Melanie 100% certain to be eliminated in the first live show?

cats academycats academy Posts: 787
Forum Member
✭✭
Isn't it almost 100% certain that no one will vote for Melanie? So why are the producers wasting their time bigging her up? She has Carolynn Poole Mark 2 written ALL over her - a nervy, boring first show performance followed by YOU'RE GOING HOME.

Comments

• EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Wow. I never realised we had a psychic on here. Any suggestions on lotto numbers?...
  • Paul_Howard1Paul_Howard1 Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it almost 100% certain that no one will vote for Melanie? So why are the producers wasting their time bigging her up? She has Carolynn Poole Mark 2 written ALL over her - a nervy, boring first show performance followed by YOU'RE GOING HOME.

I have to agree with you 100% . She's never going to make it in the lives
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highly unlikely.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she'll either go Week 5 or be in the Finals. :)
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,962
    Forum Member

a) We don't even know if she is in the live shows yet.
    b) Even if she does make it to the lives, you cannot make that assumption until you see her performance.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I very much doubt she'll be eliminated in the first shows. The fact that she's a favourite to win along with Tamera suggests that it's very unlikely that she'll be bottom of the votes, I think the Irish vote will carry her all the way to the finals. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally disagree, she has a lot of support online (twitter/youtube/facebook) she definately not go week one. I don't get all the hate for Melanie on here either, its just not warranted.
  • cats academycats academy Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjbir wrote: »
    Totally disagree, she has a lot of support online (twitter/youtube/facebook) she definately not go week one. I don't get all the hate for Melanie on here either, its just not warranted.

Naive. Support on social media does not translate into votes on a Saturday night. She is doomed - and righfully so because she has no personality, no spark and an average voice at best. I like her, but she's not going to succeed in this competition.
  • shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. She won't go week 1. But I can't see her winning the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naive. Support on social media does not translate into votes on a Saturday night. She is doomed - and righfully so because she has no personality, no spark and an average voice at best. I like her, but she's not going to succeed in this competition.

Define succeed.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up, OP... can't wait for the market *first elimination* to be put up on paddypower and ladbrokes :rolleyes:
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well she has a better than average voice that will improve with the shows vocal coaching, She has very sweet, endearing personality and we will have to wait and see her singing live to see if there is a spark.

She is not through to the lives yet, maybe she wont even be there but the girl has talent. She has perfect pitch,a lovely tone and great control.

Who knows if she gets through how long she will last, look how far Mary Byrne got, who Imo did not have as good or versatile a voice as Melanie.
    Will; she win, well it will be tough,a lot of talent this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll be the first out, but she'll only do an Ella Henderson at best. She's got a lovely voice, but unlike Ella she has NOTHING to her. She doesn't have 'it' fundamentally.
  • rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    she definitely wont be out in the first show! i think her run will be pretty good!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll be the first out, but she'll only do an Ella Henderson at best. She's got a lovely voice, but unlike Ella she has NOTHING to her. She doesn't have 'it' fundamentally.

Ironically, I think it was Ella Henderson's lack of personality that cost her dear in the end. The judges were bigging her up as the next Adele and telling her she would be selling out arenas around the world in five years' time, but it's obvious from the voting that the public never really warmed to her as a person.

I keep reading here how wooden and bland and soulless Melanie McCabe is but I've a sneaking suspicion she will prove surprisingly popular this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie does have personality watch her Xpose interview, she is shy. If she gets to the later stages she will come out of her shell as weeks go on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no she's irish..
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

can I borrow your crystal ball , :D
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance she'd go out first, the Irish vote would keep her in a month at least.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    No chance she'd go out first, the Irish vote would keep her in a month at least.

and there hasn't been many good acts so far ,

that's why there are so many rejects returning this year
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »

have you any idea how many vote from Ireland ? In comparison to the UK vote its a drop in the ocean . Also how do you know who the Irish will vote for ? I am Irish and I would vote for Next of Kin over Melanie any day .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After tonight's show this thread has become so ridiculous - even the most hardcore Melanie dissenters couldn't possibly believe Melanie would or could be out week 1 (if she makes the lives), I think its pretty obvious she is one of the biggests talents this year from what we've seen IMO.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjbir wrote: »
    After tonight's show this thread has become so ridiculous - even the most hardcore Melanie dissenters couldn't possibly believe Melanie would or could be out week 1 (if she makes the lives), I think its pretty obvious she is one of the biggests talents this year from what we've seen IMO.

She's still the joint favourite with the bookies alongside Abi Alton after three episodes.

I think people are getting too hung up on the fact that this is her fourth time to audition, as if she is a second rate reject who was nowhere near good enough to reach the live shows before. In reality, many think she should have been put through in both 2011 and 2012 and she probably would have done well either year.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can`t win - she won`t win. Shame on the producers for torturing the poor girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She can`t win - she won`t win. Shame on the producers for torturing the poor girl.

another person with a crystal ball

are they selling them at home bargains :confused: