Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final Beta this weekend.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    Final Beta this weekend.

Yep, get to try out the pre-order and Imperial package stuff.

We also get a monkey for taking part. I'm not sure I actually want a monkey. I'd prefer to horse, to be honest.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    I always found the thief guild and assassin guild quest lines to be the most interesting in Elder Scrolls games.

There's only really 2 quests that stick vividly in my mind out the whole series. Which isn't very good out of 300+ hours play if you add it all up.
    The one in Oblvion where you go inside the painting and the one in Morrowind where you find the last ever Dwarf
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a spare key if anyone wants:

KPT6FTL56FPAD73YPMRA
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    There's only really 2 quests that stick vividly in my mind out the whole series. Which isn't very good out of 300+ hours play if you add it all up.
    The one in Oblvion where you go inside the painting and the one in Morrowind where you find the last ever Dwarf

I thought the visit to the afterlife in Skyrim was a decent mission, as well as the Dark Brotherhood missions.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did anyone get this then? I bought it and didn't get a chance to pay the beta. I'm really liking it, it plays more like an Elder Scrolls game than a MMO though which I like but my gf doesn't.
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    I didn't get this myself but about half a dozen of my old MMO friends are playing, so I'm keeping tabs on what they think of it. If they're still playing in a month or so I might just jump in as well.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked it up. Can't say I'm hugely enjoying it - it all just seems too disjointed for my liking. Saying that, I hated WoW to begin with and have been addicted to it for 6 years, so I'll stick with it for a while - at least until the end of my first month.
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying it - best game/mmo for ages
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    Really enjoying it - best game/mmo for ages

Now all they need to do is stop bringing the server down during peak hours for multiple hours of down time. Granted, having one server farm for everyone outside the US is going to make that challenging, but at least they should have some consideration for the vast majority of players who will be in Europe and move it a bit earlier or later.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So did anyone get this then? I bought it and didn't get a chance to pay the beta. I'm really liking it, it plays more like an Elder Scrolls game than a MMO though which I like but my gf doesn't.

Yep, had it on pre-order and was due for three days head start but had a family emergency so haven't had much time to get stuck back in again. All my guild are playing though and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Yep, had it on pre-order and was due for three days head start but had a family emergency so haven't had much time to get stuck back in again. All my guild are playing though and thoroughly enjoying it.

Sorry to hear that. Hope things improve for you and your family if they haven't already.

I haven't gone through it a lot myself, played it a little and I'm enjoying but it's just I don't have the time to put into it yet. It might just be a weekend game for me.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Now all they need to do is stop bringing the server down during peak hours for multiple hours of down time. Granted, having one server farm for everyone outside the US is going to make that challenging, but at least they should have some consideration for the vast majority of players who will be in Europe and move it a bit earlier or later.

Yeah thats the problem we had on EQ, because it was a US based server, it always came down during European play time or worse raid time.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear that. Hope things improve for you and your family if they haven't already.

I haven't gone through it a lot myself, played it a little and I'm enjoying but it's just I don't have the time to put into it yet. It might just be a weekend game for me.

Aww thank you KC. Things have stabilised but we're playing a waiting game atm and I'm now 10 days behind on things at work so it's mental trying to catch up!
    Am hoping I'll get a bit of a chance of a run out at tESO this weekend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really starting to lose my interest now. Still hitting bugged quests, there are bots all over the place as well. People selling half a dozen yellow quality items is a dead give away. Either they are duping or they are fencing the goods from dungeon botters, or both. Yellow quality items are supposed to be extremely rare, so why would anyone have that many of them, hmm? So obvious.

Reminds of that scene in Superman 3 where the character played by Richard Pryor is seen turning up for work in a really expensive car while the boss is wondering how they are going to find the guy who is skimming money... Well, something like that anyway. Haven't seen the film again since it was released about 30 years ago.

I'm also starting to find it very repetitive and most of the guild plugging in zone chat is either in a foreign language or is for yet another trade guild. I don't see much interest in trying to get people to join actual let's play together guilds (not English speaking ones anyway), which I would still expect to see recruiting aggressively if the game had much of a future. Do people really just want to play shop?

All the problems are ruining any sense of immersion for me, especially when you hit a dungeon and it's swarming with players killing everything instantly and removing any sense of challenge from the game. I played some Skyrim while there was lots of downtime the other week and it's a superior game in almost every way. You don't see people offering to sell vampire bites there!

People truly suck (pardon the pun), and a game really has to justify to me why I should put up with them. If they just feel like a pain in the arse then it's failed big time.

Definitely considering cancelling before the billing starts.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Sucks I know Lyricalis, Despite the frustrations I'm still really enjoying the game (lvl 35 Sorc/One hand and shield somewhere between a tank and a glass cannon ha) the problem I have is that I'm eating throught the content way under level. I tried a level 39 quest at level 30 just to see, and only died at the boss (though I couldn't kill him and it cost me over a grand in repairs by the time I gave up ha)
    The gold selling hasn't really affected me as yet and I was heartened to see a GM on Reddit killing boss campers (which made me ponder wether this was open world PVP of sorts :D) The duping issue is huge but I'm hoping Zeni can sort it out without too much damage to the economy (long term, it's not the first game to have this happen but the haters (so many lol hurry up Wildstar!) really are jumping on it as DOOOOOOM)
    As it stands I love the game, playing mostly solo* helping out other players when I can, and (quite often) /sitchair'ing at a surprisingly tough encounter just to watch other players get caught out expecting to face-roll them (also adds an element of pressure knowing there's an audience:D)
    *If anyone is thinking of picking this up as a mainly single player game I urge you to hold off until the zerg has moved up the ranks. SP is really enjoyable in the game, but easily ruined by numbers, as can a lot of the public group content. Those anchors that take less than a minute are epic with a small number. Three of us hit one of the Alik’r Desert East anchors, and it took about 10 minutes and was some of the most fun I've had in the game. I didn't know there were switches and mechanics, I thought you just ravaged the baddies!

All in, the teething troubles seem to have gotten markedly worse since release but I'm willing to give Zenimax the benefit of the doubt, my three month payment is going to remain, and I'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's the sad thing about this game. It's got so many things right that other MMOs failed on at release. Having no login queues was the biggest for me. Those are so damn annoying. The server technology is very impressive stuff as well. It also tries to reward exploration, well as much as you can in an MMO that's a theme park and not a true persistent world, which I approve of as I love exploring.

I'm playing a tank/healer Templar at the moment. I'll usually go healer on larger scale stuff (anchors or world bosses), but will switch to tank if there are other healers and not enough tanks. I do like the skill system and having that sort of flexibility, especially as I usually end up making alts in more rigid class-based systems because I like to vary my play style. ESO can easily accommodate a DPS, tank and healer on the same character by changing weapons and skills. It'll be interesting to see how that gets expanded over time.
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Yeah the skill system and weapon swap are what make the game for me. At the moment I'm axe and shield on both sets with some magic on my secondary slots. Lots of fun.
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,101
    Forum Member
    Definitely considering cancelling before the billing starts.

I did exactly that. I've really struggled to get into the game at all. The 'chat' seems to be full of 'buy gold cheapest happy fun' and most of the quests I've completed have been me following in the wake of 20 other people doing the quest ahead of me (so nothing for me to do other than run through, collect the item and leave). And actually that's the only time I've felt that it's a populated world as people tend to keep to themselves a lot in the game.

I think it suffers a little by being too polished (graphically). I used to love the excitement of zoning in games like EQ and WoW because of the variety in zones. It kept it fresh. I remember my first attempt to run across Antonica in Everquest and being amazed at the variety and dangers I faced (and ultimately getting flattened by a wandering Giant in East Karana). ESO is pretty but I get no sense of excitement about the world. I just don't know why.

Perhaps I'm simply MMO'ed out.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Angry Joe and Boogie 2998 weren't overly appreciative of ESO, so will hold off for a while till some of the major bugs are sorted. Don't mind doing the Beta, but refuse to pay to Beta test a game. And they were very critical of the need to attach a CC even though they had 30 days free play after purchasing the game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Angry Joe and Boogie 2998 weren't overly appreciative of ESO, so will hold off for a while till some of the major bugs are sorted. Don't mind doing the Beta, but refuse to pay to Beta test a game. And they were very critical of the need to attach a CC even though they had 30 days free play after purchasing the game.

Popped on today (been busy getting into Landmark and I still have 6 days to go before my 'free' period ends) and I'm still finding broken quests. I'm very early into The Rift area of the Ebonheart Pact, and one of the broken quests is on the main quest path through the zone. It's a real shame they didn't give it a bit more time before release and got all these problems fixed properly. Even a bit of compensation time would probably have kept my subbing.
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,101
    Forum Member
    Even a bit of compensation time would probably have kept my subbing.

They've given everyone 5 days free time. I've played so little that I didn't even notice the bugs :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rooks wrote: »
    They've given everyone 5 days free time. I've played so little that I didn't even notice the bugs :)

Yeah, probably in panic because of the number of people who made sure to cancel way before the 30 day period was up!
  • Options
    cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems pretty clear that this game will now bomb and I'm not going anywhere near it. I have friends who play and enjoy it, but others who say it's little more than a very expensive, poorly executed ES title.
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    It seems pretty clear that this game will now bomb and I'm not going anywhere near it. I have friends who play and enjoy it, but others who say it's little more than a very expensive, poorly executed ES title.

Yeah I can see it going F2P within a year.