Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
Forum Member
Have just seen that this film is on Film4 at 2-50 this afternoon

A film I would highly recommend...it's brilliant!:D

http://www.film4.com/reviews/1952/quiet-man-the

Comments

• Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it's great isn't it? I'm no fan of John Wayne due to his hypocritical views on war but this and The Searchers are fine films. Of course The Quiet Man is a bit cod Oirish but Maureen O'Hara is beautiful and the cinematography is lush.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    ...and Barry Fitzgerald is very comical as Michaleen and the fight scene!!...great stuff! :D
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I prefer The Duke in westerns but I think I'll set the recorder for this because I've heard a lot people praise it.Thanks.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's my favourite Wayne film. Already have the restored version, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    love this movie- Maureen and John have such great chemistry!
    Forum Member
    I prefer The Duke in westerns but I think I'll set the recorder for this because I've heard a lot people praise it.Thanks.
    Do let us know what you think of it. :)
  • moviesmanmoviesman Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    Have just seen that this film is on Film4 at 2-50 this afternoon

A film I would highly recommend...it's brilliant!:D

http://www.film4.com/reviews/1952/quiet-man-the

The only film I liked with Wayne was Brannigan.He wasnt really an all rounder actor who could do any role like Horror, Trillers, Scifi,Comedy.Having said that he did make a lot of good westerns for Wayne fans who liked him.
    Forum Member
    moviesman wrote: »
    The only film I liked with Wayne was Brannigan.He wasnt really an all rounder actor who could do any role like Horror, Trillers, Scifi,Comedy.Having said that he did make a lot of good westerns for Wayne fans who liked him.
    I'm not a John Wayne fan particularly but I love this film ....:)
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Jo March wrote: »
    Do let us know what you think of it. :)

Yeah I liked it Jo.It was a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.The fight at the end was hilarious.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I liked it Jo.It was a lot funnier than I thought it was going to be.The fight at the end was hilarious.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it,quirky...:)
  • FrillynixFrillynix Posts: 6,497
    Forum Member
    This film is for me one of the ultimate feelgood movies. Watched it yet again yesterday and loved it..

Only bit that gets me in floods of tears is when they sing The Wild Colonial Boy as my mum used to sing it to me as a child and it brings back memories of her:cry::o
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite John Wayne film with 'True Grit' as a close second.

Considering it was made 60 years ago I've always felt it must have been a little risqué for the time :)