DS Twists and Sequins - Real Time - Show 6

footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
Forum Member
Hello and Welcome to the sixth round of Twists and Sequins, Real Time. Following Ash's decision to leave I have been asked by him to take over the series and see it through to it's conclusion. I have agreed to do this and will be doing shows on Sundays and Tuesdays.

Today our couples take on the challenge of the Viennese Waltz or the Paso Doble, and as ever are marked by our judges and then it is over to the public to decide who they wish to save. The bottom two in the public vote will then face our judges who will decide who to save.

Let's get the competition under way and please welcome to the floor and opening the show with a Paso Doble to Spanish Gypsey Dance by Patrick Siben please welcome Mitch and Kristina to the floor

Comments

• footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    Amy 8
    Luke 5
    Izzie 5
    Malik 6

Comment Luke - There are two people dancing to this song tonight, and you were both on a similar level. I just wanted a slightly more original choice, sorry.

That gives Mitch and Kristina a total of 24/40

Dancing the Viennese Waltz to Once upon a December by Deanna Carter it is the turn of Ross and Ola
    Forum Member
    Amy 9
    Luke 7
    Izzie 7
    Malik 8

Comment - Luke - I thought this was a pretty good choice. Maybe a tad on the slow side, but still a good choice and dance

That gives Ross and OIa a total of 31/40

With their paso doble to Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones please welcome Val and Ian to the floor
    Forum Member
    Amy 8
    Luke 5
    Izzie 6
    Malik 5

Comment - Malik - I feel a vivid sense of deja vu as the door is, once again, painted black.

That gives Val and Ian a total of 24/40

Performing the Viennese Waltz to Vienna Waltz by Johann Strauss please welcome Jas and Flavia to the floor
    Forum Member
    Amy 8
    Luke 7
    Izzie 5
    Malik 7

Comment Amy - A classic and it worked, I'dve preferred if you had taken more of a risk though

That gives Jas and Flavia a total of 27/40

Back to the Paso Dobles's and dancing to Ojos Asi by Shakira it is Danny and Aliona
    Forum Member
    Amy 7
    Luke 8
    Izzie 6
    Malik 8

Comment Malik - This was fiery and energetic, well done

That gives Danny and Aliona a total of 29/40

With a Viennese Waltz to One and Only by Adele please welcome to the floor Katie and Vincent
    Forum Member
    Amy 7
    Luke 8
    Izzie 7
    Malik 7

Comment Amy - A decent performance, now you just need to be consistent at this level.

That gives Katie and Vincent a total of 29/40

Dancing the paso doble to 'Live and Let Die', performed by Escala it is Jamie and Iveta
    Forum Member
    Amy 8
    Luke 6
    Izzie 7
    Malik 7

Comment Izzie - While it was a little predictable in terms of song choice, I thought you really nailed the passion of this dance

That gives Jamie and Iveta a total of 28/40

With a Viennese Waltz to You and Me by Lifehouse please welcome to the floor Jess and Pasha
    Forum Member
    Amy 8
    Luke 6
    Izzie 8
    Malik 6

Comment Malik- I like the song but it's a bit safe

That gives Jess and Pasha a total of 26/40

Dancing the paso doble to Spanish Gypsy Dance by Espana Cani please welcome Connor and Katya
    Forum Member
    Amy 8
    Luke 5
    Izzie 5
    Malik 6

Comment Amy - I quite liked this. Traditional, dramatic, very impressive

That gives Connor and Katya a total of 24/40

With their Viennese Waltz to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls please welcome Callum and Erin to the floor
    Forum Member
    Amy 7
    Luke 6
    Izzie 6
    Malik 6

Comment Izzie - ‘There must be something in the water today, but again, this was nice, but didn’t blow me away.

That gives Callum and Erin a total of 25/40

And closing the show with a Paso Doble to The Final Countdown by Europe please welcome Eliza and Artem
    Forum Member
    Amy 7
    Luke 7
    Izzie 6
    Malik 6

Comment Izzie - ‘Everything was there, but there was nothing to get excited about for me

That gives Eliza and Artem a total of 26/40
    Forum Member
    Well that is it for the dancing - let's take a look at what that means for the leaderboard

1. Ross and Ola 31/40
    2= Danny and Aliona 29/40
    2= Katie and Vincent 29/40
    4. Jamie and Iveta 28/40
    5. Jas and Flavia 27/40
    6= Eliza and Artem 26/40
    6= Jess and Pasha 26/40
    8. Callum and Erin 25/40
    9= Connor and Katya 24/40
    9= Val and Ian 24/40
    9= Mitch and Kristina 24/40

Well that is what our judges though. But now it is over to you as

THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN

Please PM me your votes, it is 11 for your favourites through to 1 for your least favourite

They will remain open until 8pm tonight when I will beback with the results show. 9 couples will be saved by the public, the remaining two will face the judges who will decide who stays and who leaves.

Also when contestants send their votes can they also send their songchoice for the next round

Those who who do make it through to Tuesday's show will return to dance either the American Smooth or the Jive on Tuesday, in The Leveller,where there will be a twist, which I will reveal on the Results show later.

Good luck to all our couples.

Get voting
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    How dare you steal my song Connor xD
    Forum Member
    Jive

Danny
    Jamie
    Connor
    Mitch
    Eliza
    Val

American Smooth

Ross
    Jas
    Jess
    Callum
    Katie
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    How dare you steal my song Connor xD

Haha. What were the chances. :p
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Haha. What were the chances. :p

Out of billions of songs worldwide we pick the same ones :rolleyes:
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tsk- I was getting used to 1st place ;) Well done Ross XD I think Paso is a hard dance to make creative without staging so very pleased with that :) x
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't pull out, so I'm hoping the voters do my dirty work for me.

Vote me last, all, I'm not as willing as everyone else! :)
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I didn't pull out, so I'm hoping the voters do my dirty work for me.

Vote me last, all, I'm not as willing as everyone else! :)

I could almost see this backfiring and people voting you through until the final XD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    I could almost see this backfiring and people voting you through until the final XD

Oh please no :eek: :p
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't feel like T&S anymore, it's just DS Strictly Dancefloor with a different name. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuSiKe wrote: »
    This doesn't feel like T&S anymore, it's just DS Strictly Dancefloor with a different name. :(

Hear hear..

(lol, I forgot Paint it Black had been used. On the bright side, I sabotaged myself. :D)
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »

Mm - I have to agree here. :o
    Forum Member
    There is a twist for the next round. I was asked to take over by Ash - and this is the last series of Twists and Sequins

Wouldn't mind a bit of support from people
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    There is a twist for the next round. I was asked to take over by Ash - and this is the last series of Twists and Sequins

Wouldn't mind a bit of support from people

We're not criticizing you, Suzy, we're grateful that you're finishing it. :) It's just that it's easy to draw comparisons from DS Strictly Dancefloor, but that isn't a criticism.