Tropicana ad voice over.

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
Does anyone know if the new (San Francisco...I think) Tropicana ad (with the music 'Let the music play' by the Doobie Brothers) is voiced by Bernard Cribbins doing an American accent?

It sounds like him to me and it's bugging me as I seem to be the only one who thinks that. Maybe my ears are deceiving me as I'm getting older.:)

Comments

• SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Googled it, but it just says it's a radio DJ, name not listed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In that case, why not ask in the radio forum?

Someone there might know! :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    When I first heard it I thought it was Alan Alda
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the Halifax now selling orange juice ??? that's what I want to know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The actor who voices the DJ is Tim Davenport.

www.americanagency.tv
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Am I right in thinking the voice used is not that of the actor who plays the DJ?

Also I believe that when the ad reappeared in recent weeks in the UK, the voice had changed to someone else's (if so you wonder why they bothered to make such a subtle change - in response to market research?) and the script was expanded in the middle section - or is my imagination/paranoia playing tricks on me in my old age?!

:confused:
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    The voice definitely is different now to when I first opened this thread. As I said, it originally sounded to me like Bernard Cribbins doing an American accent. Now, to my untrained ear, it sounds like an American speaking.