by an amazing actress! :)

On the flip side i detest the character of Sean in Corrie everything about him is just awful from the character right down to the actor nothing clicks and he is just down right embarrassing to watch!
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, Fluffy dear, it's one for you :D:D:D
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to be in love with Sharon Watts. The soon-to-be Sharon Branning, not so much!
  • Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very passionate about Warren Fox from Hollyoaks! My excitement when they brought him back was ridiculous lol :D
  • Its-GillianIts-Gillian Posts: 3,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the other side is Sean from Corrie. I do not like the character at all!
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    Shenice was everything to me.
  • Killjoy2013Killjoy2013 Posts: 1,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewi26 wrote: »
    I intensely hate Sean from corrie (and the "actor" who plays him)

Here Here!!

Along with "Maurel" ED
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of positive I loved and still do love Dennis Rickman and I know he is in witness protection somewhere.

Dennis is my hero and I will never forget the day he was taken away from my screen.
  • LackadaisicalLackadaisical Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Sienna Blake - HO

I'm in love.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Ian is by far one of the best characters ever, there is an element of Severus Snape about him really.

Thank you my dear friend- Ian is the best soap character

Loving the Snape reference:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Moon atm.

Sharon and Dennis, previously.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JR: There's nothing remotely sad or weird about the way you feel about Amy.
    Imo, connecting and feeling strongly for a character only adds to the enjoyment of it all.

In the 'old days' it was Movie Stars, Pop Stars, Sports Stars, then various TV Stars, and most recently, Reality TV Stars, who become these 'fantasy figures'.

I think it's good and healthy to have these figures who are not, and never will be, an actual part of your everyday life.
    Though watching a soap can be part of your everyday life, you know what i mean by that.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Moon atm.

Sharon and Dennis, previously.

Gobsmacked at your choice;):D
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    felixrex wrote: »
    Shenice was everything to me.

She should of had a one hander / Julia's theme :mad: :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dixon wrote: »
    JR: There's nothing remotely sad or weird about the way you feel about Amy.
    Imo, connecting and feeling strongly for a character only adds to the enjoyment of it all.

Thank's Dix! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Thank you my dear friend- Ian is the best soap character

Loving the Snape reference:D

I agree with you on Ian.

He is the one of the few EE characters who hasn't lost his iconic status.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    Gobsmacked at your choice;):D

Yes, I bet no one was expecting that!:D