Ant & Dec Prefer Booze

occyoccy Posts: 64,627
Forum Member
✭✭
Ant and Dec admitted they have taken drugs, but prefer booze.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/ant-dec-admit-trying-drugs-1725857

There's no reason why they need to tell all, but they have. No harm done.

Comments

• lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Depends on the booze for me and what I'm wearing. Lots of pints means lots of trips to the lav, can't be doing with it sometimes, girls know what I mean.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

New series of one of their shows starting soon, usual stuff, publicity etc...I thought they didn't need the publicity like most.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching the dross they present is enough to turn anyone to booze & drugs!!
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the full interview. http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/feb/23/ant-and-dec-interview

I was happy to read that the writer says

'I meet Ant and Dec on several occasions over several months, in production meetings, on film sets and photoshoots, and they are the only famous people I have ever known to be exactly – exactly – the same as their public persona.'

because whilst watching them on tv have often wondered whether they can really be as nice (in my opinion) in real life as they come across on screen.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the full interview. http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2013/feb/23/ant-and-dec-interview

I was happy to read that the writer says

'I meet Ant and Dec on several occasions over several months, in production meetings, on film sets and photoshoots, and they are the only famous people I have ever known to be exactly – exactly – the same as their public persona.'

because whilst watching them on tv have often wondered whether they can really be as nice (in my opinion) in real life as they come across on screen.

Really nice interview, thanks for link. :) I don't like everything they've done but I do really like them and that they've remained so un-showbizzy and true to themselves. And I do believe that what you see on screen is very much what you get with them, and it's down to the very real and solid and enduring friendship they have.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Morrisons ads are just greedy though, they have enough exposure on TV and are millionaires already I'm sure. Just goes to show you can never earn enough....
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    The Morrisons ads are just greedy though, they have enough exposure on TV and are millionaires already I'm sure. Just goes to show you can never earn enough....

I think that's a little fishy. :rolleyes:
  • Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good typical Geordies. Booze is a better vice than drugs anyday. As for the Morrisons ads, why shouldn't they do them?
    Morrisons is the sponcer of SNT.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching the dross they present is enough to turn anyone to booze & drugs!!

You are 100% correct .:D
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Bearing in mind that they generally present 'family friendly' prime time type shows, it would be pretty stupid for them to say they've tried both and preferred drugs!
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wonder if there will be a Morrisons range of I'm a celebrity bush tucker, to complete the link. Unless they already sell animals nads disguised as something.
    Hello everyone, its my first post after being a lurker. Beware.
  • speedy_gonzalesspeedy_gonzales Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i suppose this confession has nothing to do with them wanting to get some publicity because they a tv show on.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i suppose this confession has nothing to do with them wanting to get some publicity because they a tv show on.

Most shows look to publicity such as inteviews with its stars to make sure the viewing public know they're returning. It has been that way for decades. I'm not sure why it should come as a susprise to anyone, nor why they should be singled out.

(There's an interview with Ted Danson in the Metro this morning for instance. Why? because CSI is back on C5 tonight). :)
  • Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicotine is a drug Ant and boy does he love it!