Kacey Musgraves Appreciation Thread

P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
Forum Member
✭✭
I was going to post in the country music appreciation thread but I thought I;d create an individual one for Kacey because I am a huge fan and Same Trailer Different Park is one of the albums of the 2013 for me. :)

Also, I'm so pleased she has been noticed at the Grammy awards and has 4 nominations next year. :) I hope she wins them all, particularly Best New Artist.

The Follow Your Arrow video has just been uploaded :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8xqyoZXCc

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,908
    Forum Member
    Oooh I've only just found this thread whilst looking for the country music appreciation one.

I'm a huge Kacey fan, thanks to you P_P. "Follow Your Arrow" is one of my favourites from the album. I'd love for her to have some success over here.

I really loved her performance of "The Trailer Song" at the Opry. I watch that regularly. She does sarcasm very well!
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Oooh I've only just found this thread whilst looking for the country music appreciation one.

I'm a huge Kacey fan, thanks to you P_P. "Follow Your Arrow" is one of my favourites from the album. I'd love for her to have some success over here.

I wish she was more appreciated over here too.
    I really loved her performance of "The Trailer Song" at the Opry. I watch that regularly. She does sarcasm very well!

I've never listened to that before, it's great :D

I'd love to see her live :)
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    my joint fave new artist of the year
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    i love the edgy observational lyrics - refreshing for country
    Forum Member
    i love the edgy observational lyrics - refreshing for country

So do I. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same Trailer Different Park has the 5th highest review score of 2013 on Metacritic for albums that have 7-15 reviews from critics with a score of 88 based on 11 reviews!

I don't always pay too much attention to the critics however this just shows how brilliant the album is. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grammys tonight :)

Really hoping that Kacey can pick up an award.

It will be the highlight of the ceremony for me if she wins Bet New Artist :)
    Forum Member
    P_P wrote: »
    Grammys tonight :)

Really hoping that Kacey can pick up an award.

It will be the highlight of the ceremony for me if she wins Bet New Artist :)
    she won two awards!!!!
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she won two awards!!!!
    :)

Congratulations to Kacey, two well deserved awards :):)

Kacey has also announced that she is supporting Katy Perry on her US tour :) I'm not the biggest Katy fan but it is great that she gets to tour with one of the biggest artists around at the moment :)

Katy Perry ‏@katyperry Jan 27
    "I'm so happy @KaceyMusgraves is going on tour with me. I want a pair of my own light up boots" :D
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to Kacey, two well deserved awards :):)

Kacey has also announced that she is supporting Katy Perry on her US tour :) I'm not the biggest Katy fan but it is great that she gets to tour with one of the biggest artists around at the moment :)

Katy Perry ‏@katyperry Jan 27
    "I'm so happy @KaceyMusgraves is going on tour with me. I want a pair of my own light up boots" :D

Katy has been championing Kacey for a long time so it doesn't surprise me that she's joining her on the PRISMATIC world tour. I'd love it if Kacey was at the dates in the UK but I think that it's been confirmed that Icona Pop are supporting in the UK.

I could see them both in a dressing room messing around on guitars :) they seem to get on really well.
    Forum Member
    Ugh. Seriously, the more that I listen to Kacey, the more that I love her.

Does anybody watch the show "Nashville"? If so, there is a song called "Undermine" which was featured in the second episode of the first season performed by Hayden Panetierre's character Juliet Barnes. I remember hearing it and really loving the song. I've just found out that Kacey wrote it! :)

Here is Kacey performing "Undermine" at a show earlier last year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. Seriously, the more that I listen to Kacey, the more that I love her.

Me too :D
    Does anybody watch the show "Nashville"? If so, there is a song called "Undermine" which was featured in the second episode of the first season performed by Hayden Panetierre's character Juliet Barnes. I remember hearing it and really loving the song. I've just found out that Kacey wrote it! :)

Here is Kacey performing "Undermine" at a show earlier last year!

I've never heard that song before but I really like it :)

It's just been announced that Same Trailer Different Park has moved back up to 12 on the US albums chart and Follow Your Arrow is 60 on the singles chart :)
    Forum Member
    ^ glad to hear it. I didn't realise either that she had self-released three albums before signing to a label and releasing "Same Trailer...." :)

I was watching videos of her UK tour from last year. I got into her music three days after the tour finished. I was gutted! I'd love to see her live. Hopefully she'll be back soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ glad to hear it. I didn't realise either that she had self-released three albums before signing to a label and releasing "Same Trailer...." :)

I was watching videos of her UK tour from last year. I got into her music three days after the tour finished. I was gutted! I'd love to see her live. Hopefully she'll be back soon.

I was aware she had released independent albums but I haven't listened to any of the songs on them yet. :)

I didn't know about her tour as I'd only recently found out about her too. I hope it won't be too long before she returns.
    Forum Member
    It looks as if Kacey and her co-writers have started on the second album already :)

"Get Outta My Yard" appeared on Youtube. It's filmed around a campfire so it looks as if they were in the middle of a song-writing session.

I love it already. I have had that song on repeat for days! :D In the comments section someone has said that there is possibly going to be a studio version. It'll be interesting to see what the studio version sounds like if there is one. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks as if Kacey and her co-writers have started on the second album already :)

"Get Outta My Yard" appeared on Youtube. It's filmed around a campfire so it looks as if they were in the middle of a song-writing session.

I love it already. I have had that song on repeat for days! :D In the comments section someone has said that there is possibly going to be a studio version. It'll be interesting to see what the studio version sounds like if there is one. :)

Thanks for this, I hadn't heard that before but I really like it. I'd like to see it on her second album. :)
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this, I hadn't heard that before but I really like it. I'd like to see it on her second album. :)

I only noticed last night that the video was posted in 2011. Possibly written during the sessions for "Same Trailer...". I'm also saddened to see that she gave the song away to Gretchen Wilson. For that reason I'll be surprised if Kacey ever records it herself. :( In my opinion Gretchen's version lack's the punch of Kacey's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only noticed last night that the video was posted in 2011. Possibly written during the sessions for "Same Trailer...". I'm also saddened to see that she gave the song away to Gretchen Wilson. For that reason I'll be surprised if Kacey ever records it herself. :( In my opinion Gretchen's version lack's the punch of Kacey's.

I hadn't noticed that either :blush:

I like them both but think l I prefer Kacey's version too. I hope there are songs like that on album 2 though :)
    Forum Member
    Mum and dad just got tickets for me for the show in London, I can't wait! :) tickets go on general sale tomorrow.

I can't wait for July! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great news :)

Don't think I can see Kacey this year, she's just too far away. Absolutely gutted. :(
    Forum Member
    That's great news :)

Don't think I can see Kacey this year, she's just too far away. Absolutely gutted. :(

Have you seen her before?

Keep an eye out for tickets. I know that she announced more dates a few days ago. :)
    Forum Member
    My tickets arrived today. They came quickly! At least I don't have to worry about them arriving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you seen her before?

Keep an eye out for tickets. I know that she announced more dates a few days ago. :)

No I haven't :( Unfortunately the dates announced have been in other European countries :(

Hopefully she'll come again soon though :)
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checking her album out
    Rather impressed

I admire her for being a country star and openly talking about same sex relationships in one of her songs.
    Forum Member
    Checking her album out
    Rather impressed

I admire her for being a country star and openly talking about same sex relationships in one of her songs.

Glad that you like her. She has tons of unreleased stuff which is brilliant. Check out "Trailer Song" "Get Outta My Yard" and her version the song that she gave to Miranda Lambert "Mamas Broken Heart" :)