My friend who was at the Manchester Final on Saturday

4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
Forum Member
She told me that the Crowd were booing Christopher Maloney so much that someone working in the arena had to tell the Audience to stop booing for him and to cheer for him when his name was called.

Comments

• LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a little bit hard to tell the people of Manchester to stop booing someone who generates a lot of negative feeling, especially when that person is from Liverpool. Thats why I think the booing was as bad as it was.
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    She told me that the Crowd were booing Christopher Maloney so much that someone working in the arena had to tell the Audience to stop booing for him and to cheer for him when his name was called.

No wonder they wouldn't,t let him back in on Sunday

If it was the usual security for the gmex / men ,

They are not the easiest people to get on with , ( done exhibitions in there )
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder they had so many problems with the audio on Saturday, they had to adjust the levels to remove all the booing! You could still hear some muted rumble in the background when they introduced Christopher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »

It was the compare , he had to do it every week in london too.
    Even Gary Barlow had a word 1 week with the audience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Manchester Liverpool rivalry. Could understand why they'd ask them to stop the booing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think they would have booed Rebecca Ferguson as she was from Liverpool too? Doubt it.
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an absolute disgrace but well done Simon Cowell, he got what he wanted!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    Do you think they would have booed Rebecca Ferguson as she was from Liverpool too? Doubt it.

Noo. !!!!! they would ...........blow kisses
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Aren't people allowed to express their opinions on X Factor :confused: Booing takes place in other entertainment venues and reality TV.

There certainly seems something wrong with trying to hide it but maybe doing so goes some way to assuage those that think Chris was being bullied by production etc.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not surprised tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't agree with booing no matter who it is to be honest, thats just me :o

Edited to add.....With the exception of politicians :p
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Aren't people allowed to express their opinions on X Factor :confused: Booing takes place in other entertainment venues and reality TV.

There certainly seems something wrong with trying to hide it but maybe doing so goes some way to assuage those that think Chris was being bullied by production etc.

X Factor have actively discouraged the booing of contestants for years. Nothing new :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    Don't agree with booing no matter who it is to be honest, thats just me :o

Edited to add.....With the exception of politicians and [highlight] Baloney [/highlight]p

:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    X Factor have actively discouraged the booing of contestants for years. Nothing new :)

:eek:
    That's a bit like icelandic seal clubbers actively discouraging the kicking of dead seals. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    It's quite sad really. I'm no Christopher fan but I hate the way he's been treated. I mean nothing was Christopher's fault. It was not his fault that he got the votes, but according to some of the comments you would think he was personally responsible for other people being voted off.

Okay..(IMO) he has a good voice but no 'star quality' ...again though.. 'not his fault'. All he did was 'audition for the X Factor' , and, since we live in a free country everyone including your granny has a right to do this. Not his fault that the judges chose to tell him how great he was and put him through to judges houses:confused:. Did you expect him to turn this down and say he didn't want to go through? Tell me one person who has done this.:rolleyes:

You also might say that he's not the best looking guy in the world either and lacks confidence and stage presence. In other words he's just too 'ordinary' looking and not that a great singer, therefore he should never have gone the distance he did on X Factor. The guy had no control over this however and did go the distance...through no fault of his own.

To blame him for getting to the semi finals is really a form of bullying for something he had no control over and is in fact quite an achievement. It's really really nasty to treat someone like this when all he's done is audition for XFactor and been praised by the judges who told him how great he was ...(great enough to be put through to judges houses then selected for 'the peoples vote)... none of this was his fault. (He didn't know that they were lying to him about his 'talent' and really had him selected for 'cannon fodder'.

Being kept in by the public was also outside his control. And when the judges realised that this 'person' whom they considered cannon fodder was actually being 'kept in by the public' they began a campaign of demeaning him as if he had forced his way into the contest and his presence in the line up was 'nothing to do with them'. And the contestants seem to follow the judges' lead and blame him for Ella's departure,as if it was Chris's fault that not enough people voted for her. Then the press started on him and ripped him apart. It's absolutely disgusting because the guy's done nothing wrong. No wonder the guy has lost it a few times being treated like he's been treated. :(
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's wrong. I've never understood why people do it and I feel uncomfortable seeing contestants being subjected to it.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    It's wrong. I've never understood why people do it and I feel uncomfortable seeing contestants being subjected to it.

Personally I find it rude and would never do it but it does seem the norm nowadays in these kind of shows and X Factor clearly enjoys it's heroes and baddies so surprised they try to mask the booing.
  • spinnersuespinnersue Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    It's quite sad really. I'm no Christopher fan but I hate the way he's been treated. I mean nothing was Christopher's fault. It was not his fault that he got the votes, but according to some of the comments you would think he was personally responsible for other people being voted off.

Okay..(IMO) he has a good voice but no 'star quality' ...again though.. 'not his fault'. All he did was 'audition for the X Factor' , and, since we live in a free country everyone including your granny has a right to do this. Not his fault that the judges chose to tell him how great he was and put him through to judges houses:confused:. Did you expect him to turn this down and say he didn't want to go through? Tell me one person who has done this.:rolleyes:

You also might say that he's not the best looking guy in the world either and lacks confidence and stage presence. In other words he's just too 'ordinary' looking and not that a great singer, therefore he should never have gone the distance he did on X Factor. The guy had no control over this however and did go the distance...through no fault of his own.

To blame him for getting to the semi finals is really a form of bullying for something he had no control over and is in fact quite an achievement. It's really really nasty to treat someone like this when all he's done is audition for XFactor and been praised by the judges who told him how great he was ...(great enough to be put through to judges houses then selected for 'the peoples vote)... none of this was his fault. (He didn't know that they were lying to him about his 'talent' and really had him selected for 'cannon fodder'.

Being kept in by the public was also outside his control. And when the judges realised that this 'person' whom they considered cannon fodder was actually being 'kept in by the public' they began a campaign of demeaning him as if he had forced his way into the contest and his presence in the line up was 'nothing to do with them'. And the contestants seem to follow the judges' lead and blame him for Ella's departure,as if it was Chris's fault that not enough people voted for her. Then the press started on him and ripped him apart. It's absolutely disgusting because the guy's done nothing wrong. No wonder the guy has lost it a few times being treated like he's been treated. :(

Hear hear
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Goldie did...:p
  • Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Popsmartz wrote: »
    :eek:
    That's a bit like icelandic seal clubbers actively discouraging the kicking of dead seals. :eek:

I'm icelandic and I can assure you there are no seal clubbers here :D;)
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

No of course not Jack, but then if Rebecca had been in the final two she WOULD have turned up, regardless of having a sore throat or not :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Assuming a lot in those crowds were from Manchester I'm not so sure the reason behind the crowd booing would have been entirely based on Christopher's singing.
    I don't originally come from Manchester or Liverpool but I live inbetween them and I can tell you that there is no love lost betweeen those two cities at the best of times.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's an exceedingly good post.

To go out on stage every week knowing that most of the audience are baying for your blood is absolutely the worst thing that can happen to any performer. It's incredibly difficult to sing/act etc under those conditions. I give credit to the guy for being able to hold his own every week with that sort of reception.

Those responsible for the booing (and undoubtedly it was only a few and then others followed suit like they do in 'mob' situations) should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. It's rude, it's cruel and it says much more about those responsible for it than it does about the target of their villification. Much like on DS.

I wasn't a fan of Christopher. In fact, one of my three favourites won (I was so amazed and very, very pleased). The other finished second and the third went out a couple of weeks before. However, I would never have dreamed of behaving so badly to someone whose only crime was to apply for a show that everyone is free to perform on and be chosen to go through to Judge's Houses, then get chosen by the viewing public to carry on.

Irrespective of what the man is like in real life (and all we hear are rumours and anecdotal evidence from those with an axe to grind and I'm not giving them much credence), he doesn't deserve any of this. He's not the devil incarnate that some are trying to portray him. He's a human being with feelings and emotions.

I think the people in the venues, the gutter press, XF PR machine and some DS posters should put themselves in his shoes for a moment and see how they would like to go through what he has endured from all sides over the last few weeks. I know they wouldn't like it.
  • kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Being kept in by the public was also outside his control. And when the judges realised that this 'person' whom they considered cannon fodder was actually being trying'kept in by the public' they began a campaign of demeaning him as if he had forced his way into the contest and his presence in the line up was 'nothing to do with them'. And the contestants seem to follow the judges' lead and blame him for Ella's departure,as if it was Chris's fault that not enough people voted for her. Then the press started on him and ripped him apart. It's absolutely disgusting because the guy's done nothing wrong. No wonder the guy has lost it a few times being treated like he's been treated. :(

Agree with everything you say. I see some of the other contestants are campaigning on twitter to have him replaced by kye. They should be ashamed of themselves. What happened at the weekend did not involve any of them.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I find it rude and would never do it but it does seem the norm nowadays in these kind of shows and X Factor clearly enjoys it's heroes and baddies so surprised they try to mask the booing.

Because they know the audience at home would be appalled by it and the knock-on effect of that would be complaints from viewers and sympathy votes for Chris.