The Vampire Diaries season 4 US Pace (spoilers in tags)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG loved this episode!! Much more engaging than the first ep!

Love Damon, he's such a sweetheart and he's not even trying to show it!! He has so much emotion and yet he's such a bad-ass!!! Made me cry at the last scene. I cried like a little baby from the part with lanterns and the scene with Damon in a cementary and Alaric... my tears were just running like hell :cry: ( and I usually don't cry over TV shows :o).

Damon needs Alaric back asap! The only thing that would have made this episode perfect was if Damon had lit a lantern for Rose and Alaric at the very end away from the others.
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    OMG loved this episode!! Much more engaging than the first ep!

Love Damon, he's such a sweetheart and he's not even trying to show it!! He has so much emotion and yet he's such a bad-ass!!! Made me cry at the last scene. I cried like a little baby from the part with lanterns and the scene with Damon in a cementary and Alaric... my tears were just running like hell :cry: ( and I usually don't cry over TV shows :o).

Damon needs Alaric back asap! The only thing that would have made this episode perfect was if Damon had lit a lantern for Rose and Alaric at the very end away from the others.

Knew Damon wouldn't light one, great writting there for his character, it really wouldn't have felt right if he had of done when you take into account his character and how he tries to hide how he's feeling.

Series has been brilliant so far. The only downside is the fact that Tyler is still alive. Kill the **** off, please :p
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed this episode greatly, although I don't really like the new hunter.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    The only thing that would have made this episode perfect was if Damon had lit a lantern for Rose and Alaric at the very end away from the others.
    That wouldn't be Damon though. He isn't like that. His idea of showing emotion is a bottle of whiskey. ;)

I think they touched on his emotions (talking to Alaric) just fine.
  • WhiteFangWhiteFang Posts: 3,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I enjoyed this episode greatly, although I don't really like the new hunter.

Im sure he was in the Resident Evil film.There are 2 threads and really they should be merged :D
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    WhiteFang wrote: »
    Im sure he was in the Resident Evil film.
    Different person. Resident Evil Actor is Boris Kodjoe, our new Hunter is Todd Williams. :)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Connor clearly has a ghost connection with Jeremy seeing his tattoo when nobody else can. Interesting where he'll go from here.
    I couldn't work out whether the look he gave Jeremy was "How can he see my magic tattoos, I'll have to keep an eye on him" or "I don't have any tattoos, wtf was he on about?". :p
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I couldn't work out whether the look he gave Jeremy was "How can he see my magic tattoos, I'll have to keep an eye on him" or "I don't have any tattoos, wtf was he on about?". :p

Ha, thought the same thing:D I'm leaning toward the former, however as it's the same hand he uses to greet people which makes me think that's what burns vamps and not the glove.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great episode and as others have said, terrific writing for Damon!

my favourite part is how hilariously awful Elena is at chucking up blood. That stuff goes everrrryywhere

I've always been easily annoyed by Stefan and this season is no exception!

Also, are actually trying to set a world record for the amount of times one can use the word HEIGHTENED in an episode? cos I think they've won it by a mile
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nina dobrev is so damn georgeous!

good episode, better than last weeks

i also dislike tyler,he makes caroline worse too

elena being abck with stefan, hummm will she ever get with damon legit? i wonder

new hunter is bad...ass.

p.s did klaus mother die or just vanish last season? i cant remember
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    p.s did klaus mother die or just vanish last season? i cant remember
    She enchanted the White Oak stake for Alaric so it would be indestructable and could be used to kill all the Originals. He took it from her, said thank you very much, and then killed her with it.

Of course she's been dead before...
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    She enchanted the White Oak stake for Alaric so it would be indestructable and could be used to kill all the Originals. He took it from her, said thank you very much, and then killed her with it.

Of course she's been dead before...

cheers,its all come back now,alaric was fun as a killer lol

i wonder how much he will figure now,i dont want him to be a regular as that will take away from his death

6 or so episodes as a ghost would be fun though.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictable episode, though it was good fun. Poor Rebekah.

Loved the idea of an 12th century vampire hunter from Italy who has a Glasgow accent for some reason.

Klaus is awesome. :D
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NB: I like the title of 4.6-
    We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liked the episode but for the love of Elvis stop with the white ash daggering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant episode!! :)

I agree...Klaus is awesome...so bad so manipulative. :D:cool:
    The new professor...lush :D:o ...I thought Connor was evil but this guy :eek: (despite looking hot and innocent).
    In the books Elena is human and someone gives Stefan a gift to make him human but Damon opens it instead. I wonder if that could happen in this season?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Poor Rebekah, I honestly don't understand why they keep killing her...she brings a much needed entertainment factor to the show, the dynamics between her and Elena are hilarious to watch.

This Cure...if an original was to use it, would all the vampires they had turned turn back to human?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Rebekah, I honestly don't understand why they keep killing her...she brings a much needed entertainment factor to the show, the dynamics between her and Elena are hilarious to watch.

This Cure...if an original was to use it, would all the vampires they had turned turn back to human?

So true...they should just rename this whole show as:

“The HEY-WHY-DON’T-WE-CRUSH-DAMON-AND-REBEKAH’S-FEELINGS-AGAIN-AND-AGAIN-AND-AGAIN-BECAUSE-WHY-THE-F-NOT Diaries”
  • 111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member

And if the cure works would all the years of living passed a normal human life span catch up to them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    111roy111 wrote: »
    And if the cure works would all the years of living passed a normal human life span catch up to them.

Doubtful, The curse stopped them aging, curing it would most likely just renew it.

Weird thought, doesn't that mean Klaus doesn't need Elena, Katerina would work just as well as her, also if you cure the Vampire will it cure those they turned (regardless Original or not.)

I can just see this as a means to kick Stephan and Elena, by making Damon & Elena human then the cure being destroyed.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubtful, The curse stopped them aging, curing it would most likely just renew it.

Weird thought, doesn't that mean Klaus doesn't need Elena, Katerina would work just as well as her, also if you cure the Vampire will it cure those they turned (regardless Original or not.)

I can just see this as a means to kick Stephan and Elena, by making Damon & Elena human then the cure being destroyed.

Good ep. but as most people have said quite predictable.

The plot I feared the most has started, the ability to retcon the curse that is Vampirism. To me it should remain a curse, you turn and thats it, no escape through the backdoor to humanity.

I hope Klaus does his normal trick of not doing what the main characters expect and cure Katerina not Elena. Hopefully there is a limit to the cure and only curing an original cures an entire vampire line, cause Klaus would be the only one who could turn every character back.

Gotta agree about Rebekah, she really does suffer doesn't she.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    If they turned all vampires human would that not be the end of the show?Perhaps in a few series that could be plausible.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The human diaries lol
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame I also like Rebekah. :(

I don't get the stabby thing though? What was the stake dipped in? I assume she can come back once its removed?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame I also like Rebekah. :(

I don't get the stabby thing though? What was the stake dipped in? I assume she can come back once its removed?

White oak ash. as a stake it can kill but when used on a dagger it can paralyse. Correct, once removed she'll come back.