[GAME] The Voice Factor: Live Show 5

SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Starting this 10 minutes early, cause I have something important to mention.

Last time on The Voice Factor, we lifted off into space and the Top 10 acts all gave us an explanation about it. Whilst some were able to discover new worlds of praise, others came crashing down to earth. But for one act, it was time to say goodbye as Natalia Sikora left the competition. Tonight, it's Crime Doesn't Pay and we're sure for in one heck of a battle. Fighting for your votes are 4 policeman and your 9 suspects:

Vister & The last of the Boys
Connor Scott

Jackel1234 & The Girls
Caroline Glaser
Celia Pavey
Mary N’Diaye
Caithlin Mogatedi James

Pingu58011 & The Male Overs
Karl Michael
Todd Kessler

The Un-mentored Female Overs
Jacqueline
Nadja (Begins 26:00)

*BREAKING NEWS*

I have been told that due to university commitments, Barry is unable to continue and has had to resign from the panel. :(
Whilst this is unfortunate, it does mean that we need a new judge to take his place.
So if you have any experience or free time to mentor the Female Overs, please inbox me from now until the results.

So with that out of the way, good evening to where your Saturday starts right here. *Spins around*
Let's hope we have a worthy jury tonight, judges, confirm your presence!

Comments

• jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Here and ready
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pingu isn't here tonight but I have his comments ready. No idea where Vister is, though...

First up is the girls and she's picking oranges (that doesn't sound bad :p;)), it's Celia Pavey!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRuR0IleXCQ
    Note: Picking Oranges is considered a felony and is one of the most common crimes for people in the countryside (yes I know this from living in the countryside and helping at my police station every now and again :p)
    Forum Member
    Celia Pavey

Well with pretty much all of your performances so far being down beat I felt that it was definitely time to give you a lovely upbeat performance but something that would also stick to you playing and instrument and those lovely higher vocals. This performance was just absolutely brilliant for you and really allowed you to show that happy side to you rather than the more emotional down beat side that we’ve been doing with you throughout the competition. You just gave an absolutely stellar performance Celia and again you just keep knocking it out of the park each week and I honestly can say that you’re a just a joy to choose songs for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celia
    Celia that was just heaven. Your vocals were so beautiful, and I laughed at the relation to the theme :p It was a brilliant choice, and Jack is doing a great job with you. A great start to the show, and I don`t care that you haven`t done an upbeat performance. Ella Henderson never did, and neither should you. I just love you doing this. Great job!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we begin with pretty impressive praise for Celia but only your votes can match that.

First of the male overs and he's a Roving Jewell (whatever that is), it's Todd Kessler!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0INSxBPwNEM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todd
    *Standing Ovation*

Todd I changed your song because the one I picked was awful, so we had a change midweek. You were great on that stage, and the song suited your voice so well. It had the higher notes that you are best at as well as the lower notes. You have done something different every week, and you have shown so much versatility. I really hope the public vote for you again because you deserve to be here next week!!!!
    Forum Member
    Todd Kessler

Again Todd this to me was another just okay performance although I have to give some of that to the theme as it was a difficult theme but at the same time I do want to see a fantastic performance from you soon. I mean right now you’re kind of just middle of the road, not to good but not too bad either. You just need a song which is extremely suited to you and you’ll be up there with people who’re challenging for the winning title. So overall okay performance, the vocals weren’t the best but again you’ll probably be here next week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I have WiFi where I am :D but please can you post my comments Steve as I am on my kindle!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sure Pingu, I'll carry on as normal. :)

So it's good comments overall, but will Todd indeed be safe?

Back to the girls and she's god fearing (God knows what that is), it's Caroline Glaser!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhCUBAK0Lg
    Note: The song is about Sarah's parents stealing her right to choose her own religion which is said through the lyrics "The one thing I love you take away".
    Forum Member
    Caroline Glaser

And as usual Caroline you’ve given a smashing performance that is quirky , emotional and of course just perfect for you. I really wanted you to not get a song which was just focused on your guitar and piano skills so I gave you this one which allows you to really show off your vocal ability and of course the way you can really connect with a song. Caroline you keep giving amazing performances each week no matter what you do and all I can say is that you deserve to still be here and I hope to continually see you here week in and week out! Smashing Caroline!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline
    Caroline I just really enjoyed your performance yet again. Your quirky voice is something I just love, and the vocals suited you really well. You gave a great performance, and again you haven`t let anyone down. I can see you heading straight to that final if you carry on like this Caz. Really happy with that!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great comments for Caroline once more, but comments alone won't be enough to guarantee her safety.

First of the female overs and she's in a chain of fools, it's Nadja!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWSflGgiuk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadja
    Nadja I really wish Barry had sent in a song for you. I thought that yeah that suited you quite well, but as predictable for you as it gets. I just really think Barry has let you down, and even though the vocals were good, you are in trouble!!! :(
    Forum Member
    Nadja

Similar to what happened with Natalia last week, you had one great week and are now having a pretty terrible week. This was way to smooth for you vocally and sounded like something you’d expect to hear at a karaoke bar more than anything. The fact though that your mentor kind of abandoned you doesn’t help either though so that’s lovely isn’t it? Either way Nadja this is your worst performance so far and I cannot see you avoiding the bottom 2 tonight after that performance as it was just so not good. Either way best of luck to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch! A massive drop for Nadja after her last performance, is she in big trouble?

Next is the last of the boys and he's hearing sounds of the underground (business as usual in London, then?), it's Connor Scott!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZwCKcAU0sg
    Reference to crime:
    1) the sound of the underground (title) is an implication of growing weed underground in a sellar
    2) "Neighbours banging on the bathroom wall" - making noise after 7 o'clock is a criminal offence/possible fine or community service charge if noise is disturbing
    3)"Summit funnies goin' on inside my mind" - guilty conscience of committing the crime of growing weed.
    4)"Chain reaction running through my veins
    Pumps the bass line up into my brain
    Screws my mind until I lose control" the effects of having weed can do to ones body
    5)"It's the static from the floor below
    Then its drops and catches like a fire" - the static from the lights used to grow the weed, they they catch I'm fire which is arson..which again is against the law!

Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Connor
    Connor your mentor picked your song, and I think it was worse than Nadja. Firstly, the video quality was really bad, and secondly the person sounded nothing like you and the song didn`t suit you. I feel really bad in saying this but you have had too many second chances, and I really can`t see you avoiding the bottom 2 this week!!!
    Forum Member
    Conor Scott

Today I learned that sound of the underground by girls aloud is actually about growing weed.... I am dying right now reading all of your mentors reasons why this song is acceptable, seriously the day that most of those link to a crime is the day I die from laughter! Anyway Conor I honestly don’t know what I can say as this was just abysmal at best. No edge to the vocals, no vocal suitability, no stylistic suitability and most of all the link to crime was a long shot, and I am talking trying to hit a dartboard from a mile away type of long shot here. Overall Conor this is your worst performance to date and I honestly don’t know what else I can say as it was just, not good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Y-OUCH! Once again Connor gets a spicy reception, but the public have been behind him despite this, could do they do it yet again?

Back to the girls and she has a winter solstice, it's Caithlin Mogatedi James!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f-OyCktpxs
    Note: Death and killing are main points throughout the song. Also she sings about a death being on the news and when a death is on the news it usually means murder which Cold Specks confirmed in an interview.
    Forum Member
    Caithlin Mogatedi James

Well this was your original sing off song but I thought that this would be a much better choice to use this time in this theme. The song has some serious dark connotations with the theme of death being a constant thing throughout the song including the idea of a murder taking place in the song and the singer asking their children to kill for her. Caithlin it was sensational and absolutely amazing and you never fail to disappoint me after any of your performances and I think that you just keep giving amazing performance after amazing performance and so far are just doing an amazing job in this competition. Bravo on another sensational performance Caithlin!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caithlin
    *Standing Ovation*

Caithlin again I thought you were amazing. A standing ovation from me again. That suited you so well, and you have grown on me so much over the weeks. That suited you and your voice to a tea, and I have started to love your voice. I want your album. Really amazing, and there is no way on earth that you will be leaving this week!!!
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I'm dying at the moment - Jack's comments are all so blunt that they're hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing praise and a standing ovation from Pingu, are we perhaps looking at a finalist in Caithlin?

Last of the Male Overs and he's keeping himself out of the dark, it's Karl Michael!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGdX4NUAYI
    Note: Criminals dress in dark clothes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl
    *Standing Ovation*

Karl, my amazing boy. Again, you just gave the song your all. You had that haunting soul emotion and you had the whole audience loving the performance. Karl you have come back stronger and stronger every week, and I really hope the other judges and the audience loved that performance and you as much as I do. I really think you deserve to be here next week because that suited you to a tea. Please vote for Karl!!!
    Forum Member
    I'm dying at the moment - Jack's comments are all so blunt that they're hilarious.

the joys of being sleep deprived :p
    Forum Member
    Karl Michael

Again Karl this was a pretty good performance you’re definitely the best left in your cato in terms of song choices throughout the series so far. That being said I am still waiting (as I have said last week) for a moment like in your first sing off performance. You’re still giving performances and that is something I can’t argue with at all but I really want to see a moment like when you were singing in the sing off again. Either way Karl this again was another good performance you should sail through to next week so good job Karl. Also Pingu please don't ask people to vote as that bugs me :p