Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the advert for the funeral care service where the old woman says "An Elvis impersonator. They'll be singing with the king, and I'll be dancing with him" And then she does that stupid shoulder thing. :mad::mad:
    No love - You won't be dancing with ANYONE.
    You will be dead. In a wooden box.
    And all the others in that advert get on my threepunny bits too, but she is the worst one
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rickyp08 wrote: »
    For all the people hating the Power of Love song, if it is such a awful cover why is it at number 36 in the official chart just 2 days after being released and currently at number 3 in the Itunes singles chart?

i think it is a beautiful cover and i am not just saying that because i am a fan of Gabrielle Aplin, the girl who sings it, i am saying it because it fits the advert perfectly imo.

Look at the top 10, there's your answer. People lap up awful music. To get to Number 36 these days you probably have to sell, what? 5, 6 songs, a lot less than the amount of comments on how horrible it is. If that's her best she should probably give up.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Rickyp08 wrote: »
    For all the people hating the Power of Love song, if it is such a awful cover why is it at number 36 in the official chart just 2 days after being released and currently at number 3 in the Itunes singles chart?

i think it is a beautiful cover and i am not just saying that because i am a fan of Gabrielle Aplin, the girl who sings it, i am saying it because it fits the advert perfectly imo.
    The fact that people admit to crying whilst viewing the advert shows the mentality
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the Halfords ad where they've Christmas pimped The Skids' Into The Valley. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for my son who works for Monarch after witnessing the latest advert, dire is all I can say
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Tesco are using Adam and the Ants' Prince Charming on their Christmas advert; at least they're using the original.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The horendous Confused dot com now with Xmas theme but still using the Y M C A tune:eek::eek:
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    V05 with that girl saying how to do your hair. I am sure she is from SuperScrimper :mad:

And the Daz ad .. those pants would never come up that clean !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the new Tesco Xmas advert with the (African?) family in it. Its not a bad advert but at the start for some reason I keep thinking its going to be a fire safety advert , no idea why maybe its just the way its filmed. :confused:
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unioformdating.com
    Do you fancy someone in a uniform or wears one for work?

I really do hope porters, Binmen and posties are not excluded from joining :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    TracerTong wrote: »
    unioformdating.com

yea but the catch is "and even if you don't" which makes it a bog standard dating site.

I'm sure I read that there's a group of them all with differnt names and nichhes but they're all part of the same group and use the same database.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    How is it controversial? I havent seen it :confused:

It's not REALLY controversial, it's just that people from Mumsnet (from what I hear) and the Daily Fail seem to think it is.
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The unfunny Argos adverts with those aliens.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup, they suck!
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    It's not REALLY controversial, it's just that people from Mumsnet (from what I hear) and the Daily Fail seem to think it is.

That explains it then :D
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TracerTong wrote: »
    unioformdating.com

Its so bizarre this even exists.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member

This:mad:
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

"I'm ordering this from over here."
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EVERY Christmas advert. I was watching Futurama on Pick TV and they showed THREE Christmas adverts in a row in one ad break! :mad:
  • beaglemumbeaglemum Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    The 'Fisher Price' advert song does me in every time & is on all frickin day, every fricken day!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    The Blue de chanel advert!

"I'm not going to be the person i'm expected to be"

OMFG! Cringe, puke, cringe, puke!!!
  • Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    The WHSmith Christmas ads with Ruby Wax doing the voiceover. Her voice makes my brain want to escape its skull.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any advert with Victoria Wood doing the voiceover comes across as smug!
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Beechams ad with Sherlock Holmes missing vital clues because he has a cold.
    He takes his Beecham's and recovers "Ah, the butler did it...."

It's just pants and embarrassingly bad.:eek:
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    The new Beechams ad with Sherlock Holmes missing vital clues because he has a cold.
    He takes his Beecham's and recovers "Ah, the butler did it...."

It's just pants and embarrassingly bad.:eek:

I suspect it is an American ad dubbed into English.:confused:
This discussion has been closed.