Spice girls to replace Posh?

Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
Forum Member
To be honest it sounds very unlikely and a hideous decision .....

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a468007/victoria-beckham-quits-spice-girls-tv-show-to-find-replacement.html

But if they did decide to replace Posh .... Who would make a good replacement?

Who should replace Posh Spice? 43 votes

Cheryl Cole
13% 6 votes
Fergie
0% 0 votes
Dannii Minogue
2% 1 vote
Natasha (Atomic Kitten)
0% 0 votes
Louise (ex Eternal)
2% 1 vote
Leona Lewis
2% 1 vote
Unknown
2% 1 vote
Stay As 4
67% 29 votes
Audition from Reality Show
2% 1 vote
Other
6% 3 votes

Comments

• maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignoring a former Spice Girl's official twitter account:
    Melanie C ‏@MelanieCmusic

It seems there are some very peculiar stories in the press today. I haven't seen one that's true yet!

They should carry on as a fourpiece as they have not really lost much in the vocals department.

But if they were to appoint a replacement I'd love to see them get Nadine Coyle in just to annoy Cheryl; Kimberley & Nicola for permanently splitting GA up.
  • xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl and Posh have a similar vocal ability (make of that what you will), so my vote goes to Chezza.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the heck would replacing her with someone from another girl group work? Would some one please explain why we have the optns of CHeryl Cole, Natasha Hamilton and Louise? This is silly, the whole idea of replacingnher is silly, they have already said numerous times when Geri left that the idea of replacing one of them would never work because they are too well known, they are known individually and their nicknames I.e. Posh, scary etc etc are too globally representative of them.

Another member will never work and sure as won't work if it's another well know person from another well know girl group.

I think Ive made my point....:D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    They would never replace her as there would be a huge uproar Posh might not have been the best singer in the group but each Spice Girl was a valiable member.
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    Agreed it is is silly, and if you read my opening comment it would be horrendous... But if that was the decision... then who would be the best replacement? It is a fun poll - nothing more - lighten up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed it is is silly, and if you read my opening comment it would be horrendous... But if that was the decision... then who would be the best replacement? It is a fun poll - nothing more - lighten up!

That is why I have selected the option 'stay as 4' and given my reasons to justify my choice. Jeez you can't really start a poll and then tell the people who contribute to it to lighten up:confused::confused:
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I felt your hyper ventilation lol It was meant to be fun but felt that you may have taken it in the wrong way, as in offensive, which wasn't meant to be the case - just fun..So I am sorry if it offended you. Maybe it was the tone of your words 'How the heck... This is silly...would someone please explain to me why we have the options.. ' Which refer to me and my post. Anyhow I adore the Spice Girls .... and I was meaning lighten up to. it was meant to be a fun hypothetical post... Not offensive.... I thought of options suggested on twitter and included the option of other and stay as 4. Sorry. Would delete post if I knew how?
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could replace her with a paper plate with an angry face drawn on and a broomstick with a black dress.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the Sugarbabes. I don't which one of the 20 though.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Waits.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story was out a few weeks ago with Heidi Range being touted as already joining. Emma tweeted they would never replace one of the five, Heidi then tweeted her saying "you mean I am not going to be SugaSpice". I thought it was quite funny.

If it did happen Jenny Frost would suit it vocally

to be honest all the girls are doing well. Mel C can carry on with West End Shows and her music. Mel B seems to be doing well as one of SImon Cowell's panelist. Emma Bunton has Heart Breakfast, a gig most female DJ's would kill for, so she should count herself lucky and Geri is erm......going on the tube, so I think the Spice Girls should be left where they are and if another event like OLympics comes up I am sure VB could be talked round
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are Fergie and Leona on this list? Fergie is in the Black Eyed Peas (I presume it's this Fergie anyway :o) and Leona is a solo artist in her own right who happens to have a monumental amount more vocal ability than all five Spice Girls put together ever did and ever will have.

I think they should just get an unknown to replace Victoria. Replacements have been done before in Destiny's Child and The Sugababes, and the other four girls obviously want to milk the Spice brand for all it's worth so I don't think it would be that bad an idea....

What did Victoria actually contribute to the group anyway, she never seemed like a main member until after she married David. Maybe a replacement could work as she is obviously happy with her own life and appears to want to put the girls behind her.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fergie won't do it as she is pregnant

I vote for stay as a 4. Victoria barely sung anyway so her presence in the group has never been a memorable one.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just stick a twig in a black dress, along with a tacky hair cut and soccer balls attached midway and you have a posh spice replica. Also pour tuna on it and it will smell like her too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It only works when you have the five of them. Victoria may not have been the best singer but she played a vital part in the group and it would look wrong without her (the way it did without geri) and even worse with a replacement.

It's all five or nothing for me.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    It only works when you have the five of them. Victoria may not have been the best singer but she played a vital part in the group and it would look wrong without her (the way it did without geri) and even worse with a replacement.

It's all five or nothing for me.

Geri stood out in the band and was loud, plus she at least sang.

Posh was always in the background, and hardly did anything.

The lost it's spark when Geri left, however if Posh left there is not much difference in my opinion. The remaining 4 can carry the group.

Plus when Geri left, the band was more a band of 3 (Mel B, Emma, and Mel c )...as again posh was in the background doing that dumb hand movement thing. With Geri now, it will still feel like a band, and as spicier then ever :)

FORFSAKE - Posh did not even sing at the concert, instead she did a dumb catwalk thing. No point in having her, and the others don't need her attitude.

She can go back to what she calls fashion.

I personally hope the remaining four do something:):D:p:o

:confused:<
    Posh Spice
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bez from The Happy Mondays. Noone would notice the difference when they sing.
  • Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a clothing store closing down on my high street.One of the mannequins would be an ideal replacement.It would be a couple of dress sizes bigger but would have much more personality.:yawn: