The RUSTLERS burger thread.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
Forum Member
✭✭
The prices never seem set for these delightful snacks.

I picked up a Rustlers quarter pounder last week for £1:09,and then i noticed a few days ago that they now cost £1:39.

Upon closer inspection,i realised that it wasn't a quarter pounder but a regular cheese burger (Which i had not seen before)

They seem to be making many more different type's of snacks and sandwiches at the moment too.

At Asda a few days ago,i noticed a Rustlers 'Chicken Curry' sandwich.

So far, i have tried

* The Quarter pounder (The best of the lot)

* The Cheese Burger

* The Hot Dog

* The Chicken Fillet sandwich

* The Chicken sub.

* The Meat ball hero

If any other Rustlers fans have tried anything i haven't mentioned here,i would like to know what they are,and how they tasted.

No food snobs please.
This is a Rustlers fan's thread.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried a bacon cheese burger which was absolutely brilliant. My local co-op do them for £1.00 all the time. Usually get one when I can't be bothered to cook.

Just had a look and this is the entire range;

Current Range
    The Quarter Pounder - burger with cheese and Rustlers signature sauce :D
    The Chicken Sandwich - chicken breast with mayonnaise :D
    The BBQ Rib - rib-shaped pork with barbecue sauce :D
    The Mighty Angus - Angus burger with tomato relish and cheese
    The Deluxe With Bacon & Cheese - burger with bacon, cheese and Rustlers signature sauce :D
    The Big One - a large burger with cheese and Rustlers signature sauce :D
    The Cheese Burger - burger with cheese and Rustlers signature sauce
    The Zingy Chicken - chicken breast with peri peri chilli sauce
    The Texan (Limited Edition) - Burger with Chipotle Sauce :D
    The Chilli Dog (Limited Edition) - Hot Dog with hot chilli sauce
    The Meatball Sub - Meatballs with tangy tomato and herb sauce
    The Southern Fried Chicken Hot Sub - Sub with southern fried chicken and mayonnaise
    The Club Sub - Sub with chicken breast, streaky bacon and mayonnaise

Discontinued Products
    Italian Chicken Fillet Sandwich - with tomato salsa sauce
    Chicken Tikka Naan - with curry sauce
    The Big Breakfast - sausage and bacon, with tomato ketchup :D
    The Bacon Roll - bacon with tomato ketchup :D

Big grins to signify the ones I've had the pleasure of tasting
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry nothing constructive to add. But I would like to share my experiences of Rustlers.

The last time I had one was 2006 and it was I think a QPWC. My pal prepared it for me and also added several slices of ham. I'd never have thought to add ham but this really enhanced the taste, it was yummy.

I choose not to have Rustlers in my fridge only because I would not be able to resist eating them straightaway. But if I had willpower I would store several in the fridge as a standby snack, especially for when McDonalds is closed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried a bacon cheese burger which was absolutely brilliant. My local co-op do them for £1.00 all the time. Usually get one when I can't be bothered to cook.

I haven't seen that one yet.
    I'll have a look for it next time im in Asda. :)

My local corner shop only sells the Quarter pounder and the Chicken Fillet sandwiches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just remebered as well...a few months ago Rustlers had two 'Wraps' out, a BBQ one and a Chicken Salsa one, tried both at once and both were great as well (salsa one just had the edge)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Just had a look and this is the entire range;

Current Range
    The Quarter Pounder - burger with cheese and Rustlers signature sauce :D
    The Chicken Sandwich - chicken breast with mayonnaise :D
    The BBQ Rib - rib-shaped pork with barbecue sauce :D
    The Mighty Angus - Angus burger with tomato relish and cheese
    The Deluxe With Bacon & Cheese - burger with bacon, cheese and Rustlers signature sauce :D
    The Big One - a large burger with cheese and Rustlers signature sauce :D
    The Cheese Burger - burger with cheese and Rustlers signature sauce
    The Zingy Chicken - chicken breast with peri peri chilli sauce
    The Texan (Limited Edition) - Burger with Chipotle Sauce :D
    The Chilli Dog (Limited Edition) - Hot Dog with hot chilli sauce
    The Meatball Sub - Meatballs with tangy tomato and herb sauce
    The Southern Fried Chicken Hot Sub - Sub with southern fried chicken and mayonnaise
    The Club Sub - Sub with chicken breast, streaky bacon and mayonnaise

Discontinued Products
    Italian Chicken Fillet Sandwich - with tomato salsa sauce
    Chicken Tikka Naan - with curry sauce
    The Big Breakfast - sausage and bacon, with tomato ketchup :D
    The Bacon Roll - bacon with tomato ketchup :D

Big grins to signify the ones I've had the pleasure of tasting

The Chicken Curry sandwich that i saw a few days ago was definitely made by Rustlers.
    It looked the same as the chicken and mayo sandwich,but the sauce was curry/mayo rather than normal mayo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIPLEY75 wrote: »
    The Chicken Curry sandwich that i saw a few days ago was definitely made by Rustlers.
    It looked the same as the chicken and mayo sandwich,but the sauce was curry/mayo rather than normal mayo.

Yeah i cant get their website to work properly but I do recall seeing a limited edition chicken curry burger and a sweet chilli rib.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The quarter pounders are half price (£1.10) in tesco. I nearly succumbed but just about held out..
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love the hot dogs, and could have eaten them all the time. Unfortunately I can not find them any more. All the supermarkets I go to don't even do Rustlers any more they do Feasters or something which don't taste the same.

I have found cheapo shops (by this I mean Bargain shops nothing derogatory) do some of the burgers but still can't find the Hot Dogs :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah i cant get their website to work properly but I do recall seeing a limited edition chicken curry burger and a sweet chilli rib.

Thanks for the info Dazza.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the supermarkets I go to don't even do Rustlers any more they do Feasters or something which don't taste the same.(

The Feasters burgers aren't as tasty as a Rustlers.

And they have normal tomato ketchup in sachets rather than the superb Rustlers special sauce.

Im getting hungry. :)
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried one about 6 months ago, and i really didn't enjoy it. I was desperate and couldnt afford a sarnie, so i bought a burger. I nuked it in the microwave as stated on the packet ... but it didn't actually taste of anything.

I love a pot noodle though :p
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love them as a student, but I can't say I've had one since. I used to put the bap into the toaster and heat the patty with the cheese on it in the microwave....was always great!
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love them as a student, but I can't say I've had one since. I used to put the bap into the toaster and heat the patty with the cheese on it in the microwave....was always great!

I used to do a similar thing, I would put the bun under the grill to toast instead though. It did make them better.
  • Jackboy18Jackboy18 Posts: 1,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the burgers but the meatball sub tastes awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toasting the bun would make them much better, wish i thought of that before!

I really like the BBQ rib one. If you can be bothered to shop around, they're usually on offer somewhere. I noticed the range has expanded so much recently.

I haven't tried any of the chicken, as i find it can get too rubbery in the microwave.
  • AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Rustlers burgers. They're great. However, I prefer to dig into a lovely portion of Iceland ready brand burgers. They're great as a cheap snack, or even a yummy dinner time. Can't get much better, really! I love them! People who look at them and think "eww they're gross!" don't know what they're missing out on. I love them. Yum. Yum. Yum. :)
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love the hot dogs, and could have eaten them all the time. Unfortunately I can not find them any more. All the supermarkets I go to don't even do Rustlers any more they do Feasters or something which don't taste the same.

I have found cheapo shops (by this I mean Bargain shops nothing derogatory) do some of the burgers but still can't find the Hot Dogs :(

Same here! Used to eat them all the time. I always look for them but only can seem to find quarter pounder and the chicken burger these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also just remembered I have a Rustlers in the fridge, so off to destroy it! yum
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BBQ rib;);););)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sifter22 wrote: »
    Same here! Used to eat them all the time. I always look for them but only can seem to find quarter pounder and the chicken burger these days

My local corner shop used to stock the Rustlers Hot Dogs,but at the moment all they have is the Quarter pounder's and the Chicken Sandwich.
    Occasionally they have the regular cheese burgers in stock.

Asda had the Hot Dog's in stock last time i went there-and it was there that i noticed the new Chicken curry sandwich (Which im going to try this weekend if they are still in stock)

Im having a Rustlers quarter pounder tonight for my tea,with a big side portion of string fellow fries.

Heavenly. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    BBQ rib;);););)

I haven't tried that one yet.

They seem quite rare.
  • AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    I haven't tried that one yet.

They seem quite rare.

our co-op has them on offer ATM, or did at the weekend anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Rustlers burgers. They're great. However, I prefer to dig into a lovely portion of Iceland ready brand burgers. They're great as a cheap snack, or even a yummy dinner time. Can't get much better, really! I love them! People who look at them and think "eww they're gross!" don't know what they're missing out on. I love them. Yum. Yum. Yum. :)

I implore you to stay out of the 'Iceland Chav Food' Thread as I know one or two folk that will think you mistreat your kids for comments such as that :D ** Read the thread if you don't understand***
  • AppleJuice:)AppleJuice:) Posts: 3,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I implore you to stay out of the 'Iceland Chav Food' Thread as I know one or two folk that will think you mistreat your kids for comments such as that :D ** Read the thread if you don't understand***

Ok

burgers are nice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My local corner shop used to stock the Rustlers Hot Dogs,but at the moment all they have is the Quarter pounder's and the Chicken Sandwich.
    Occasionally they have the regular cheese burgers in stock.

Asda had the Hot Dog's in stock last time i went there-and it was there that i noticed the new Chicken curry sandwich (Which im going to try this weekend if they are still in stock)

Im having a Rustlers quarter pounder tonight for my tea,with a big side portion of string fellow fries.

Heavenly. :D

I think ASDA was where I last got the Hot Dog ones too. Not been there for a while now cos it's all Tescos round here. Might have to go out my way for my beloved Hot Dogs though!