Outlook express not retreiving some mail

darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I use OE as a client with Sky email. Recently it's been unreliable in what it actually retrieves/displays. I've no message rules, spam filters or anything similar set up, yet it ignores about 70% of my incoming email.
I've deleted I.E. / O.E. and reinstalled with my account newly set up - and checked all the POP, SMTP and port numbr settyings are correct, and it's still the same. I've never encountered this sort of behaviour from O.E. before - very odd.

I'd be grateful for any pointers ..

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are they all the same email address or do you have sub-mailboxes?
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All to the same email address..
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    All to the same email address..

That sounds impossible then! If you say there is no filtering going on...

Is your PC set to the correct time, date and time zone? Other than that I'm out of ideas.
  • cp2cp2 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky / Google email uses its own spam filter which puts mail it sees as suspicious in a spam folder that can only be seen by logging on to the account on line. Have you looked there?
  • darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cp2 wrote: »
    Sky / Google email uses its own spam filter which puts mail it sees as suspicious in a spam folder that can only be seen by logging on to the account on line. Have you looked there?

Ah - that sounds interesting. As Stig said, it sounds impossible, yet it's happening. I've just had a quick look and it seems that direct/personal emails are being received ok, but items from say, ebay, or Amazon are not. I'll have a close look at the Sky config page. It must be one of thos e sttings that's changed. Odd though, I never access mail via the Sky 'client', but it certainly sounds like the problem must lie there. Thanks for the help !