Games to play before getting a PS4

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
Forum Member
Hey guys, Looking for the "best games" to play on on the ps3. To give some explanation I am looking to get a ps4 but feel it would be silly to buy it soon without playing all the games I should on the ps3.

I have had my ps3 for about a year, and my favourites by far are the uncharted series (my favourite type of game, action/plat forming etc)

Other games I have played are batman arkham asylum, tomb raider. I also like sports games.

I am interested in games that have just come up but also ones which are slightly older so they will be more affordable.

One final thing, I am yet to get a platinum on my profile, so any good games with fairly easy platinums would be awesome. I don't want to playing poor games just for a platinum though. Thanks

Comments

• Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's some I would recommend:

THE LAST OF US (Absolute must buy. Plus you said you liked the Uncharted series, this is from the same developer, Naughty Dog ;))
    Batman Arkham City (Not sure if you've played it based on the OP, saying you'd only played Arkham Asylum)
    Gran Turismo 5/6
    Infamous 1 and 2
    Heavy Rain (Fairly easy platinum)
    Bioshock Infinite
    Anything by Rockstar (GTA, Red Dead, LA Noire), L.A Noire is a fairly easy platinum.
    The Mass Effect Series
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The God Of War Series
    Journey

That's a relatively short list but I enjoyed each of them a lot. Check out some reviews for them and see what you think :).
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Here's some I would recommend:

THE LAST OF US
    (Absolute must buy. Plus you said you liked the Uncharted series, this is from the same developer, Naughty Dog ;))
    Batman Arkham City (Not sure if you've played it based on the OP, saying you'd only played Arkham Asylum)
    Gran Turismo 5/6
    Infamous 1 and 2
    Heavy Rain (Fairly easy platinum)
    Bioshock Infinite
    Anything by Rockstar (GTA, Red Dead, LA Noire), L.A Noire is a fairly easy platinum.
    The Mass Effect Series
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The God Of War Series
    Journey

That's a relatively short list but I enjoyed each of them a lot. Check out some reviews for them and see what you think :).

This is a pretty spot on list, The last of Us is a must, I lent it to my brother and i'm having withdrawls lol.

I'd also add Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood.

As an alternative choice, I always recommend Valkyria Chronicles, it's a strategy JRPG, very challenging and a lot of fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    I'd also add Assassins Creed 2/Brotherhood.

Yes I'd agree on that. I thought of AC while typing out that list but my mind immediately sprang to how average AC3 was. 2 and Brotherhood were enjoyable though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    The 3 Uncharteds are easy to platinum as is Infamous.

Other games depends on what you like.

Get PS+ Farcry 3 is fun.

If you like shooters get the Killzone and Resistance trilogies, KZ HD easy platinum KZ2 is nearly impossible!. Resistance 3 is platinumable without too much pain.

The Ratchet & Clank games are good especially tools of destruction and crack in time.

If you like Bioshock games get the first 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Saboteur is cheap as chips and is a straightforward platinum.

I'd add Farcry 3 and Tomb Raider to that list too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys, looks like I will be playing my ps3 for a fair few months. Keep them coming
    Forum Member
    Enslaved Oddisey to the West
    Motorstorm
    Modnation Racers
    Little Big Planet
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enslaved Oddisey to the West
    Motorstorm
    Modnation Racers
    Little Big Planet

Somebody else who likes Enslaved! I think we are rare, it's a pity it didn't sell well enough to get a sequel, great story and voice acting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another few that I forgot last night:

The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
    Portal 2
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Last Of Us
    Beyond Two Souls
    Tomb Raider (if it goes on Instant Game Collection)
    Dragon's Dogma (downloaded off IGC but I haven't had the chance to start it)

Currently playing:
    FF-XIII-2
    Assassin's Creed 3
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Somebody else who likes Enslaved! I think we are rare, it's a pity it didn't sell well enough to get a sequel, great story and voice acting.

A good game for what it was, no idea why it was a flop.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Terminator Salvation
    Lost

2 easy rubbish games but strangely good in a bad way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to say Journey is brilliant! I didn't think i'd like it as it isn't really my cup of tea but I saw it win all these awards and recognition so thought i'd try it out and its amazing! I highly recommend it. Visuals, soundtrack, storyline... It has everything. I got really invested in it. Especially when with another player, even though you don't know who it is, you still look out for them and vice versa. I rarely replay games but i've done this about 5 times. No plat but easy to get trophies and takes roughly 2-3 hours to complete, but its weird as time flies when you're having fun but it seems more than a few hours (but in a good way).

Red Dead Redemption, Little Big Planet, Tomb Raider, The Last of Us too.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I would also add the Fallout games and Elder Scrolls games to the list above.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Dead Redemption is the one I wouldn't want to have missed. Didn't get into it at all for the first hour or two but stuck with it thanks to friends' recommendations, very glad that I did because it really sucks you in. Choked me up a couple of times.

Fallout 3 I lost a large portion of my life to, certainly the game that had the biggest "oh no it's 4am what happened" factor.