LG Nexus 4 officially announced

Comments

• barker71barker71 Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow - really wanted to get a lumia after watching the Windows phone webcast earlier but the price of this is seriously making me think otherwise!
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Shock waves in Cupertino :eek:

I actually meant screen size though once you have used bigger nothing else will feel the same.

lol we will see, It does seem where things are going, as long as I dont have a Samsung Galaxy Note any time soon, although I do like the look of the HTC J Butterfly :eek:
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Gormond wrote: »
    It also seems kinda pointless to compare a device that costs £239 with one at £529.... It even seems silly just typing those numbers!

Yeah but the reality is they do compare although all logic says at those prices something must be wrong.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    lol we will see, It does seem where things are going, as long as I dont have an HTC Note any time soon, although I do like the look of the HTC J Butterfly :eek:

Note eh! this time next year del boy, you will be queueing up for the note 3 at 5.8 inches :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Yeah but the reality is they do compare although all logic says at those prices something must be wrong.

Considering it costs $200 to make an iPhone, the Nexus 4 must be comparable so Google must be making very little per unit.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since I've seen this I've been looking at my iPhone like it's a piece of shit :D

It's a shame they aren't selling it in white, I like white phones.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Its an odd day on digital spy if gormond might be swayed :p

Just persuaded my kids that the nexus 4 should be their Christmas update over their planned s3's....

1) should save me a few quid
    2) I get to play with 2 new nexuses :)
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Android 4.2: an exclusive first look from inside Google HQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=66-4uMQqerA

15 mins long.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Android might not have the biggest AppStore, but its very mature now. Where as WindowsPhone just doesn't have the AppStore yet, but hopefully will do in a year or too. Then we'll have 3 OS' in the phone market which will be good for everyone, just for the competition.

Ah, poor BlackBerry, forgotten again ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Ah, poor BlackBerry, forgotten again ;):D

Dont forget Symbian! :D
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bada FTW ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see a Swype-style keyboard included, I love Swype, it is so much quicker and accurate to type with.
  • wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No expandable SD slot though..... big mistake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No expandable SD slot though..... big mistake.

Yeah no SD slot or removable battery for the crowd that like that stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nexus 4, Nexus 10, Android 4.2: an exclusive first look from inside Google HQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=66-4uMQqerA

15 mins long.

Thanks for that, watching it now, I really like the sound of new features of jelly bean, gesture typing looks neat.
  • Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Yeah no SD slot or removable battery for the crowd that like that stuff.

SD slot id like. Removable battery is meh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »

SD slot seems like the deal breaker for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stuart_h wrote: »

Yeah I can understand why people like these things but personally i'm not fussed.

The inductive charging looks neat, this is how all these things should charge IMO.
  • vinnyutd6899vinnyutd6899 Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    anyone with a HTC one X considering moving to this phone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont forget Symbian! :D

LOL, ah yes. Poor Symbian. I had a Symbian S60 N95 five years ago, and a few years before that I had a Symbian UIQ SE P900. Ugh... Smartphone OSs have come a long, long way since those...
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Bada FTW ;)

I don't even know what that is! First thing that came to mind was The Sopranos and bada bing :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SD slot seems like the deal breaker for me.

I'm curious,what is it you use SD cards for in phones?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I can understand why people like these things but personally i'm not fussed.

The inductive charging looks neat, this is how all these things should charge IMO.

I would love to have inductive charging on everything. I hate cables. 100% wireless would be awesome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't even know what that is! First thing that came to mind was The Sopranos and bada bing :D

lol I know it's an OS Samsung make but my knowledge on the subject stops there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to have inductive charging on everything. I hate cables. 100% wireless would be awesome.

Me too I have chargers all over the house for laptops, phones, ebook readers, tablets, game consoles, mp3 players, bluetooth headsets...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious,what is it you use SD cards for in phones?

The reason i will use it for is as a memory stick thats always on my person. So i can carry any data to/from work and home.

Steam installs are massive now a days :D.