Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I currently have the Nexus 4. I've already started saving up for the Note 3 which is due to be announced in September at IFA in Berlin and then released in October. I used to think stock Android was the best experience, however, having used my friends Samsung Galaxy S4, the camera software and screen is so much better. If I want the stock Android look, I can always use a launcher. Anyone else considering the Note 3 as their next device?

Comments

• John_PatrickJohn_Patrick Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having had a note 2 before my current s4, I would consider if you can get along with the size of the note.

If you intend to use anything oth than a very slim case then the size can be an issue depending on how you carry it.

To me the size of the s4 is just right, I can't say that I miss the spen although never found a killer use to use it as intended.

I do however concede that the note family are very good devices and am sure the note 3 will be epic.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thread bumped from June.

What do we think guys?
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    Thread bumped from June.

What do we think guys?

I like the look of it. Think I'm going to get me one :D
  • artnadaartnada Posts: 10,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to SamMobile It's going to be around 939CHF (Swiss Francs) which at todays rate converts roughly to £640.

Expect top pay at least £600 for sim free one.

\
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    artnada wrote: »
    According to SamMobile It's going to be around 939CHF (Swiss Francs) which at todays rate converts roughly to £640.

Expect top pay at least £600 for sim free one.

\

Can't recall how much the Note 1 was on launch sim free but that just north of five hundred pounds I believe. So not much change two generations on.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I'm impressed and my choice at present although as with any tech I will wait a month or two for the price to become reasonable.
  • Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I more or less expected it to be in the £600 or more range. I really like the textured back, although I bet that the white ones will get grubby quickly. Is the back removeable so that a plastic cover can be fitted instead?
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    That's my fear with it that it won't be easy to wipe clean etc
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I more or less expected it to be in the £600 or more range. I really like the textured back, although I bet that the white ones will get grubby quickly. Is the back removeable so that a plastic cover can be fitted instead?

Yes, the videos all show the back being pulled off similar to current Samsung phones.