Harry Styles and Taylor Swift split ?

124»

Comments

• IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    And that last PR article to save Taylor's good girl image by saying the break up happened because she would not put out as often as he wanted is PR catastrophy IMO.
    Are we supposed that a non-virgin 23 year old was so preoccupied by her wholesome reputation that she decided to not have sex with her boyfriend (a supposed womanizer) in the confines of their private room when they both entered very publically through the front entrance of the hotel in front of the paps?

They must have thought it brilliant. They degayed him and virginised her with one article.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    They must have thought it brilliant. They degayed him and virginised her with one article.

Except that apart from spreading confusion among the teen demographic, most adults, read: adults, which is what both Taylor and Harry would be aiming for as a target audience of the future (because they'll be adults longer than they will be 'kids') - will likely just see them as a joke/duffers who beard or PR their way round town, rather than serious musicians, like Ed Sheeran or Coldplay.

Both their management and PR teams should be fired. This one has been worse than Taylor and Jake and that went badly from the beginning as well.
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »

It's actually bad PR for both:
    Taylor seems both clueless and imature for a 23 years old, eternally stuck in teenagehood;
    Harry is presented as a horndog who wants to pressure a girl into sex which is very bad from a young teenager point of view.

Talking about sex is always a bad idea anyway with young fanbases... and in the future, they will both have to attempt to attract older fans too who might have a very different view on that same topic. This angle is the worse idea ever IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Why does it seem the norm that their lovelife is more interesting than they music?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And that last PR article to save Taylor's good girl image by saying the break up happened because she would not put out as often as he wanted is PR catastrophy IMO.
    Are we supposed that a non-virgin 23 year old was so preoccupied by her wholesome reputation that she decided to not have sex with her boyfriend (a supposed womanizer) in the confines of their private room when they both entered very publically through the front entrance of the hotel in front of the paps?

There was actually a CDAN blind a while ago about a young famous woman who doesn't like sex, and puts a stop to it as soon as possible, which is why the men don't stay around. A lot of people guessed it was Taylor. It was mentioned on here.

Of course you have to take the CDAN blind items with a few buckets of salt:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    The trivial blinds are usually not true but the outrageuos are usually true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    There was actually a CDAN blind a while ago about a young famous woman who doesn't like sex, and puts a stop to it as soon as possible, which is why the men don't stay around. A lot of people guessed it was Taylor. It was mentioned on here.

Of course you have to take the CDAN blind items with a few buckets of salt:D

tbh: I don't really believe in gossip.
    It's either PR from the artists, or made up stuff by gossip columnists IMHO. It's very hard to know how much is true, but I would say 10 to 20% maybe? I've always thought that the columnists spread gossip that even contradicts itself just to cover all angles, so they can seem to have been partly right LOL

Blind items are even more NOT bound to the laws of reality because no names are even attached to them. Maybe some of them are true, but I remain skeptik.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of blind items have been true, but obviously there's false ones too. I've found Lainey Gossip to have the most reliable blind items. I don't take any of blind gossip's items seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually bad PR for both:
    Taylor seems both clueless and imature for a 23 years old, eternally stuck in teenagehood;
    Harry is presented as a horndog who wants to pressure a girl into sex which is very bad from a young teenager point of view.

Which cannot be a true picture because she has her own private jet, several homes and knows how to steer her way through the industry so cannot be entirely stupid. I don't even think she's anywhere NEAR what she is supposed to be seen as.

Harry either. For him (imo) all the signs I've seen relentlessly pushing this straight horndog image just mean one thing in my book. I don't know what floats his boat but the way he is aggressively repped in the media it seems as if the preferred setting is for a rather nasty, sleazy, reckless person who dumps girls if they won't 'put out'.

Maybe this is the image someone wants - to shift flipping concert tickets rather than just say he's either single/not bothered about dating or he's not what he seems (hint hint). The hammering of such a playa image onto readers/viewers seems quite badly-thought out (destructive) and seems at odds with the rather nice (and quite frooty!) person you see on Twitter and in real life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Which cannot be a true picture because she has her own private jet, several homes and knows how to steer her way through the industry so cannot be entirely stupid. I don't even think she's anywhere NEAR what she is supposed to be seen as.

Harry either. For him (imo) all the signs I've seen relentlessly pushing this straight horndog image just mean one thing in my book. I don't know what floats his boat but the way he is aggressively repped in the media it seems as if the preferred setting is for a rather nasty, sleazy, reckless person who dumps girls if they won't 'put out'.

Maybe this is the image someone wants - to shift flipping concert tickets rather than just say he's either single/not bothered about dating or he's not what he seems (hint hint). The hammering of such a playa image onto readers/viewers seems quite badly-thought out (destructive) and seems at odds with the rather nice (and quite frooty!) person you see on Twitter and in real life.

I am wondering if it's not a 3rd party who doesn't have anyone's best interest at heart, because this story doesn't do any of them (Harry and Taylor) any favour IMHO.
    With gossip, you knever know where that comes from anyway.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am wondering if it's not a 3rd party who doesn't have anyone's best interest at heart, because this story doesn't do any of them (Harry and Taylor) any favour IMHO.

Sorry if this has already been posted, it's a blind item from a while back confirming this fake relationship and various other details... Amongst other things it says:
    Why did they break up? Well, we’ll let you in on a little secret: These two couldn’t stand each other! That’s right. They didn’t even like each other! Each one thinks that the other is immature and annoying. Frankly, they are probably both right. While holding hands they grimaced in a way that kids do when they think that someone is giving them the cooties. They really didn’t like kissing each other (that New Year’s Eve kiss was staged), and they certainly never slept together. Yes, all that sneaking in and out of hotels nonsense was totally choreographed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's how totally contrived it is that gets me. If we were to believe that she beards for all these guys ,then what happens with the songs? I'll admit I like them ,good sing along pop albums . Do the management sit down with her and say " right your now dating *inset male celeb * ,on the 4th your going to park together ,please kiss on this spot on new year" etc

Does she actually write the songs ,or are a team songwriters handed a list of notes on where she had been seen with them and hash up a song?!

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/who-is-each-song-on-taylor-swifts-album-about.html < Her last album picked apart .
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Headline in the daily wail: Harry Styles dumped Taylor Swift because 'she only ever talked about antiques'

...of course he did :p;)

I'm not very familiar with Harry Styles, but I didn't think he was gay up until I heard he was paired off with Taylor Swift!

The PR people seem to work on the basis that Harry=X number of fans, Taylor=Y number of fans, but the combined interest in Harry + Taylor would be greater than X+Y. I assume the PRs know what they're doing, they've been doing it for decades with celebrities. Presumably the young 'stars' just take it as part of their contracts that they'll be expected to do this sort of stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's how totally contrived it is that gets me. If we were to believe that she beards for all these guys ,then what happens with the songs? I'll admit I like them ,good sing along pop albums . Do the management sit down with her and say " right your now dating *inset male celeb * ,on the 4th your going to park together ,please kiss on this spot on new year" etc

Does she actually write the songs ,or are a team songwriters handed a list of notes on where she had been seen with them and hash up a song?!

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/who-is-each-song-on-taylor-swifts-album-about.html < Her last album picked apart .

I think she co writes but I think in 2010 she done an album completely written by her.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the Vulture article... not seen that before and it made interesting reading.. like the Lena Dunham interview about her love for Taylor Swift ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member

I got the impression it was fed into the press by her people so she could keep her wholesome image after getting a bit of backlash after yet another brief relationship. Obviously her PR have completely underestimated how naive the public are and it's backfired, making the entire thing seem even more set up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes it is tit-for-tat from stars PR teams but in this case the range of stories/reasons and excuses look to be so varied it seems as if it's just bad journalism/sensationalist reporting in the wake of no official word/lack of clarity.

Whilst this ridiculous showmance was ongoing, we were getting simultaneous marriage and babies, wedding discussions, outpourings of love, relocating to the USA and even a Taylor is pregnant story alongside Taylor texting her ex, Harry getting cold feet in a hot tub with a blonde (the papers didn't seem to notice the majority men in the hottub, conviniently) and him dumping Taylor because she is 'frigid' and 'talks about antiques too much'. Then Taylor dumping Harry.

Absolute rot from start to finish. Bloody silly fauxmancing. All wrapped up in a big bow. Pathetic. :D:rolleyes::o

Not to mention the same Harry Styles who was once seen going round an outdoor antique fair looking at furniture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Sometimes it is tit-for-tat from stars PR teams but in this case the range of stories/reasons and excuses look to be so varied it seems as if it's just bad journalism/sensationalist reporting in the wake of no official word/lack of clarity.

Whilst this ridiculous showmance was ongoing, we were getting simultaneous marriage and babies, wedding discussions, outpourings of love, relocating to the USA and even a Taylor is pregnant story alongside Taylor texting her ex, Harry getting cold feet in a hot tub with a blonde (the papers didn't seem to notice the majority men in the hottub, conviniently) and him dumping Taylor because she is 'frigid' and 'talks about antiques too much'. Then Taylor dumping Harry.

Absolute rot from start to finish. Bloody silly fauxmancing. All wrapped up in a big bow. Pathetic. :D:rolleyes::o

Not to mention the same Harry Styles who was once seen going round an outdoor antique fair looking at furniture.

You are right that the stories all through the ro/show-mance (depending on opinions) went in all directions. It's all been a bit of a mess. The breakup seems to be following the same direction...
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are they doing this for? Anyone who cares to know about this sort of stuff has probably already figured out it was a fake romance. Is the ratio of gullible idiots who swallow anything no matter how staged bigger than the ratio of people with common sense? Probably, but it's still pathetic. Isn't it about time celebrities stopped with these publicity stunts? The public are becoming more savvy to them. I don't think anyone honestly believed Swift and Styles were an item.