susan boyle rumours

Comments

• Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all surprised. She seems quite odd in her behaviour sometines, sort of manic or anxiety-prone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Oh dear. This is exactly what I feared. Susan so obviously had learning difficulties & couldn't cope even having to do live shows on BGT. What did anyone expect that she was suddenly going to be this marvellous live performer? She was exploited by record label who stage managed her tv performances over the next couple of years by pre-recording them. Even I've heard said doing a bit of digital tinkering!! Fact is that first performance on BGT was auto-tuned which explains why when it got to the live rounds she was out of tune.

The folks to blame in this are Simon Cowell & the record company who have used her to make mega bucks. Susan is who she is - a middle aged lady with learning difficulties with an OK voice. Don't hate on Susan hate on the real villans in this.

All performers on TV shows are pre-recorded in front of a live audience. Boy, are you naive. As to auto-tuning, haha. Some tab went to two experts and they said no. Didn't happen. In fact, impossible. You can't auto tune a singer, who uses as much vibrato as Subo does. Susan Boyle is a very good singer without help.
  • sunrisegirlsunrisegirl Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    This been coming for sometime now, the womans a total fruitcake.

But I blame Cowell and his show for this.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trennie wrote: »
    All performers on TV shows are pre-recorded in front of a live audience. Boy, are you naive. As to auto-tuning, haha. Some tab went to two experts and they said no. Didn't happen. In fact, impossible. You can't auto tune a singer, who uses as much vibrato as Subo does. Susan Boyle is a very good singer without help.

She'd sound like Cher in Believe :eek: :D
  • NosnikraplNosnikrapl Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh dear - hook line & sinker. No not all performers are not pre-recorded in front of a live audience. Only the ones that they know they can't trust to sing live. ;) In fact Susan was often recorded in a empty studio such were the concerns about her performance.

Susan was auto-tuned in that first performance. I know that with absolute cetainty. It is the worst kept secret out there. Why oh why do you think she was so lacklustre on her BGT performances?? I know Americans fell for the You Tube & didn't actually see the live BGT shows but the Brits did. They saw her & didn't vote her the winner.

This is a classic Emperors New Clothes story. Susan will be one of those stories that folks look back on in a few years & say how the hell did that happen?? In the meantime Susan will be the one who suffers. I say that as a person with a brother with learning difficulties & who has been heavily involved with MENCAP. I suspect it will fall on charities to pick the pieces longer term.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I despair at this thread! The usual Cowell is the root of all evil and the devil incarnate!

Has anyone here watched her documentaries (at least 2) or read her autobiography? They paint a very different story. Yes Susan has learning difficulties but nothing on the scale that posters are implying here. She was starved of oxygen at birth but not majorly disabled. If anything I blame her parents for wrongly over protecting her in the big bad world and not giving her social tools to cope. She was the youngest child and reading between the lines her mother wanted to keep her at home as the baby for ever and that is never a healthy or good thing.

Susan spent years trying to get somewhere with her music so I am sure everything she ever wanted to do was to sing and get paid for it. She also has people she trusts surrounding her .

I am sure due to her background she struggles with the frustrations and pressures of life but no doubt having a fat financial cushion will help her when she needs treatment. She also has her dovout catholic faith which helps her too.

Yes, her career isn't shining bright like a few years ago but that is fairly normal after starting from such a great height which makes it impossible to be sustained. I don't think we have seen the last of her by a country mile.

Yes - she was brain damaged at birth & has a learning difficulty. That is all anyone is saying on here. Why are you trying to downplay this?? What is happening which is typical is that she is only able to cope within a tightly controlled environment. She panics & becomes emotionally distressed when outside of it. It is at the lower end of the autism spectrum. Individuals like Susan are vulnerable to mental health issues as they don't have the mental capacity to process & cope. It seems to me that she it continually having breakdowns when it all gets too much. How on earth is this good for her as a person. She is being 'used' as a money making machine - so sad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her 15 minutes is up, yeah she made money although I really doubt she is worth millions.
    Nobody buys CD's anymore, getting to number one is no big deal compared to years ago as CD sales are so small, and the Americans loved her for a bit but she was just a novelty to them.
    The only real money to be made now in the music industry is doing huge mega stadium concerts and writing your own songs, she is not exactly great at live performances and doesn't write her own songs.
    It must be hard on her to not be getting all the media attention she was getting in the past few years.
    Forum Member
    Nosnikrapl wrote: »
    Oh dear - hook line & sinker. No not all performers are not pre-recorded in front of a live audience. Only the ones that they know they can't trust to sing live. ;) In fact Susan was often recorded in a empty studio such were the concerns about her performance.

Susan was auto-tuned in that first performance. I know that with absolute cetainty. It is the worst kept secret out there. Why oh why do you think she was so lacklustre on her BGT performances?? I know Americans fell for the You Tube & didn't actually see the live BGT shows but the Brits did. They saw her & didn't vote her the winner.

This is a classic Emperors New Clothes story. Susan will be one of those stories that folks look back on in a few years & say how the hell did that happen?? In the meantime Susan will be the one who suffers. I say that as a person with a brother with learning difficulties & who has been heavily involved with MENCAP. I suspect it will fall on charities to pick the pieces longer term.

You got to be kidding. Susan was great on the BGT Tour. Just Google Susan Boyle BGT Tour. They're all over You tube.. Brought the house down each and every stop. 22 shows in all.
    Forum Member
    Nikkiclody wrote: »
    Her 15 minutes is up, yeah she made money although I really doubt she is worth millions.
    Nobody buys CD's anymore, getting to number one is no big deal compared to years ago as CD sales are so small, and the Americans loved her for a bit but she was just a novelty to them.
    The only real money to be made now in the music industry is doing huge mega stadium concerts and writing your own songs, she is not exactly great at live performances and doesn't write her own songs.
    It must be hard on her to not be getting all the media attention she was getting in the past few years.

Subo's 18 million CDs sold in 3 years is a BIG DEAL for anyone. Do your research before you spout off.
    Forum Member
    Subo's 18 million CDs sold in 3 years is a BIG DEAL for anyone. Do your research before you spout off.

17 to be correct, do your research.

11million 4million 2million

By the IFPI 2012 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the OP's a load of old nonsense. No sign on the net of ANY stories involving Ms Boyle.

i really hope i am wrong, i was only asking if other people had heard anything, she has actually been in ward 1 of that hospital before and it was never reported on the news or anything, even seen her sitting on the street in blackburn in her jammies and cars couldnt get passed, it was awful. she spends a lot of time just walking the streets.

i know this sounds like a load of rubbish but trust me, the women is in a dark place atm.

why its not in the news well, maybe they are trying to keep it quiet or something i dont know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    To most people who have had overnight success it must be a shock, for her and to where shes come from its catastrophic
    Forum Member
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    i really hope i am wrong, i was only asking if other people had heard anything, she has actually been in ward 1 of that hospital before and it was never reported on the news or anything, even seen her sitting on the street in blackburn in her jammies and cars couldnt get passed, it was awful. she spends a lot of time just walking the streets.

i know this sounds like a load of rubbish but trust me, the women is in a dark place atm.

why its not in the news well, maybe they are trying to keep it quiet or something i dont know.

She had a breakdown in Burger King a few months back, shouting/crying and using bad words because she did not want to be there.

Well not many people want to go to burger king :D
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A person on the Autism spectrum often has difficulty forging proper relationships with others .. Susan is surrounded by people who are employed by Simon Cowell.. When she stops selling music he will dump her back where she came from.. Sad but true.. He does it to everyone when they have served their purpose
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    There are many celebs who cant deal with pressures of fame peace of mind is everything! Fame must be like drugs cant get enough.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've an uncle who is very similar in character and 'issues' to Susan...learning diffs, a little 'odd' you might say if you did not know him....the thing is people like him and Subo are fine and function perfectly well within the environment they have grown used to and created for themselves - once they experience change, even small change, it completely throws them and they have to employ coping mechanisms they simply are not equipped with. My uncle is 69, worked from the age of 15 to 65 (a cleaner) and has his own house and garden, he looks after himself no problem, but if he were to be taken out of that and thrown into a huge sphere of public attention and constant pressure to 'be' something for the masses he'd crumble. Susan should have stayed where she was and where she was happy and functioning....people like Susan are not made for being the focus of such intense attention. fame is not for everyone. What worries me is who is looking after her finances....she's made a lot of money and when you have a lot of money you find yourself with a lot of friends and relatives...
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss Culture
    A lovely post and very true
  • Deborah_WilbankDeborah_Wilbank Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I have seen Susan perform live three times, she was remarkable, no autotune. Experts know the signature of an autotuned performance and have repeatedly disavowed that easy rumor.
    Susan performed live for the Pope, the Queen, and an audience of 1/2 a billion Chinese. She's coping extraordinarily well despite the unquenchable desire of society to believe otherwise.
    She recently threw a party for the neighbors to thank them for their support.
    I never understand why people want to believe the worst case scenario on the slimmest remark.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being able to sing in tune does not mean the singer is fine emotionally or mentally....we all know she can sing, we also know she has shown herself to be very fragile at times.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Tackomacko wrote: »
    ... seen her sitting on the street in blackburn in her jammies and cars couldnt get passed, it was awful. she spends a lot of time just walking the streets.
    That's not unusual behaviour in West Lothian, though!
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Susan Boyle and think her voice is pretty damn good. She's done well despite her difficulties and some of the terms being used to describe her mental health status are patronizing and derogatory. Having been involved with mental health issues for most of my life, I find it sad. Just because she has these difficulties, should she have been excluded from having her chance to shine? I don't know. What I do know is that people being spiteful about her looks and demeanour won't help one bit. It's the old 'point, look and laugh' Bedlam mentality that we should have grown out of by now and moved on from. I'm not humourless and can accept banter about physical and mental disabilities, both of which I've got experience of in one way or another. I just don't get the level of nastiness some people have directed at Susan Boyle. In some cases, it's the people who are saying she shouldn't have become famous because she is 'not all there' who actually create that situation in the first place....and I'm not referring to anyone in this thread. Have seen and heard much worse elsewhere. The best person to know whether or not it has all been worth it is Susan Boyle herself. A great many talented people, dead and alive, have had mental health issues. Because of this, should they be prevented from expressing their talent and capability? I hope SB is as well and can be and has the right kind of love and support around her to get her through the tougher times.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I like Susan Boyle and think her voice is pretty damn good. She's done well despite her difficulties and some of the terms being used to describe her mental health status are patronizing and derogatory. Having been involved with mental health issues for most of my life, I find it sad. Just because she has these difficulties, should she have been excluded from having her chance to shine? I don't know. What I do know is that people being spiteful about her looks and demeanour won't help one bit. It's the old 'point, look and laugh' Bedlam mentality that we should have grown out of by now and moved on from. I'm not humourless and can accept banter about physical and mental disabilities, both of which I've got experience of in one way or another. I just don't get the level of nastiness some people have directed at Susan Boyle. In some cases, it's the people who are saying she shouldn't have become famous because she is 'not all there' who actually create that situation in the first place....and I'm not referring to anyone in this thread. Have seen and heard much worse elsewhere. The best person to know whether or not it has all been worth it is Susan Boyle herself. A great many talented people, dead and alive, have had mental health issues. Because of this, should they be prevented from expressing their talent and capability? I hope SB is as well and can be and has the right kind of love and support around her to get her through the tougher times.
    Totally agree dory.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have seen Susan perform live three times, she was remarkable, no autotune. Experts know the signature of an autotuned performance and have repeatedly disavowed that easy rumor.
    Susan performed live for the Pope, the Queen, and an audience of 1/2 a billion Chinese. She's coping extraordinarily well despite the unquenchable desire of society to believe otherwise.
    She recently threw a party for the neighbors to thank them for their support.
    I never understand why people want to believe the worst case scenario on the slimmest remark.

I have no doubt that she can sing, but I've yet to see her give a performance where she's singing in time to the music and has a real connection to what she's singing. I first noticed the lack of rhythm/timing on BGT. I thought it was something she'd get to grips with in time, then I saw a performance from her on TV this year (guest performance on BGT, I think...when she was singing a Madonna song) and she was still ignoring the tempo of the music and singing at her own speed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've an uncle who is very similar in character and 'issues' to Susan...learning diffs, a little 'odd' you might say if you did not know him....the thing is people like him and Subo are fine and function perfectly well within the environment they have grown used to and created for themselves - once they experience change, even small change, it completely throws them and they have to employ coping mechanisms they simply are not equipped with. My uncle is 69, worked from the age of 15 to 65 (a cleaner) and has his own house and garden, he looks after himself no problem, but if he were to be taken out of that and thrown into a huge sphere of public attention and constant pressure to 'be' something for the masses he'd crumble. Susan should have stayed where she was and where she was happy and functioning....people like Susan are not made for being the focus of such intense attention. fame is not for everyone. What worries me is who is looking after her finances....she's made a lot of money and when you have a lot of money you find yourself with a lot of friends and relatives...

What a lovely post & a very understanding of the situation. I was concerned immediately I saw Susan as it was blatently obvious what her situation was. Simon & her family it seemed just saw exploitation & mega bucks. At the final when her behaviour was nothing other than very worrying & then we learned she had been taken into mental health hospital I know that nationally MENCAP were contacted by a no. of very concerned people. They did make contact with ITV & I think it was reported at time what had been said.

I despair when I hear Simon & record company trying to dismiss her difficulties as exhaustion or whatever the latest explanation is. Trouble is her supporters buy into it either not understanding or in denial.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    I have no doubt that she can sing, but I've yet to see her give a performance where she's singing in time to the music and has a real connection to what she's singing. I first noticed the lack of rhythm/timing on BGT. I thought it was something she'd get to grips with in time, then I saw a performance from her on TV this year (guest performance on BGT, I think...when she was singing a Madonna song) and she was still ignoring the tempo of the music and singing at her own speed.

I agree. This is where Emperors New Clothes comes in. If anyone else performed like this it would be deemed 'not very good' but it is just 'ignored' as it is unmentionable as you can't say that about Susan. The worst I saw was her attempting to do a duet with Elaine Paige - dear oh dear. I felt for Elaine trying to sustain the duet as Susan was oblivious to rhythm/timing.