Brutal Legend

cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I missed it, but Brutal Legend is being released on PC at the end of the week.

You can get it from Steam now, and play it multi-player in a beta style environment.

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible game.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, it wasn't that bad but I never completed it, to be honest. Got it Xmas 2009, I think. Hammered it for a week or so and then went on to something else... forgotten what, though...
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put HOURS into it yet never completed it either. The fights were lasting forever, for no good reason. I dunno why the game thinks taking 15 minutes to kill two basic henchmen is a good idea.
  • Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a game for airheads, fans of jack black, etc etc.

Complete bag of crap and Tim is little more than a one trick pony if you ask me, way overrated.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a metal fan and it's worth playing through for that. Enjoyed all the cameos and the creation of a heavy-metal universe.

The gameplay is fundamentally flawed though, as it simply had a demo that relied on false advertising. I thought I was buying a hack n' slash; not some awful RTS.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started it last night. I'm impressed so far but the controls are a little loose and I can't seem to work out how to tune them. So sensitive that I end up running all over the place when I don't want too. Also the solo minigame lags, making it almost impossible to do.

Both issues are on the Steam forums, so am hoping they get patched.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarrely enough, I noticed the PC release a couple of days ago so traded a couple of my old 360 games for this in CEX today - it was only £4 quid so not too bad.

Played it a little bit so far and I don't mind it at the moment. I like Jack Black as well so that probably helps.

It'll keep me occupied until I can afford Tomb Raider I suppose.