Options

Enough Said with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and James Gandolfini

InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is a terrific film. It's not your typical romcom, more a comedy-of-relationships as Julia Louis-Dreyfus's Eva stumbles into a love affair, a friendship and a parental role, none of which go quite the way she intends. Gandolfini is excellent, playing the charming, vulnerable Albert and Dreyfus does well to make the slightly thoughtless Eva into a likeable and sympathetic character.

There are plenty of laughs from a witty and insightful script. The casting is spot on, the actors don't look like perfect Hollywood types but have real wrinkles and of course, and with hindsight sadly, James Gandolfini's weight is central to the plot. The film is however a fitting tribute to his acting and highly recommended.

Comments

• Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Yes, I heard this one being discussed on Radio 4's Front Row and it was getting a good critical reception.

There's always an element of de mortuis nil nisi bonum in these post-mortem movies but I'm looking forward to seeing it.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to see this too, and not because sadly James died. It just looks good. I would see it even if he was alive anyway.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see this too, and not because sadly James died. It just looks good. I would see it even if he was alive anyway.

Good, I hope you see it.

I think it's fair to point out that the film is about Eva (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) and her friends, relationships, family etc, so she is the main character. James Gandolfini is very good though.
  • Options
    teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed this movie - Julia L-D seems to be playing an older version of Elaine Benes (not that there's anything wromg with that ;))

just wish they'd provided her with a hairbrush - never mind Mary Beard, Julia looked like the wreck of the Hesperus in some scenes :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so glad this is being well received. :) I can't wait to see it! Two great actors.