The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spain is really quite lovely, isn't it?

It's nice but will be in the bottom 5
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A nice but forgettable song that is really not suitable for a contest where you asking juries and the public to vote. It will get completely lost amongst 26 songs in the final and is a strong contender for last place. It does feel like Spain are taking part but making sure they don't win.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes it is! In my top 5 for sure. :)
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to like Spain, but it's not happening just yet. It starts off really well and then sleepily sloths off into Pleasant Town, Pleasantville and falls asleep. It will probably grow on me though.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek::eek:

Why isn't everyone making a huge fuss about this? I don't listen to Graham Norton's radio show, but surely this narrows down considerably who it is? We can cancel out anyone who Norton hasn't played during the last four shows, cancel out anyone who for whatever reason obviously won't be our entrant (dead, on tour, entering for another country etc.) and cancel out anyone who has denied being the entrant.

One problem - is there a list anywhere of who Norton has played during the last four shows?:p

I've created a poll on another thread that brings together the potential candidates from the 4 playlists in question (which another poster posted here yesterday if you want to scroll back)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From 1.30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVaDpx3rjA winner of Cân i Gymru
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bad night last night for this year's contest. I expected much better from these 3!

The only saving grace about this year is that there is no obvious winner.
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    For Serbia:Saska or Dusan for me.
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    I think I'll break something if Saska or Marija win - the last thing I want in SF1 is ANOTHER female ballad :mad::p Moje 3/Dusan will do for me just fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    For Serbia:Saska or Dusan for me.

You won't be getting your wish :D
  • JaccobabeJaccobabe Posts: 27,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha. Apparently I met Dusan in the streets of BEL back in 2011. Had no idea, but according to my Serbian friend I did. Hes very hot. Dusan that is...
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From 1.30 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVaDpx3rjA winner of Cân i Gymru

We really should by now have sent a song to Eurovision in Welsh. The French have sent ones in Breton, Creole and Corsican and there's been an Irish language song from RTE. Even Russia has sent a minority language...the grannies last year in Udmurt.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We really should by now have sent a song to Eurovision in Welsh. The French have sent ones in Breton, Creole and Corsican and there's been an Irish language song from RTE. Even Russia has sent a minority language...the grannies last year in Udmurt.

The Creole one was from Monaco wasn't it? I can't think of any from France.
  • PatheticFallacyPatheticFallacy Posts: 7,761
    Forum Member
    The Creole one was from Monaco wasn't it? I can't think of any from France.

France 1992 was Creole, I think.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    France 1992 was Creole, I think.

Right, I'd forgotten about that one. I was thinking of Monaco 2006 but that was Tahitian, not Creole.
  • QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dusan has to win tonight. Amazing song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went onto Hungarian Itunes yesterday to find some less well known songs and noticed ByeAlex was No1 in their song chart. I did not know it was in A Dal and I played it, liking it immensely. Then I come back here today to find it has won the Hungarian selection. I suppose no surprise saying it was already No1 there. Brilliant track. Up there with Kindjek vondjam al vetkemet in understated Magyar beauty, now lets hope they don't translate into English.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    RogerMilla wrote: »
    I went onto Hungarian Itunes yesterday to find some less well known songs and noticed ByeAlex was No1 in their song chart. I did not know it was in A Dal and I played it, liking it immensely. Then I come back here today to find it has won the Hungarian selection. I suppose no surprise saying it was already No1 there. Brilliant track. Up there with Kindjek vondjam al vetkemet in understated Magyar beauty, now lets hope they don't translate into English.

They've confirmed that they won't be translating it at the contest :)

Hungary is in my Top 5 now- it's very, very pretty. The studio version needs the backing singer, though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have finally caught up with Croatia and what a beautiful song. It is clearly one of the reasons we are ESC fans to hear such wondrous singing and melody in a foreign language. Love it. Pity though we couldn't replace one of the Klapa's with a woman in Croatian national costume dancing, it might have added to the presentation stagewise. But overall the best Croatian entry imo since their glory days of the 1990's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    Dusan has to win tonight. Amazing song.

Now I have heard it , I shall be heartbroken if it doesn't win. The presentation keeps you interested as you don't know what is going to appear next. Its like Donny Osmond with a Serbian traditional flute player and another quirky drummer. It is definitely a year for unusual drums.

Please Serbia send "Spas"
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Bulgaria:When they were presenting the songs, did anyone notice that Elitza had a sheet of paper with her, and was constantly looking down at it for Dzupai Libo Boso, or is it part of the props?
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know if there is much clashing tonight with Bulgaria and Serbia?
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bulgaria at 1845 UK tIme, esctoday are streaming it, local broadcaster is geoblocking their stream....

http://www.esctoday.com/live/

Serbia at 2000 UK Time

http://www.rts.rs/page/rts/ci/pesma+evrovizije/Pesma-Evrovizije-2013/news/2032/%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%BE%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B3+2013.html

Fat chance round in Israel has just started, with the 4th placed entries from the 3 heats participating

Judah Gavra - We're beautiful
    Yarden Tzur - Replace you
    Nicki Goldstein - We are one

http://www.iba.org.il/eurovil/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is much clashing tonight with Bulgaria and Serbia?

Should be a 10 minute gap between them
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Nicki Goldstein was born a man, yes?

(I'm sure I read that!)
This discussion has been closed.