Alex Cross (2012)

Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've done a search & there appears to be no thread for the latest Alex Cross film.

Has anybody on here seen it?

I saw a few trailers for it & it looked OK, but it's not been well received by the critics, but I am planning to see it so that I can decide whether I like it or not.

Here's hoping that it's worth the money!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    It just seems wrong to me that Morgan Freeman isn't playing Cross. I haven't seen it but would love to know if others think it's any good
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it yesterday, didn't expect much as it's been slated by most reviews and has a very low rating on IMDB.

To be honest, it wasn't that bad but it wasn't very good either. It's a 5/10 thriller thats been all seen before, if I was going to compare it with another film i'd probably say it was similar in standard to '16 rounds' plenty of potential but there was no character development.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As Scooterwolf said, it isn't bad, but it is nothing special either.

Matthew Fox is good as the villian, but it all feels a little too sterile.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was okay in terms of having all the required parts for a film of its nature; action & suspense. But it really did have a great oppurtunity to explore the characters, especially Micheal Fox's, who was very flawed but not much was given as to how and why he was so driven. I also thought Tyler Perry wasn't conving enough for the part of a dective, that does what's neccessary to get the job done.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it yesterday as well. It was just "ok", but I personally thought Matthew Fox made a terrific villain. He was just the right amount of crazy for me.
  • FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    With Guilty Wives behind me and having read all of the Murder club and Zoo on order I am yet to pick up any Alex Cross. The film hasn't had good reviews I may just see it anyway.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I concur with most of the reviews here.

It's a fairly entertaining if unremarkable film.

I thought Matthew Fox was great & carried the film well & it was great to see Jean Reno as always.

It seemed to me that the film was made with one eye on a sequel, which I would welcome, because more meat on the bone is needed.

6/10 from me; decent film, but it's probably better waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray to come out IMO.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Went to see this last week with a group of friends on the recomendation of one of them who said the film looked fantastic from what she'd seen in the trailer.

I didn't think I'd see another film as bad as Taken 2 this year, I was correct. Alex Cross is even worse. Completely predictable from one scene to the next with absolutely no surprises whatsoever.

Abysmal.