unusual name for pets

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
probably been done before. But anyway..

I had a cat called Mogwai.
My sister had a mouse called Basil Fotherington Thomas.

Comments

• MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our oldest dog is called Trish (after Trish Stratus for any WWE fans!).

I had a pair of Malay millipedes called Sid and Nancy lol

One of the dogs that came through rescue was called Colin bless him :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Our oldest dog is called Trish (after Trish Stratus for any WWE fans!).

I had a pair of Mal

ay millipedes called Sid and Nancy lol

One of the dogs that came through rescue was called Colin bless him :D

Colin. :D
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a house rabbit called Murray. He was named after my favourite Bristol City player at the time - Scott Murray :D

One of my cats now is called Dave, best name for a cat ever.

I had two hamsters once called Posh and Becks :D

Then another called Lewis Hamilton.

All of these are true I swear! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dollymarie wrote: »
    I had a house rabbit called Murray. He was named after my favourite Bristol City player at the time - Scott Murray :D

One of my cats now is called Dave, best name for a cat ever.

I had two hamsters once called Posh and Becks :D

Then another called Lewis Hamilton.

All of these are true I swear! :)

Dave the cat. :D

I had a cat called Dweezil, but Dave is better.
  • Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a cat called Ludo, i always got a few strange looks when people heard his name...and now ive got a cat called Pea :D
  • Carlos_dfcCarlos_dfc Posts: 8,262
    Forum Member
    As a kid, we had a dog named 'George', and a few years ago, my mother had a cat, called 'Mouse'.
    Now I have a Staff-x-Labrador dog named 'Stig'
    http://oi37.tinypic.com/orpkx2.jpg
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we had a couple of rabbits called George and Reef ( after the drink) , my mum has a huge beast of a tabby cat called Harry , I just have a cockateil called zippy
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a dear little cat about 25 years ago - my first. I got her as a kitten - farmyard moggie pedigree. I wanted to avoid all the obvious names - Smokie, Blackie, etc. So I named her Herpes. :cool:

The vet eventually got used to summoning us from the waiting room by her name.

There was the time I had to return a cat cushion I bought mailorder which was screenprinted with her name. I'd - obviously - requested it be printed HERPES.

The helpful though deluded printer tried to prevent us making a dreadful mistake and therefore added an unnecessary and redundant apostrophe long before they became fashionable:

Herpe's.

:D
  • sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    One of my cats is Weeble - she's deaf and uncoordinated so we named her after the jingle 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down' :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0OQBdIhsc

One of my other cats is called Wiffy - when we got her she had terrible diarrhoea and my son wanted to call her 'Stinky' but I thought that was a bit cruel! It used to be spelt with an 'h' but she is the least smelly cat in the world now, so I changed it..

The third cat has a nice long pedigree name but is simply known as 'Big' because she is!

The last one is, quite boringly, called Mini because she's small (imaginative eh?)
  • GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dog is called Brochan. It is Scottish Gaelic for porridge. Both my sisters and I have Scottish names, so my Mum and I decided to keep a Scottish theme within the family. He is as soft as porridge 99% of the time, but not when it comes to the postie and some other dogs. Here's a pic of him:

Brochan. :D
  • SalbatesSalbates Posts: 2,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have three cats. The eldest is Midnight, who is unsurprisingly black all over.

The middle one is Schroedinger (deliberately spelled wrong) Bronte. When we thought that Schroe was a boy, he was Scroedinger Branwell, however it turned out that our kitten named after Dr Schrodinger, was a girl, so Dr Schroedinger became Princess Schroedinger, though i'm not sure her namesake would have been too impressed with this. :D

Our youngest is a ginger tom, he's Mandu Walowitz :)

(We're quite geeky in our house lol)
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    When I was a kid one of the neighbours' cats was called Mr Smith (or Jones or something) which I thought was pretty funny at the time (well I was only little :o )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    i got a friend that lives in the USA and shes got a pot belled pig called wait for it ..... beacon :eek::cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My first cat was called Ninestein after a character from Terrahawks. I have also named a cat Newt after the little girl in Aliens and another Smeagol. My dog is called Loopy. She was called that by the rescue she was from and she totally lives up to her name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our two dogs are called Buddy and Pippa.

I'm not sure if they are unusual enough :o

We did have a cat though called Claudy.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Girl I used to work with took in a stray cat, she nicknamed her Temporary Cat, as they weren't planning on keeping her. However they fell in love with her, decided to adopt her, and when they moved house months later, they kept her, had her vaccinated and microchipped.

The name on her chip registration is "Temporary cat" :D
  • BlackmantaBlackmanta Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Cat called Zit (couldn't call him Spot - that's a dog's name)
    Cat called Fleabag (the vet in Surrey had her name down as Flea-Bagge)
    Cat called Motormouth (used to sit on my head and purr all night)
    Cat called Jethro (huge crash in the cupboard and he just looked at us with that 'Well, what 'appened waas' look)
    Cat called Smiffy (cos Smiffy's alway got fleas according to the Bash Street Kids)
    Huge white guinea pig called Otis (after Otis Redding)
  • bigtunesbigtunes Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother named his cat Seaman, after the Arsenal keeper. Changed it to Harry (David Seamans nickname for the uninitiated) after our Mum got some very funny looks at the vets.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My two at home are Bookend and Gizmo.

The two who have adopted us at the office ( and mainly the hotel ) are Nimrod and Sashi ( which is short forSashimi)
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My yorkie is called Cabbage
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    My Stafford is called Verbal, yet to find another called that! (After Verbal Kint from the usual suspects, there were too many Keyzers about)
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of our cats is called The crown prince Raj-Pipla...we were watching a show on tv at the time we got him,about 3 princes looking for love..one was called...yes thats the name...we call him Mr Pip most of the time.:D