Jealousy strikes and Dido criticises Rihanna

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
Dido said in an interview:
"Rihanna seems to release every week an album on the market. Incredible! When does she has time to write her songs?
I could never publish music that means nothing to me."

http://www.epochtimes.de/dido-laestert-ueber-rihanna-1062780.html

Someone is jealous :D

Comments

• Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A woman can something about another woman without being jealous. I don't get jealousy from her statement at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure how that makes her jealous. Everyone says the same thing because it's true.
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dido may not have the hit singles or the arena tours but with the amount of albums she has sold, of which because she actually writes them will have earned her far more than Rihanna earns from hers, what exactly is she supposed to be jealous off?
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Wow that's catty of her to say that. She probably just wants headlines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow that's catty of her to say that. She probably just wants headlines.

Shes saying the exact same thing everyone else says on a regular basis. Why is that catty of her? She didn't say her music sucks, or anything like that, she commented on rapid release of albums.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,909
    Forum Member
    That's not jealousy, it's the truth.

I'm no fan of Dido, either.
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Shes saying the exact same thing everyone else says on a regular basis. Why is that catty of her? She didn't say her music sucks, or anything like that, she commented on rapid release of albums.

She's quite obviously throwing shade just like 'everyone does' just because 'everyone' does it, doesn't mean she's not being catty :rolleyes:.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is saying what she feels and what is true and what most people agree with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dido tweeted this:
    Dido ‏@didoofficial

It’s so disappointing when the odd journalist still tries to pit female artists against each other. I love @rihanna. x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frank5 wrote: »
    Dido tweeted this:

haha looks like rihanna fans bombarded her twitter with insults :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's quite obviously throwing shade just like 'everyone does' just because 'everyone' does it, doesn't mean she's not being catty :rolleyes:.

But she didn't throw shade. Of any kind. She never said it was bad that Rihanna doesn't write her music or anything like that.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of sounding really old... "throwing shade"? :o
  • Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »
    "Rihanna seems to release every week an album on the market. Incredible! When does she has time to write her songs?

...she doesn't.

Neither did many of the greatest artists of our time.

In any case, Dido is entitled to her opinion and it is a fair comment. However, my main concern is whether her music, irritating and dreary, is to be foisted upon us again.

Once was enough.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member

True though!:D
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it jealousy when a women says something that is not a glowing review of another female but when a man says something about another man, people are quick to say its the truth and they're entitled to their opinion.:rolleyes:
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or Chris Brown did...:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's not something to be proud/happy about really. Says something about her pathetic fanbase.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    That's not jealousy, it's the truth.

I'm no fan of Dido, either.

Agreed 100%
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Dido were to be jealous of anyone then it would surely be Adele who has pretty much taken over her market
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes,

Dido a woman who has 2 of the biggest selling albums of all time in her back catalogue and has written near enough every song on them, is jealous of Rihanna - a woman who has basically shown her fans that it is OK for a lover to hit you... as long as you love them, who advertises drug use and is slowly screwing herself up?...:rolleyes::sleep:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't a patch on Janet vs. Madonna though....Janet's comments about Erotica were something else. Dido isn't really saying anything new here.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has Dido got to be jealous about? Rhianna? Lol I don't think so. Dido takes her time in making an album and she writes her own songs. She does not churn her music out like on a conveyor belt like rhianna. And Dido does not have to prance about half naked either unlike rhianna who sells her music through with sexy images if that's what you can call it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? Because she is another female singer? All women are jealous of each other?

Rihanna releases a lot of material. Not a lot of it she wrote and therefore has no real attachment to. A lot of it are simplistic words set to a nursery rhyme tune.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose it is just an opinion.
  • ***KEL******KEL*** Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wise-up wrote: »
    Why is it jealousy when a women says something that is not a glowing review of another female but when a man says something about another man, people are quick to say its the truth and they're entitled to their opinion.:rolleyes:

Totally agree .... Men can say another blokes a **** but a girl speaks something thats not a glowing reference bout another girl and we are jealous .....