Rupauls Drag Race

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
Forum Member
How many fans in the UK are out there? I have been a fan since day 1. Not always agreed on the winner but its a great show.

The series hasn't been shown here since season 2 buts its all available on Netflix.

Any other fans out there? What do others think?

Comments

• Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I live for this show. Watching season 6 at the moment
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bianca Del Rio for the win!
  • Ben_HuntBen_Hunt Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    They need for this show to be aired in the UK! I can't believe that no one has thought of doing it given that it's such a cult hit outside America.
  • Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kirbyreed wrote: »
    Bianca Del Rio for the win!

1000000000% yes

Best queen they've ever had
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love me some drag race.

Loving Bianca and Bendelacreme so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    1000000000% yes

Best queen they've ever had

I like Bianca, but no.

My favourite Queens are Ben De La Creme, Joslyn, and Bianca.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Joslyn was ace in the Snatch Game - "Cumin" hahahhaa

I thought Courtney Act would be better but so far she's been a bit meh - but I have a feeling she'll be bring it round soon

I was rooting for Adore, but she was crap to begin with but she's getting more recognition now. Bianca is hilarious but I was getting bored of the "Bitchy comment, pout and roll eyes at camera" routine.

Ben DeLa Creme is also very good, but I think he's a little samey... Darianne Lake needs to go home.

Laganja and Trinity are both meh for me

I loved Milk but he didn't excel - HE WAS SO HOT OUT OF DRAG
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Speaking of Courtney, was I the only one that thought Willam was back? :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    My thoughts going into the series were that Courtney would be my favourite. However, the first few episodes I found her a bit dull, and verging on being dislikable and a bit arrogant. But she is slowly growing on me, and quite consistent on the challenges despite the lack of much airtime. At the moment I like her and think she's talented and is STUNNING.

Adore, blergh... At first anyway. Growing on me, but not sure I'll come around to fully liking her. A bit grating, however I do enjoy her being in the competition for now. She does add something.

Joslyn... Brilliant underdog. Nice queen but funny and a bit underrated.

Bianca is funny and I do love her, but she can overdo it at times which can turn me off.

Ben De La Creme, a bit similar to Jinkx maybe, but hugely talented at performing. She OWNED that musical challenge, not to mention the Snatch game.

Don't like Laganja at all. Trinity I like her, visually strong but lacking in all other areas, specifically performance skills.

Despite not usually being into her very much I actually liked Milk's final runway look that got her sent home.:(

EDIT: Oh yeah, Darienne... Loved her the first few weeks. Going off her now. Hope she goes soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    It's all about Bianca Del Rio and Ben De La Creme for me!

Also.. We're having a UK version very soon! :Dhttp://www.tvguide.co.uk/story/1/45887/jonathan-ross-making-british-version-of-rupauls-drag-race#.Uz7gndwmT6w
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught the latest episode, so I'm going to let off some steam. :D

Thank god
    Laganja
    is gone. I couldn't take any more of her.

I love the dynamic now between Bianca and Trinity. I'm slowly warming to Adore. I think these three may be the finalists. Bianca to win!!!
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Where can I watch this in the UK (sorry way behind the times)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where can I watch this in the UK (sorry way behind the times)

I've sent you a link. :)
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    Thanks lightdragon !!
    Forum Member
    Courtney isn't coming across very well at all.

Bianca has it in the bag although Joslyn is a dark horse.

I liked Laganja, the untucked episode on Monday was really tough to watch as they all ganged up on her imo.

If any of you have Netflix they have all 5 seasons on there.
    Forum Member
    JJBounce wrote: »
    It's all about Bianca Del Rio and Ben De La Creme for me!

Also.. We're having a UK version very soon! :Dhttp://www.tvguide.co.uk/story/1/45887/jonathan-ross-making-british-version-of-rupauls-drag-race#.Uz7gndwmT6w

If it doesn't have Rupaul & Michelle Visage on it i won't be watching
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Waiting on my Netflix pin code so I can start watching this :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Courtney isn't coming across very well at all.

Bianca has it in the bag although Joslyn is a dark horse.

I liked Laganja, the untucked episode on Monday was really tough to watch as they all ganged up on her imo.

If any of you have Netflix they have all 5 seasons on there.

BALONEY! (Sorry I couldn't resist). :D

I think Laganja brought a lot of it on herself. I agree there was no need for everyone to pick up on her affectations because it was obvious that she was going to be in the bottom two. But I couldn't take anymore of her split personality. O'Kaaay!!! However she will always have a place in my heart for bumping out Gia (please for the love of a deity, fix your left eyelash) Gunn. :D
  • cctpscctps Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Top 3 is not Joslyn, Adore and Bianca I may cut a bitch. Just putting it out there.
    Forum Member
    BALONEY! (Sorry I couldn't resist). :D

I think Laganja brought a lot of it on herself. I agree there was no need for everyone to pick up on her affectations because it was obvious that she was going to be in the bottom two. But I couldn't take anymore of her split personality. O'Kaaay!!! However she will always have a place in my heart for bumping out Gia (please for the love of a deity, fix your left eyelash) Gunn. :D

Fair point.

Darienne is getting on my last nerve now.

Milk is an effing legend for that dance in the hip hop challenge
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair point.

Darienne is getting on my last nerve now.

Milk is an effing legend for that dance in the hip hop challenge

I don't know what it is about Darienne, she reminds me of a previous queen but I can't for the life of me remember who (and no, not Mimi Imfurst) :D

I'm hoping Milk wins the Miss Congeniality, and as you say the flailing loony dance was inspired. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno whether Joslyn or Milk will win Miss Congeniality.

I bloody loved that dance Milk did in the Rap challenge - I have recreated it many times

My prediction now is in order of elimination

Joslyn
    Trinity
    Darienne (Is it Delta Work who she reminds you of?)
    Ben De La Creme

Top 3

Adore Delano
    Courtney Act

With Bianca Winning
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »

It's kind of annoying, i don't think it's looks or size based, more her attitude. Like she has a problem with the "pageant girls" because they rely on their looks, and a problem with the "funny queens" because they are funnier than her. I think it might be Roxxxy she reminds me of, but not so openly hostile in the workroom.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »
    I dunno whether Joslyn or Milk will win Miss Congeniality.

I bloody loved that dance Milk did in the Rap challenge - I have recreated it many times

My prediction now is in order of elimination

Joslyn
    Trinity
    Ben De La Creme

Top 3

Adore Delano
    Courtney Act

With Bianca Winning

I think Joslyn might last a bit longer, and Darienne will go a bit sooner.

Can't see past Bianca as the winner though, she shits on all the others from a great height.
    Forum Member
    They are not allowed say "ooooh gurl you got she mail" anymore. The trans community got offended so logo pulled the episode "shade - the rusical" from their website because of the she male challenge.