The One Show

AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is the dreadful Alex Jones always going to say happy saint davids day every 1 march. It means nothing to the rest of us.

Comments

• richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Speak for yourself!

It's once a year, is it really that big a deal!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the dreadful Alex Jones really been given her own show on Radio 2 - I heard her squawking away the other day at 4 o clock in the morning
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJRevitt wrote: »
    Is the dreadful Alex Jones always going to say happy saint davids day every 1 march. It means nothing to the rest of us.

Seems quite reasonable when the Scots are allowed to make a big fuss about both St Andrews Day and Burns Night as well claiming 'ownership' of New Year's Eve. Then of course the Irish get a bit carried away for St Patrick's Day. It's the fault of the English for not celebrating St George's Day. Also Lancashire Day and Yorkshire Day to celebrate .....
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJRevitt wrote: »

Oh brilliant another One Show thread to b*tch about Alex Jones.:rolleyes:
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    Seems quite reasonable when the Scots are allowed to make a big fuss about both St Andrews Day and Burns Night as well claiming 'ownership' of New Year's Eve. Then of course the Irish get a bit carried away for St Patrick's Day. It's the fault of the English for not celebrating St George's Day. Also Lancashire Day and Yorkshire Day to celebrate .....

Us Irish don't just get carried away its practically a week long holiday.;)
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    Has the dreadful Alex Jones really been given her own show on Radio 2 - I heard her squawking away the other day at 4 o clock in the morning

4 o clock in the morning sounds like a good time for her show .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Especially someone getting up at 0400h so they can bitch about her doing an overnight radio programme! :rolleyes:
  • simes188simes188 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Its unlikely that she will wish us happy St David's day every March 1st unless she's on live TV at the weekednd. Mach 1 falls on a Saturday next year and Sunday in 2015.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    4 o clock in the morning sounds like a good time for her show .

I can't see any such programme billed in Radio Times
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,543
    Forum Member

Yes, why the hell is there another thread about this show? Too lazy to find one of the hundred other threads about the programme I suppose!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    simes188 wrote: »
    Its unlikely that she will wish us happy St David's day every March 1st unless she's on live TV at the weekednd. Mach 1 falls on a Saturday next year and Sunday in 2015.
    She'll say it on the Friday show the day before
  • CherylFanCherylFan Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she looked rather nice tonight
  • mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    billy bragg was so embarrising showed no sign of wanting to shut up and sung a god awful song
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did Alex say to Olivia Newton John "We'd love to talk about Grease, but apparently we're not allowed to" before showing her a random video clip of Xanadu ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »
    billy bragg was so embarrising showed no sign of wanting to shut up and sung a god awful song

What was he on the One show about?
    Forum Member
    What was he on the One show about?

a new album which will shortley be available on e bay for about 1p
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billy Bragg has a new album out apparently. I thought he retired in the late 80's.
    Olivia Newton John had a Welsh father, there's nice for Alex to squeak about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't think one show viewers would be his target audience tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Why did Alex say to Olivia Newton John "We'd love to talk about Grease, but apparently we're not allowed to" before showing her a random video clip of Xanadu ?

Didn't she say that it was because they talked about it last time Olivia Newton-John was on so had decided it was better to talk about other films. I got the impression it had been decided by the production team earlier in the day, not some restriction placed on the programme by Olivia Newton-John. Too many conspiracy theories around!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrblank wrote: »

I must have been watching a different programme because I did not get that impression and I am no fan of his. I like it when you get a completely unexpected combination like him and Olivia Newton-John that works.
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    I must have been watching a different programme because I did not get that impression and I am no fan of his. I like it when you get a completely unexpected combination like him and Olivia Newton-John that works.

not to me ONJ was bored out of her skull