4g Iphone5?

MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi,

I can't find anything on their website to say iphone5 is 4g ready, although I'm being told be three that their iphone 5 is 4g ready.

Does anyone have an iphone 5 on three that can confirm this?

I'm really confused.

Comments

• jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    It's 4G ready, but only on Three and EE.
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IPhone 5 is 4G Ready or a Ultrafast device as Three call it as well. Three just don't have a 4G network currently.
  • japauljapaul Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also note in future it won't be 100% compatible with EE's or Three's 4G network either if/when they start using their 2600 or 800 spectrum.
  • MrstimmyMrstimmy Posts: 1,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was looking at getting it on three as the price is the best. I've had a rubbish unreliable phone for too long, finally thinking of going for an iphone. Just wanted to check the 4g thing as Three's website don't say it is.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    japaul wrote: »
    Also note in future it won't be 100% compatible with EE's or Three's 4G network either if/when they start using their 2600 or 800 spectrum.

So when you say it's not 100% compatible how compatiable would it be ? I'd have thought it either was or want....not that I have any real knowledge in this area. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstimmy wrote: »

I was looking at getting it on three as the price is the best. I've had a rubbish unreliable phone for too long, finally thinking of going for an iphone. Just wanted to check the 4g thing as Three's website don't say it is.

At this point in time you might want to either wait to get a IPhone 5S or wait till the 5 goes down in price when the 5S is released. As it it won't be to much longer till next one is released now. The next one should also support the 800MHz spectrum that three acquired at the auction as well.
  • japauljapaul Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    So when you say it's not 100% compatible how compatiable would it be ? I'd have thought it either was or want....not that I have any real knowledge in this area. :o
    It will still work in the vast majority of the network as they will mostly be 1800MHz based networks for LTE. However, both Three and EE recently bought spectrum in the auction which the iPhone 5 can't use so it's worth pointing out. No doubt the next iPhone won't have this problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    At this point in time you might want to either wait to get a IPhone 5S or wait till the 5 goes down in price when the 5S is released. As it it won't be to much longer till next one is released now. The next one should also support the 800MHz spectrum that three acquired at the auction as well.

Oh ok, I'm clueless with phones! Any idea when the next Iphone is out? It'll probably come out too expensive for me, even going over the £30 barrier for the Iphone 5 would be pushing it. There's just no other phones out I like, and I've had a sh!t phone for so long. If its due out in this month or next I might wait
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My iPhone5 has suddenly become useless on 3G.

Works well on WiFi. Don't know what the problem is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstimmy wrote: »
    Oh ok, I'm clueless with phones! Any idea when the next Iphone is out? It'll probably come out too expensive for me, even going over the £30 barrier for the Iphone 5 would be pushing it. There's just no other phones out I like, and I've had a sh!t phone for so long. If its due out in this month or next I might wait

At a guess I would say Late September Early October based on release date of the last two iPhones.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    japaul wrote: »
    It will still work in the vast majority of the network as they will mostly be 1800MHz based networks for LTE. However, both Three and EE recently bought spectrum in the auction which the iPhone 5 can't use so it's worth pointing out. No doubt the next iPhone won't have this problem.

Ah right, thank you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    At a guess I would say Late September Early October based on release date of the last two iPhones.

:( Don't know if I can wait that long, getting annoyed not having a phone at all now. Might just go for the Iphone 5 on Three, as it is 4g ready with them, and the new OS looks amazing,
  • John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My iPhone5 has suddenly become useless on 3G.

Works well on WiFi. Don't know what the problem is.

Eliminate it been a network fault first by comparing it with a friends phone on same network, then if possible swap sims to another phone. If the fault moves to the other phone, the sim could be at fault, if it stays on your phone he phone is guff.

If its the phone, best way, not always the easiest is to book a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest apple store. You will get a replacement there and then if they deem it faulty.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    This is weird Three had a section on their webpage that listed 4G ready phones. It's gone now..
    Forum Member
    This is weird Three hadI section on their webpage that listed 4G ready phones. It's gone now..

It's still there. I saw it yesterday

Type ultrafast into the search bar on the site

Lucan, do you know something we don't because you seem adamant that Three won't be doing 4G this year or something.
    Forum Member
    The page i did find has no reference to 4G compatibility like it used to and like Voda/O2 still have hence the OP's confusion.

It would silly for Three to delay launching until next year, unless they waited for something that would allow an advantage in some way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The page i did find has no reference to 4G compatibility like it used to and like Voda/O2 still have hence the OP's confusion.

It would silly for Three to delay launching until next year, unless they waited for something that would allow an advantage in some way.

You mean like voLTE if they worried there 3G might mean some people can't make calls with only LTE signal?
    Forum Member

It's always been known as ultrafast
    http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Built_for_internetting

Like i told you the "Ultrafast 4G" branding will start nearer november.
    Forum Member
    Nah, they use that for marketing but they had specifically differentiated phones that were 4G ready to stop confusion for customers who are signing up. They have dropped that recently.
    Forum Member
    Nah, they use that for marketing but they had specifically differentiated phones that were 4G ready to stop confusion for customers who are signing up. They have dropped that recently.

I can't remember that. Then again i rarely visit the three website. What part of the site was it on?

Oh and if you scroll down on that link i posted to the "ultrafast phones/tablets section is that not what you meant?