Amazon Pre-Order

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 811
Forum Member
✭✭
Do you get the game on it's release date?

Comments

• Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, when its on first class
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find shopto the most reliable, I tend to get my game tge day before release most of the time.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you get the game on it's release date?

Only if you choose first class. You probably won't get the game until the following Monday or Tuesday otherwise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the online retailers appear to have stopped delivering stuff early, think maybe they have had their hands smacked.

HMV and sainsburys online are 2 that always use to get pre-orders to you at least a couple of days early but as of the last few months they appear to have stopped doing it. HMV stuff always use to come Friday or Saturday, now it arrives on the Monday. Amazon are pretty useless with pre-orders, even using first class dont ensure your get it as have found out on mor than one occasion, they blame the royal mail but if you kick up a stink they always refund the postage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure if it's only with Monday releases, but surprisingly Play.com appear to have stepped up their game recently in terms of pre-orders. In the past month i've received both The Raid and Prometheus Blu Rays (both steelbooks) two days early, receiving them on the Saturday as they come out officially on the following Monday. A few months ago Play.com would have delivered them a few days late, maybe they've realised that their slow service caused a drop off in orders (the packaging was also very good too, sturdy cardboard box with the steelbook blu ray wrapped in a protective foam sheet as opposed to the plastic bag that they used to use).

As far as game pre-orders go though, i've never had a problem with Amazon, they've always delivered the games i pre-order with them on release day when dispatched with First Class (sometimes they don't even post it until the day before, but it still turns up the next morning). I've been using Amazon pretty much exclusively for pre-orders over the past year or so.

Apparently ShopTo still deliver things early from what i gather from other posters on this forum and elsewhere. I've never used them myself, but i hear nothing but good things.
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Order hundreds of games from amazon - and not once have they failed to get it to me on release day.
  • ToytownAssassinToytownAssassin Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    It also depends on how good/bad your local post is. Here it takes them 2-3 days for 1st class and 3-9 days for 2nd.