Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• rammsteinqueenrammsteinqueen Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lem01uk wrote: »
    I've met quite a few celebrities and fortunately they have all been lovely:

Bruce Dickinson - did his Flight 666 simulator trip. Really down to earth and a complete gentleman.
    America Ferrera - absolutely lovely, and very, very tiny.
    John Barrowman - really lovely and took time to sign autographs and pose for photos.
    Adam Garcia - really lovely.
    Peter Egan and Robert Daws - met them after a play, were really fun.
    Darius Campbell - a really nice person.
    David Suchet - just like Poirot, an absolute gentleman.
    Marshall Lancaster - very quiet, but lovely.
    Dame Judi Dench - sooo patient with everyone, again so tiny in real life.
    The whole cast of Mrs Brown - met them at BBC Scotland after a show recording. They are so brilliant and posed with everyone for photos, plenty of kisses and cuddles. They are so down to earth.
    Nick Knowles - very down to earth, hates stuck up "stars".

As I say I have been very lucky, a friend however has met a few "horrors".

Michael Crawford - lovely when he was doing Barnum, since then has got a very up himself.
    Lesley Joseph - nightmare.
    Cliff Richard - awful.

Oh god you lucky thing! Bruce Dickinson is fantastic I would so love to meet him. In fact all of the Iron Maiden lot seem such a nice bunch and not up themselves like a lot of people with £££ tend to be...

Lesley Joseph. She was getting some theatre tickets in the kiosk next to me a few years ago now and speaking so loud as she obviously wanted everyone to hear/notice her .. :rolleyes:
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice people I have met:

Tom Hardy- I was pleasantly surprised. I am a big fan of his but I expected some sort of bad attutide (knowing my luck, a lot of people I like on screen seem to be not so nice), but he was possibly the nicest and most polite person I have been around. Yes, I haven't personally met him, but I was around 5m away from him. Very, very nice to the fans.

Ant and Dec- I went to the recording of Red or Black 3 months ago. I expected them to be divas, How wrong was I! Hilarious and exactly how they come across, just 2 awesome people.

David Attenborough- Such a cool guy. Nuff said.

A friend has met David Beckham. Oh God, she wouldn't shut up. She said how he was the kindest and most humble person she has ever met. Made me a little jealous as a lot of people have said that. I find him very likeable, and I'm glad he is how he comes across in person.

Split personality:

Nadia who won Big Brother 5. I live in the same town as her. She used to work with my cousin pre BB. When she won, I met her. Lovely person she was. Then after her stint on Ultimate BB after her breakdown, everytime I have seen her, she has been quite rude to those around her.

Meh:

Brian Dowling- I expected more from him during a BB eviction I went to. More interaction or something, but it just wasn't there.

My friend met Elton John once and said he was such an arse :p
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the good fortune to meet Miriam Margolyes last month after she did her show, Dickens' Women, in Edinburgh. She was on stage solo for 90 minutes but came straight out into the foyer to chat with fans. I was very starstruck at meeting her but she was absolutely lovely, signed my copy of the Dickens' Women book and said she loved playing in Edinburgh. I've admired her for years so it was great to meet her and find she is such a nice person. :D
  • lectorlector Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't really say how I met him but Trevor Peacock ( Jim Trott in vicar of Dibley) is the friendliest nicest man you could ever wish to meet. He has a thousand and one stories and happily rattles them off. His wife (Tilly) is equally nice and an accomplished actress who is a regular at the National.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I had the good fortune to meet Miriam Margolyes last month after she did her show, Dickens' Women, in Edinburgh. She was on stage solo for 90 minutes but came straight out into the foyer to chat with fans. I was very starstruck at meeting her but she was absolutely lovely, signed my copy of the Dickens' Women book and said she loved playing in Edinburgh. I've admired her for years so it was great to meet her and find she is such a nice person. :D

:) can well believe that, always thought she was great but after seeing her on Graham Norton with Will I Am, I thought she was amazing, so so funny:D
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lector wrote: »
    Can't really say how I met him but Trevor Peacock ( Jim Trott in vicar of Dibley) is the friendliest nicest man you could ever wish to meet. He has a thousand and one stories and happily rattles them off. His wife (Tilly) is equally nice and an accomplished actress who is a regular at the National.

I love him and that's good to know..no-no-no-no-know :p:)
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww I do love Ant and Dec - always been so lovely when I've met them in the past.

Kevin Spacey - what a challenge he was!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member

Really pleased to know she's still being fab :) I met her a couple of years ago in the Crucible Theatre foyer and she was brilliant. I was in a long queue at the box office trying to get tickets for the Christmas show that she was in and the computers had gone down. As we were waiting to get hand written tickets she came out to chat to us. Very witty, full of fun and made sure the older people had chairs to sit on while they waited.
  • the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cstar2229 wrote: »
    I'm not surprised about John Cleese - he walked past me in a hotel gym and he didn't make eye contact - definite FO body language/aura

I'm sorry but this really made me laugh.

I walk past people all the time and don't make eye contact. Especially when people are strangers :rolleyes:
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annie P wrote: »
    Really pleased to know she's still being fab :) I met her a couple of years ago in the Crucible Theatre foyer and she was brilliant. I was in a long queue at the box office trying to get tickets for the Christmas show that she was in and the computers had gone down. As we were waiting to get hand written tickets she came out to chat to us. Very witty, full of fun and made sure the older people had chairs to sit on while they waited.

Lovely lady.
    Although I've never met her she is great in interviews and comes over so well.:)
  • Misty08Misty08 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »

I walk past people all the time and don't make eye contact. Especially when people are strangers :rolleyes:
    My thoughts exactly.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »

Lol, I love you.

Again.
  • dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Jason Donovan press agent forward[ed] a ridiculously long list to our production team regarding questions they weren't allowed to ask...
    Please tell more!
    ...he also rang ahead to cancel a meet and greet with some of his "superfans" (most of whom had been waiting at the station for a very long time)
    With no reason given?
    Came into the studio in giant sunglasses and a hat. Didn't smile or talk to anyone until he went on air when, surprise surprise, he became Mr Personality.
    Bizarre behaviour on his part.
    Forum Member
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    I also met Joey Barton as he was getting on the team coach after a match. Even though they'd lost, he got out and signed autographs when the fans (of the team who beat them!) called his name. He had a photo taken with my son, so I'm a fan now - despite the reputation!
    You and your son sought him out out of choice?!
    Forum Member
    SourCherry wrote:
    Me either. He reminds me of someone I used to sh@g. He was an awful individual too.
    katmobile wrote: »
    It begs the question of why you'd do it with someone you disliked so much really!
    Just what I was thinking!
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't know why this is giving so many people so much trouble! It is assumable that intercourse antedated antipathy, obviously and elementarily.
    Forum Member
    I'm always dubious about people claiming to have met rude celebrities when the celebs are off duty. I think I'd be pretty p**sed off if I was on downtime and someone came up to me expecting me to be "on".
    I've never been to V Festival but apparently those with access to the Virgin Media Lounger Lounge are advised in their information pack to not hassle the celebs, for this very reason.
  • SealegSealeg Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I met Louis Walsh at Dublin airport a few years ago and he was great, all the little kids (and their parents!)wanted a picture and he had time for them all, even though his PA looked a bit pissed off!
  • CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone met Miranda Hart? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Already answered...
    SourCherry wrote: »
    Despite him being an idiot, he was pretty good in the sack :cool:

This also...
    I don't know why this is giving so many people so much trouble! It is assumable that intercourse antedated antipathy, obviously and elementarily.
  • kenny12kenny12 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice:

Simon Fuller - Always polite, well mannered and always remembers 'insignificant' people's names when he really doesn't need to.

Simon Cowell - polite, charming and engaging.

Emma Bunton - always 'on', chatty, smiley and great with fans.

Carrie Underwood - Sweet and polite but... a bit dull. Only encountered her once, though. Probably jet lagged.

Geri Halliwell - mad as a box of frogs but on a 'good day' she is an amazing person to be around. Infectious, inspiring, charming, smart, if she 'likes' the look/aura/vibe of you - she will remember your name and greet you like a long lost best friend every time she see's you. Dirty laugh that is very infectious!

David Beckham - Even more stunning in real life, very polite, unassuming, down-to-earth. Bit dull for me, but always seems like a great chap.

Victoria Beckham - won't hear a bad word against Vicky B. FABULOUS at all times - very petite and pretty in person. Quite smiley (though she often hides her mouth or looks around for cameras if she giggles). VERY professional and business savvy - if you're working for her and not doing your job properly she has no problem telling you, not much gets past her in terms of business or money but always plays fair. Here come the oft' said ones - witty, funny, dry sense of humor and self deprecating. Classics. But true.

Lewis Hamilton - Not met the chap but watched him sign what must have been well over 40 autographs and have his picture taken almost each time with a smile on his face after saying to a colleague that he was in a rush to meet his step-mum! awwww.

Jennifer Saunders: Sometimes shy but very kind, generous and naturally hilarious.

Not so nice:

Geri Halliwell: Not pleasant to be around on a bad day. The stories I could tell! Has been quite rude even to fans who have waited for hours to meet her on occasions - but usually feels bad afterwards. All in all a very compassionate person, heart is in the right place but temperament up and down like a ping pong ball.

Judy Craymer: Very elusive, borderline rude. Not sure if she is self concious of has one hell of a superiority complex.

Andy Murray: Not impressed with Andy either time I encountered him. Uninterested in anyone but himself, balshy and 'allegedly' watched him say "for f*cks sake", in my opinion, in the face of a PA over some minor miscommunication over his preferred beverage.

Mel B: Demanding, rude, loud, unreasonable, obnoxious, money-grabbing harridan.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone met Miranda Hart? :)
    No, I keep on waiting for her to come out.
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Gary Lightbody from Snow Patrol is an absolutely lovely bloke. Very chatty and friendly in my shop a few weeks ago where he bought a couple of T shirts.
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greg James was DJing at the Syndicate in Bristol for a fresher event for my Uni (UWE). Fairly often whilst he was DJing, he waved and smiled & sometimes said hi to people. He put on a decent show and was so into some of the songs (dancing whilst DJing) :P

I was standing with my friend just behind where Greg was DJing, Greg turned round to that point, I waved and smiled and he waved&smiled and nodded back at me! :) It kind of felt like it was a normal guy doing it, but some famous lol. Was well chuffed when he did that lol, even if it isn't exactly a chat or a photo/autograph which I doubt he could of done anyway lol. Seemed a really down to earth guy!
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Kathy Griffin once when she did her stand up over here last year. I won meet and greet tickets with my ex bf. She was wonderful. She is so lovely and funny and catty. she signed anything and everything we threw at her (not literally) and she decided to sign our "home made" t-shirts my ex made. She wrote "SUCK IT!" Love Kathy Griffin on them. She gave hugs and kisses and really surprised me. Being a fan I know she can be a bit B.I.T.C.H.Y but I know she loves her gays too. She also does a lot of charity work.