‘Katie Price demeans marriage more than gay marriage ever could’

wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
Forum Member
✭✭
“On Good Friday the topless model Jordan, aka Katie Price, married again. It is the third or fourth time she has married. This time she has married a part-time stripper who she apparently knew for six weeks before they got engaged.

“It is slightly tricky counting Ms Price’s marriages because each one includes a lot of mini-‘marriages’ – restating of vows, re-marrying, doing it again for the cameras and so on.”

Murray concludes his point by saying: “If the people who object to civil gay marriage really are concerned about the undermining of the sanctity of marriage would they not be better exercised by railing against Willy Wonka themed weddings of celebrities cashing in on magazine deals for the umpteenth time?

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/04/03/spectator-columnist-katie-price-demeans-marriage-more-than-gay-marriage-ever-could/

Good point?

Comments

• Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She demeans any type of marriage, gay or straight.

She even demeaned the civil partnership of her own gay friends.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2009/08/11/jordan-ruins-civil-partnership-with-foul-mouthed-rant/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good point, though I don't think you can just single out Katie Price, look at Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, the fact I can get married by Elvis in Vegas, the incredibly high level of divorce these days, I could go on
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Very good point

I can't recall the Archbishop of Canterbury losing sleep over such behaviour, but I suppose straight people can behave in any way in the eyes of the Church as the institution regards them as "normal". :(
  • Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course she does (as do others who float from marriage to marriage).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A good point, though I don't think you can just single out Katie Price, look at Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears, the fact I can get married by Elvis in Vegas, the incredibly high level of divorce these days, I could go on

I know what you mean, but with Katie Price one gets the impression that marriage offers media exposure and the more marriages the more exposure.
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    wallster wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but with Katie Price one gets the impression that marriage offers media exposure and the more marriages the more exposure.

KP wants a wedding not a marriage - thats the top and bottom of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    KP wants a wedding not a marriage - thats the top and bottom of it.

So why does the Church not condemn it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could say the same about Kim Kardashian. Though its a very sad state of affairs that someone can get married purely for exposure and cash while another, who is in a loving and solid relationship, cannot purely because they are the same sex. I've never understood why people wanting to get married is demeaning the concept of it. Without getting too political I find the arguments against same sex marriage incredibly petty.
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps because she has civil ceremonies
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good point it seems more of a money making/attention seeking stunt with Katie Price.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lot of things demean marriage more than multiple marriages, gay marriages, celebrity renewing vows - like domestic violence, controlling behaviour with marriage, infidelity etc.

Rather a pointless point to be pro gay marriage by singling out someone with dual abandonment/attention seeking issues I feel :confused:
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,619
    Forum Member
    sidsgirl wrote: »

The current proposals for gay couples are to do with civil ceremonies too but that hasn't stopped any of the Churches from sticking their noses in there has it?

As for the article, I understand his point about the hypocrisy of the anti-gay marriage brigade and agree with him but he does seem to be saying that straight people have already ruined marriage, the gays can't make it much worse so why not let them do it too. There is a suggestion in the article that allowing gay people to marry will demean the institution which is not something I agree with.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the C of E has bigger fish to fry condemning Cameron's government benefit cuts to the poorest and neediest rather than having a go at a plastic duck lipped ex glamma model who regards marriage as a joke.
  • marjanglesmarjangles Posts: 9,619
    Forum Member
    I think the C of E has bigger fish to fry condemning Cameron's government benefit cuts to the poorest and neediest rather than having a go at a plastic duck lipped ex glamma model who regards marriage as a joke.

Yet they find plenty of time to criticise government proposals to allow gay couples to marry despite the fact that they won't be affected by them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marjangles wrote: »
    Yet they find plenty of time to criticise government proposals to allow gay couples to marry despite the fact that they won't be affected by them.

Give it time.

They'll have no alternative in the future but to go along with the idea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lot of things demean marriage more than multiple marriages, gay marriages, celebrity renewing vows - like domestic violence, controlling behaviour with marriage, infidelity etc.

Rather a pointless point to be pro gay marriage by singling out someone with dual abandonment/attention seeking issues I feel :confused:

Very good point I agree. I think it's wrong to promote gay marriage by saying straights have ruined it, why not focus on the positives of your own group rather then the negatives of another? Though I can see why they are angry
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Murray concludes his point by saying: “If the people who object to civil gay marriage really are concerned about the undermining of the sanctity of marriage would they not be better exercised by railing against Willy Wonka themed weddings of celebrities cashing in on magazine deals for the umpteenth time?

Good point?

It's kind of a moot argument. Those objecting to civil gay marriage are objecting to it on completely different grounds to those which the likes of KP make a mockery of. Their problem is not with the sanctity of marriage per se, it's with the same-sex aspect, with imo bigotry at its core. If it was just the so-called 'sanctity of marriage' they were concerned with, then they'd be up in arms over the KPs of this world. Since they're not, it shows them up to be hypocritical, to say the very least. No surprises there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »

It is still marriage - the kind of marriage the Church says gay people shouldn't be permitted to have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So if that's the case, why does the Church spend so much time opposing gay marriage :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is still marriage - the kind of marriage the Church says gay people shouldn't be permitted to have.

I always though calling it a civil partnership was a bit of a cop out, either given them marriage or don't.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come, come now ladies and gents the lady just likes weddings and dressing up in a pretty frock, how is that demeaning? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Katie Price is a joke in every way. I want to cry at the thought of any women or young girls looking up to her in any way.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Sky wrote: »
    Katie Price is a joke in every way. I want to cry at the thought of any women or young girls looking up to her in any way.

If you're shorter than 5 ft 5 you have to look up to her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Sky wrote: »

She had lots of money and is very famous. Sadly young girls are growing up in a culture where we are told this is all that matters :(