Call Of Duty : World At War

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,653
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ah well its starting.

First teaser is here!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35341.html

sadly no apparent gameplay footage but some noticible things.

Such as;

Flame thrower & Sword slash

2 good additions, close quarter like knife fight for the sword, flame thrower would be good.

Now we must await a larger trailer, which I think will be sooner rather than later.

Activision know that COD4 has rasied the bar so high they are gonna need to promote this to high heaven an make sure its online is decent

Comments

• magneticbluemagneticblue Posts: 1,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yup deff buying that - cod are the best shooters by far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are trailers and stuff going up on Xbox live this weekend so we should see them online soon after that.
  • CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    The only interesting thing I noticed... was climbing up trees!! That would be interesting in multiplayer! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The full trailer from which the teaser is taken from is now available. I know it says Xbox but oh well.

http://www.avidgamer.co.uk/index.php/Trailers/Media-Call-of-Duty-World-at-War-Full-Length-Debut-Trailer.html
  • gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there is also a HD trailer on xbox live now dont look bad i'll deff be watching for this one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    yup deff buying that - cod are the best shooters by far

Yes mate, you know this.

Hopefully the change in time will make it a new and welcome experience!
  • CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Ati87 wrote: »
    Hopefully the change in time will make it a new and welcome experience!

New? lol

It's the most overplayed time line in the franchise!! We need more modern warfares :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    New? lol

It's the most overplayed time line in the franchise!! We need more modern warfares :D

Hmm, well new for next gen? Either way i'm definately buying it! lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have said this time and time again on here and other forums, wait and see some gameplay before you make up your mind, as long as the online multiplayer is good then i will buy it
  • David2oo8David2oo8 Posts: 4,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I looks good and all but i am still annoyed that its set in WWII or that time.

Why not just have at least one more COD in the modern time before returning to that time period, come on how much more can they do in the 40's.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David2oo8 wrote: »
    I looks good and all but i am still annoyed that its set in WWII or that time.

Why not just have at least one more COD in the modern time before returning to that time period, come on how much more can they do in the 40's.

I think that it uses the COD4 engine and would be set in same modern times people would rightly just say. "Hey, this is just a map pack. Why should I spend (up to) £50 for extra maps?"

COD6 (or whatever they call it) will probably try to freshen up modern warfare.

To be honest, If they wanted to I think COD4 could last for a good few years yet, just with releasing gradual extra maps. It is so good and everyone thinks, just right, and so far, nothing has beaten it. sure the ones on their gold crosses, other than finishing off their challenges might be starting to drift from it, but that is a long way off for me. I've not even completed lap 1 yet (Rank 52.) I think there are even game mods I havent even played on it yet.

they should do Call of Duty: Paint ball
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flamethrowers :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its definitely not set entirely in Pacific Theatre either because I saw Soviets and Germans in European settings.

I've played COD3 and the game had a horrible engine (and the clunky animation in this trailer tells me that the COD3 engine is well and truly back from the dead) and the online was shoddy, this just looks like more of the same no matter how nicely Treyarch try to dress it up!

I'll stick to COD4 until IW finally make the next one. IW seem a bit more in touch with gamers and those who have been playing since the very first COD game on PC and less interested in the $$$.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    lol @ climbing up a tree dressed as a bush and sniping. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have said this time and time again on here and other forums, wait and see some gameplay before you make up your mind, as long as the online multiplayer is good then i will buy it

I agree, I don't care about if it's WWII or not, I'll get it if the game is good.
    Forum Member
    I hope there is another beta.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really think they might need to throw out a demo of this version else nobody will buy it.
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    really think they might need to throw out a demo of this version else nobody will buy it.

But what if it turns out to be dire like most people are expecting, and based on that demo, nobody buys it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x-p-d wrote: »
    But what if it turns out to be dire like most people are expecting, and based on that demo, nobody buys it?

yeah know where you are coming from. They better get cracking then and make it good. :D
  • pdbpdbpdbpdb Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand why Infinity Ward are not making this game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pdbpdb wrote: »
    I really don't understand why Infinity Ward are not making this game?

cos they cant churn out a new game every year. It takes them 2 years so they need to cycle them or else just release one game every 2 years.
  • pdbpdbpdbpdb Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alright, that's fair enough. I understand that, but still don't see why they would allow Treyarch to create another CoD game after the huge success that CoD4 was. I would of thought that they would try to sign exclusive rights to the series from here on.

I really feel they are making a mistake, isn't the CoD series meant to be going forward, not backwards?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Online better be good! Or else i'll be miffed..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree pdb but imagine trey must have had a contract that maybe cant be broken. If it bombs then i'd imagine it to be the last. Maybe this is why they've removed the numbering and not called it COD5. If it's a separate name, it's easier to forget.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pdbpdb wrote: »
    Alright, that's fair enough. I understand that, but still don't see why they would allow Treyarch to create another CoD game after the huge success that CoD4 was. I would of thought that they would try to sign exclusive rights to the series from here on.

I really feel they are making a mistake, isn't the CoD series meant to be going forward, not backwards?

Development for the game will have started before COD4's release.

It wouldn't make financial sense to cancel production on the basis of Call of Duty 4's success.

I've been underwhelmed with pretty much every hyped first person shooter so I'm not holding out much for this game, although I don't see why people are writing it off already.