Comments

• JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are any other browsers working?
  • John259John259 Posts: 28,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you access your wireless router's admin? That'll tell you which side of the router the problem lies (sorry if that's obvious).
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John259 wrote: »
    Can you access your wireless router's admin? That'll tell you which side of the router the problem lies (sorry if that's obvious).

Well my iphone is working via wi-fi :confused:
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Silly question, but if your browser's not working, how are you posting here? ;)

(Ah I guess you are using your phone, then :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    Are any other browsers working?

Unfortunately only got IE installed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my iphone is working via wi-fi :confused:
    Which implies that the router can access the Internet so the problem (it seems) is probably on your computer or its connection to the router.

Sorry to ask again, but can you access the router's admin from your computer?
  • pavierpavier Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem (IE9 vista) and solved it by launching IE without add-ons and then updating Flash from Adobe's website.
    In vista to launch IE without add-ons type

iexplore.exe -extoff

in the start window.
    But in your case it may be another add-on that is the culprit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed now it started working again. :)
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this may help?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

When you get the problem solved it may not be a bad idea to install another browser - Chrome/Firefox - for times like this
  • albertdalbertd Posts: 14,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edit: Asked a question, but see you have sorted it.
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fixed now it started working again. :)

It's always polite to let others know how you fixed it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    It's always polite to let others know how you fixed it.

I never did anything it just started working again.

However logged on the computer tonight and it was doing the same thing. :rolleyes:
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    A question. Does your email stll work when IE doesn't, and if not are you sure it's not the signal strength on the connection. Sometimes my connection drops off in strength and the network strength bar gauge in the notification area aquires a small yellow triangle underneath it with an exclamation mark inside.

Next time it happens, right click the network icon in the notification area and then click Troubleshoot problems. Let Windows detect the problem, and if you're lucky it'll either fix it, or advise you what to do. It doesn't always work though because it's a badly written diagnostic and it can't always find the error. Or it finds the error but can't communicate that to you. It will write a diagnostic log though.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas?

It loads in the status bar above but showing a blank page..:confused:

Have you got an HP printer and did you load an update to the software recently? I had the same problem and the only way around it after disabling all the add ons (try that first) was to uninstall the HP update program. Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Have you got an HP printer and did you load an update to the software recently? I had the same problem and the only way around it after disabling all the add ons (try that first) was to uninstall the HP update program. Just a thought.

No not got an HP printer.

I set the computer back a year with system restore and it seemed to work fine. I reinstalled AVG.

Seemed fine and its playing up again going slow catching pages and cutting out with Internet explorer can't be displayed diagnose connection problems.

Working fine on ipad and iPhone just not pc so surely it's not the modem?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any ideas?

While its working, download and try another browser. Then you can narrow the problem down to being IE or something about the network connection on the PC. I guess the latter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right I installed opera.

Happened again with explorer. Loaded opera and it worked but when i claimed links on a website it said could not locate remote server? The PC says unidentified network no Internet access.

The wi-fi is working on my iphone so what could the issue be?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PC says unidentified network no Internet access.

The wi-fi is working on my iphone so what could the issue be?
    I think we have determined that the problem isn't with IE, but with your wifi network connection on the PC.

What make/model is your PC?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stig wrote: »
    I think we have determined that the problem isn't with IE, but with your wifi network connection on the PC.

What make/model is your PC?

Acrer and its a windows 7 with sky broadband.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think everyone has assumed that your computer is connected to your router via WiFi, but you have not said anywhere whether this is so, or if it is a direct connection.

If if is WiFi, is it possible to try a direct connection to see if that makes any difference?

(I don't trust WiFi for a permanent connection myself, which is why I bought a 30m cable from Amazon for a fiver to connect my computer upstairs to my router downstairs :). I also get around twice the speed that way, too.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it ever worked?

If it used to work, were any changes made around the time that it started to fail? For example any significant software installed, any hardware changes, any configuration changes, a change of ISP, etc?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Acrer and its a windows 7 with sky broadband.

I'm sure you mean Acer, but a model number could be useful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It might also be useful if you could tell us the make and model of the router.

For example, we might then be able to give you the IP address of the router's admin facility and IMHO it could be useful to know if you can reliably access that or not.