Sean Bean

gothergother Posts: 14,654
Forum Member
✭✭
I've seen a couple of Sean Bean movies and programmes lately the most recent movie was Black Death. This guy is actually quite a good actor.
What do you guys think about him and can you recommend any movies with him in?

Comments

• GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was good in Goldeneye :D
    I actually thought he would be a bigger actor than he ever was.
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Hopes Sean returns to Silent Hill for the second film, with a bigger role*
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Sean Bean too.

Recently watched - Far North - Black Death and Ronin (Again) with him in.
    He was great as Sharpe too.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll love him forever for voicing Martin in The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion IV :D
  • starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is Good in Lord of the rings and Red Riding as well to name a few of his outings,i am looking forward to A Game of Thrones.
  • blacksuit42blacksuit42 Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    I've seen a couple of Sean Bean movies and programmes lately the most recent movie was Black Death. This guy is actually quite a good actor.

Sharpe... at least 30 hours of Sean shooting the French.
    What is there not to like :P
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    starman700 wrote: »
    He is Good in Lord of the rings and Red Riding as well to name a few of his outings,i am looking forward to A Game of Thrones.

I can't wait for this eries .. Come on sky Atlantic and give us an episode already !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I liked him in Flightplan, Don't Say a Word.

Loved him in Sharpe.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching Ronin, again, he's great in this going head to head with DeNiro.

Love this film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I can't actually think of anything that he hasn't been good in - even films that are not very good, he still is good and usually stands out for his acting. As the other poster said, I am surprised he is not bigger than he is, he definitely deserves better and bigger roles.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the amount of work he gets he certainly isn't short of a few quid, is he. The voice overs on adverts must be worth a fortune alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    I liked him in When Saturday Comes
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114917/
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Sorry to be the exception, but I can't stand him and think he's the same in everything he's in. :o
  • FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fair point.

Having seen him in Sharpe I was a bit worried about him in Lord of the Rings.

However, he brought elements to Boromir that I hadn't seen in the book.

I realised with Sharpe that he's very much playing a character between two stools - raised from the ranks he is awkward with either group and this often shows by his good playing.

Good actor.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    stvn758 wrote: »
    Considering the amount of work he gets he certainly isn't short of a few quid, is he. The voice overs on adverts must be worth a fortune alone.

Oh no doubt he is reasonably well off by now. I feel he should be earning more per film by now, I mean other actors probably make 10 times more than what he makes, yet are no better than he is.

I mean look at Robert Pattinson he must be getting a fairly decent wage per film now, and yet he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, in fact I doubt he could convincingly portray being trapped in a paper bag.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big fan of Sean Bean. Saw Black Death at the cinema, whilst the film was alright, nothing special, I thought it was one of his best performances.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    He was hot to trot in Lady Chatterley's Lover with Joely Richardson.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frood wrote: »
    Fair point.

Having seen him in Sharpe I was a bit worried about him in Lord of the Rings.

However, he brought elements to Boromir that I hadn't seen in the book.

I realised with Sharpe that he's very much playing a character between two stools - raised from the ranks he is awkward with either group and this often shows by his good playing.

Good actor.

It's a fantastic portrayal of an officer up from the ranks! I study the Napoleonic Wars for my MA, my thesis is on the 95th Rifles so it's of particular interest to me! He wouldn't have been accepted properly by the officers and the men would often shun him for being made up. It's a lonely life.

Think he's pretty good in Game of Thrones, he's really great at the rugged personalities!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't actually think of anything that he hasn't been good in - even films that are not very good, he still is good and usually stands out for his acting. As the other poster said, I am surprised he is not bigger than he is, he definitely deserves better and bigger roles.

Might be something to do with the fact that he's TERRIFIED of flying (at least in a helicopter) so maybe he's a bit limited... who'd'a'thot :eek:

Sorry to shatter anyone's illusions about his rugged manliness... :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Might be something to do with the fact that he's TERRIFIED of flying (at least in a helicopter) so maybe he's a bit limited... who'd'a'thot :eek:

Aww
    Lookslike another episode of Sharpe for me :P
    Forum Member

Get a boat then - if he is rich this shouldn't a huge problem :)
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sean Bean is an excellent actor, and very under-rated, imo.

Some of my favourite characters he has played:

Richard Sharpe
    Alec Trevelyan
    Spence
    Boromir

His current performance of Eddard Stark (Game of Thrones) is brilliant.
  • calamitycalamity Posts: 12,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but wearing that uniform. :pdefinitely worth a watch
  • 1TrueNorth1TrueNorth Posts: 4,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »

Stormy Monday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7CY2ezigyE