Converting .mov files to vcd for DVD palyback

Can anyone help me?
I want to create a VCD using a .mov file (a movie file) from my PC and convert that file to VCD format. I have the burning Cd, but what software or program would I need to convert the file so I can play it on my DVD,
Any advice most welcome

Glenn
:-)

Comments

• Jose CardosoJose Cardoso Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not that simple.

Firstly, the .mov file needs to be converted to an MPEG1 file.

Secondly, an index file is needed according to VCD specs before finally burning both files to CD to allow playback as a VCD.

The specs for the index file and the exact naming of each file is beyond me. You may want to use Google to find specific details.

[This message has been edited by Jose Cardoso (edited 02 April 2000).]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I use Nero Burn to burn CDs, which creates the VCD format CD.
    Xing MPEG encoder.

But I need to make the Mpeg file into a VCD file. Help!! :-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Never done it myself, but Adaptec Easy CD Creator Deluxe 4 comes with a video CD creator. Perhaps it's worth checking out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Try Nero Burning ROM. It is the best burning package I have come accros and is very cheap and easy to use.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Sorry another post....

Try http://www.dvdutils.com

they have loads of free tools and is also a good source for info.
  • jackpot lewisjackpot lewis Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    When it comes to burning basic video CDs, my favorite software to use has always been Roxio's MyDVD. :) The software came bundled with the first ever laptop I got, and at first, I didn't really think much of the software, and never actually thought that I would use it until I started gathering up a collection of pictures I took when going out places! :cool:
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I have to ask, is this the record for dragging up an old thread? A few days short of 13 years!
    And was Roxio even around when the OP asked for advice (and could MyDVD ever convert .mov files to mpeg1?)
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    That Flacco eh? Clogging up the forum with his 9 posts in 13 years. :p