Emeli Sande - Clown - Official Video- Video of The Year!

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is a fantastic video, actually wonderful, what a brilliant story to the song, it is really touching, Emeli really is a class act. Just a pity she hadn't released this in America earlier because I believe she could have gained a best newcomer nomination at the grammy's. The Video of the year, in terms of visual and meaning. Simple, understated,stunning and meaningful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0OHX_PA25Ok#!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    It's really beautifully done, and I love her voice it's amazing, she reminds me of Beyonce just I don't love the song
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it is or why it is i just cannot buy into her i jsut find this video and song riddled with cliche and like much else she does drab and lacking in feeling like i know what she is saying but i don't quite believe it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a powerful video, didn't expect that kind of route for the song but it was really well done. I love Clown it always gets me teary-eyed!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Emeli until she was constantly shoved down our throat on any opportunity.
  • Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Emeli until she was constantly shoved down our throat on any opportunity.

What is so wrong with promoting people with real talent, I just don;t get people sometime. She is being shown alot of TV Because she has brilliant songs and is representing the UK extremely well. She is being talked about for all the right reasons!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is being talked about for all the right reasons!

Whilst there is still a lot of good things people talk about, the amount of over-exposure she had this year has definitely been picked up on by a lot of people, and not in a good way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    odie8391 wrote: »
    Whilst there is still a lot of good things people talk about, the amount of over-exposure she had this year has definitely been picked up on by a lot of people, and not in a good way.

Agreed im not a fan of her but i see she has genuine talent. But the amount of coverage and exposure is too much im entirely sick of her its like with Adele gone shes the new replacemetn and we never stop hearing how fantastic she is :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But Why is it a problem she is the upmost professional, sing's Live all of the time, and a great role model to young people. She is just releasing her music and performing it like every artist is. She didn;t get the biggest selling album in the UK this year for nothing. She wanted to be a singer to perform her songs to the masses, and for people to hear them. Nobody wants to become a singer and not get the chance to perform at these events. Emeli is doing nothing wrong, she is performing her music. And she has every right to. I think it is silly saying someone is getting to much exposure, I would agree if they were gettign attention due to heavy partying, drug taking etc, but Emeli is just doing a job she loves. It is a silly arguement IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Why is it a problem she is the upmost professional, sing's Live all of the time, and a great role model to young people. She is just releasing her music and performing it like every artist is. She didn;t get the biggest selling album in the UK this year for nothing. She wanted to be a singer to perform her songs to the masses, and for people to hear them. Nobody wants to become a singer and not get the chance to perform at these events. Emeli is doing nothing wrong, she is performing her music. And she has every right to. I think it is silly saying someone is getting to much exposure, I would agree if they were gettign attention due to heavy partying, drug taking etc, but Emeli is just doing a job she loves. It is a silly arguement IMO

Your missing the point its not a question of her talent or work ethic its a point of overkill there is such a thing as too much and she has had way too much and it gets to the point where it has a neagative impact and adverse effect. Personally for me i am sick of hearing about her i think she is vastly overrated and tired of her being shoved in my face and being told how fantastic she is :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Your missing the point its not a question of her talent or work ethic its a point of overkill there is such a thing as too much and she has had way too much and it gets to the point where it has a neagative impact and adverse effect. Personally for me i am sick of hearing about her i think she is vastly overrated and tired of her being shoved in my face and being told how fantastic she is :o

Well she not going anywhere, and maybe some artists could do with her PR Team and get that exposure. She isn't finished with this album yet either, wait for the Brit Award's, I suspect she will be up for 4 nominations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So you don't think having her on about 5 times during the closing ceremony of the Olympics, having her sing a different verse of the same song (which incidentally sounded like the same verse 5 times), was overkill? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you don't think having her on about 5 times during the closing ceremony of the Olympics, having her sing a different verse of the same song (which incidentally sounded like the same verse 5 times), was overkill? :confused:

Well I obviously enjoy her music, so therefore yes I did enjoy it. Give me Emeli singing any day rather than listening Paul McCartney singing Hey Jude :)
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel so sad..."Heaven" "Next To Me" and "Daddy" are excellent songs. But I've listened to her album and a lot of the songs, including this one are so dull! She's a good songwriter.. I do think she needs to mix things up a little bit though.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely video. Different. It makes you think

Does it matter if she has been a bit over exposed this year? There really is no pleasing some people. People moan when some singers do not get enough exposure but then moan when those who do get it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Does it matter if she has been a bit over exposed this year? There really is no pleasing some people. People moan when some singers do not get enough exposure but then moan when those who do get it.

Exactly! Thats the British public for u !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am 100% in agreement with you. A lot of the artists I've liked have severely been under-exposed this year and as a consequence this has been severely damaging to their album campaigns and all the fans and people I've talked to all agree that a primary cause of this underperformance is lack of exposure - Emeli is getting a colossal amount of exposure and it's rewarding her efforts, for once this year I'm happy to see an artist I'm a fan of get a successful campaign showcasing their talent, keep going Sande! :cool:
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clown is one of my favourites from Emeli, love the video, well deserved success that is all I can say.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow what a year it's been for Emeli Sande, and I think the release of 'Clown' is a great way to finish off the year in style.

Key Highlights of 2012

Winner of the Brit Awards - Critics Choice
    Debut #1 album
    Supporting Coldplay on Tour in the USA
    Performing at the London Olympic Opening & Closing Ceremonies
    Winner of Q Award - Best Solo Artist
    Winner of 3 MOBO Awards
    Biggest Selling Album of The Year
    Scoring #1 Single

PHEW!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Wow what a year it's been for Emeli Sande, and I think the release of 'Clown' is a great way to finish off the year in style.

Key Highlights of 2012

Winner of the Brit Awards - Critics Choice
    Debut #1 album
    Supporting Coldplay on Tour in the USA
    Performing at the London Olympic Opening & Closing Ceremonies
    Winner of Q Award - Best Solo Artist
    Winner of 3 MOBO Awards
    Biggest Selling Album of The Year
    Scoring #1 Single

PHEW!

Nobody can really compete with Sande and her talent at the moment, she is just a fantastic musician and artist a real find for British music. A future legend in music
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on X factor just a few weeks ago and she is appearing on it again tonight....I can totally understand why people feel she is overexposed.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody can really compete with Sande and her talent at the moment, she is just a fantastic musician and artist a real find for British music. A future legend in music

I wouldn't go that far personally

She is a great talent but to me she is British Version of Alicia Keys and while i am not enjoying Alicia's latest music, she is just a good stand in for the time being.

I don't rank her very high with her voice and music compared to Adele, Florence, Paloma, Rumer etc