Belle Dingle - Change of Character

jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
To me it seems just because she has had a birthday, they have made a sweet child, who was privately educated at one point.

Into a stroppy teenager, who in my eyes thinks she is so up herself, she has suddenly started wearing makeup, and looking tarty, where as before she had friends who were boys, who she just hang out with.

I can see her having a baby next Christmas at this rate.

Comments

• MorningCazzMorningCazz Posts: 2,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like a typical/normal teenager to me.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's unusual. Over the years I've known many people who were lovely as little kids but appeared to have personality transplants when they became teenagers. Someone I know once said she wished her then 14 year old daughter could have gone from 12 to 18 without the teenage years in between.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But with belle, she seemed to instantly change after her birthday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But with belle, she seemed to instantly change after her birthday.

There is an interview of Jane Cox in Soaplife and she says that Belle changes overnight. (Subtle characterisation as always). Teenagers can be difficult but they are nice teenagers who are not cheeky, gobby, defiant, confrontational, rude, troublemakers. At the moment in ED all the teenagers are just awful individuals. Sean, Thomas, Belle, Emma. It's always the same storyline.

I am certain that Lisa is going to end up apologising to Belle.
  • bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    MissLola wrote: »
    There is an interview of Jane Cox in Soaplife and she says that Belle changes overnight. (Subtle characterisation as always). Teenagers can be difficult but they are nice teenagers who are not cheeky, gobby, defiant, confrontational, rude, troublemakers. At the moment in ED all the teenagers are just awful individuals. Sean, Thomas, Belle, Emma. It's always the same storyline.

I am certain that Lisa is going to end up apologising to Belle.

Who's Emma?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant Gemma.
  • RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    bob321 wrote: »
    Who's Emma?

Probably that Gemma, Dom's Daughter, I think..
  • TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chances of us ending up with a teenage pregnancy? :yawn::sleep:
  • bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    RuthStar wrote: »
    Probably that Gemma, Dom's Daughter, I think..

Yeh I realised that as soon as I posted this, oops
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chances of us ending up with a teenage pregnancy? :yawn::sleep:

Belle is taking far too much time to start reproducing...it's turned Mr Zachariah grey just worrying about it......................
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes always been a stroppy, entitled, precocious, chip on the shoulder, little madam, it runs in the family, look at dobbeh & charity.

All this angst in the run up to a shag that won't happen.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was only thinking about putting a post about this last night when I was watching ED. They make all teenagers horrid and stroppy. Are all teenagers like this? No... so why do it.

What I would have preferred with Belle, if they had made her a bit more of a "country" girl. After all this is what she is, and I have no doubt she used to enjoy going poaching with her father (I believe this was mentioned a few years ago, when Zak went awol, and Belle wrote a letter to him). She would probably enjoy farming and shooting more than boys and make up...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    She would probably enjoy farming and shooting more than boys and make up...

Really? I think it's pretty obvious that this is all Gemma's influence. It's not like she just woke up one morning and decided to cake her cheeks in blusher and find a boy to pounce on.
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out will go the button up cardy and hair bun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she was younger Belle was a precocious, lying, devious brat - and a thief.
    They briefly made her more bearable when Zak was ill but there's no change of character at all.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Really? I think it's pretty obvious that this is all Gemma's influence. It's not like she just woke up one morning and decided to cake her cheeks in blusher and find a boy to pounce on.

Yes it may be is Gemma's influence... however I think in real life someone like Belle would find someone like Gemma a cheap chav whom they have nothing in common.

When I was at school (if you have read my previous posts, you will know I am from a village), I was friends with the farmy/horsey sorts, as opposed to the chavs, as I had nothing in common with the latter.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Shes always been a stroppy, entitled, precocious, chip on the shoulder, little madam, it runs in the family, look at dobbeh & charity.

All this angst in the run up to a shag that won't happen.

This!
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching, shaking my head, it's stupid who she's become
    She's never been like this and how the heck would someone change so much like that
    It's crazy
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She hasn't changed that much. and she has always been gobby.

she is only just turned 13 though and I think she's a bit young to start having sex, even by soap standards.

she was just getting off with someone. and her mum thinks she needs to go to the clinic.
    she is just learning, most kids start messing around at that age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give Emmerdale some due, at least they have stuck with Eden Taylor-Draper, and not changed her head like other soaps have done.

I guess only time will tell if she really can pull off these kinda Storylines, or if they have to change her head eventually.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eden replaced another girl who played Belle.

The original one spoke about as much as EE's Amy:D
  • Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Belle is the same age as one of my sister's and the likeness in both their changes in attitude is startling.

They're just playing out a 'coming of age' story. Belle has always been at the bosom of the Dingle family, constantly protected by everybody...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edens been Belle since she was fairly young then, cause I remember Eden used to win the Young Star award thing for years on end at the soap awards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    least they aint changed the actress....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    To me it seems just because she has had a birthday, they have made a sweet child, who was privately educated at one point.

Into a stroppy teenager, who in my eyes thinks she is so up herself, she has suddenly started wearing makeup, and looking tarty, where as before she had friends who were boys, who she just hang out with.

I can see her having a baby next Christmas at this rate.

Teenagers do change... and sometimes it is as if it is over-night. Belle has got to that age where puberty, friends, peer pressure everything is hard to deal with and what with her family being the Dingles, who can blame her having a few difficulties fitting in and finding herself etc.

Plus there is also a thing called character development - not all characters stay the same as they did when they were younger. As story lines develop and change so do the characters.