If you like rap and appreciate music - You will love this!!!!

HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    like rap, but not a fan of that remix
  • redtuxredtux Posts: 1,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oxymoron
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you like rap then you cant appreciate music.rap is not music,its utter tuneless garbage.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »

Nope - can't stand that guys voice - switched off after 10 seconds.

Everybodies had a go at a 'fast car' remix - nothing new to see.
    Forum Member
    loonattic wrote: »
    if you like rap then you cant appreciate music.rap is not music,its utter tuneless garbage.

Ignorant comment, but if that's what you really think, then crack on.

Most rap is garbage these days - in the past, there has been some great efforts.

Also, whether you appreciate what the lyricist is saying, or not, only somebody has no clue about the process of music, would deny credit to a skilled rapper. From somebody who has studied, and made my own music for 10 years, I can tell you right now that rapping is a skill, and an art form, just like every other aspect of music, from singing, to composing, to playing instruments, to dancing, to engineering - rapping is a skill.

I'm guessing you know nothing about music production, hence your comment - if you did, you wouldn't have said that. Most creative people are open minded, and appreciate talent and skill, even if they don't like the music.

I urge you to go and write a song right now - 3 x 16 bar verses, and a hook. It all has to rhyme, be in time with the beat, have a strong message, and most importantly - make sense. It's a poor effort if you fail to use multi rhyme schemes within each line too. Off you go - let me know how you get on :)
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such astounding ignorance

needless to say OP, I didn't enjoy that track
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like a typical rap song remixed with a song from many years ago.

Rap is a dying genre because it's so recycled, bland and nothing new has been brought to the table for years. Most rappers are to lazy to even come up with a chorus!!!!!
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redtux wrote: »
    oxymoron

^^^^^
    It has to be the most conservative, cliched, retrogressive music genre of all time. It's also responsible for making white boys from small towns talk nonsense in silly accents.
    Forum Member
    HandsClean wrote: »
    It sounds like a typical rap song remixed with a song from man years ago.

Rap is a dying genre because it's so recycled, bland nothing new has been brought to the table for years. Most rappers are to lazy to even come up with a chorus!!!!!

Have to agree with this unfortunately - I've almost given up on it, but was a major fan for years growing up.

This was my kind of jam -

2Pac - Better days - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrAAXq_lyN0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

What an original thing to say.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    It sounds like a typical rap song remixed with a song from many years ago.

Rap is a dying genre because it's so recycled, bland and nothing new has been brought to the table for years. Most rappers are to lazy to even come up with a chorus!!!!!

the sooner it dies the better.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ironic thing about it is that it's supposed to be radical, yet it's as stereotyped as balding, beer bellied rockers playing old punk songs in a pub, or whiskery old geezers in folk clubs singing sea shanties with a finger stuck in one ear. I suppose it persists because it follows the punk ethic that absolutely anybody can do it, except you don't have to know three chords or even write a tune.
    John Cooper Clarke is the best rapper you will ever hear.

Not to be listened to by anybody who is easily offended
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    barbeler wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    It has to be the most conservative, cliched, retrogressive music genre of all time. It's also responsible for making white boys from small towns talk nonsense in silly accents.

If by "conservative", you're talking politically, hip hop is completely the opposite.

Yes, most of the slang that young people use today is from, or popularized by rappers, but that's just a sign of the impact of the music. I'm sure back in the day it was the same with the slang terms coming from popular rock songs at the time.
  • Steve35Steve35 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »

Tracy Chapman will be loving the royalties!