The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EJ if you GD was wearing fawn./ Khaki then she may be a venture scout, the Rangers wear turquoise and sky blue.

Red Kneckers are usually worn by all taking part in a gang show- its the offical gang show colour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for that Georgi.
    I could have asked them I suppose but they were excited and didnt have much time for talking. I only commented on the number of badges on youngests shirt and eldest one pointed out that her sister had a queens guide badge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate snow, hate it hate it hate it!

I've bought a wedding ring though and finalising flowers next week

Hope you're all ok
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I hope you've bought two wedding rings hiu! I'm a great believer in the man wearing one as well.

Rain, rain and yet more rain this morning again. It's hard to believe that only a few years ago we were told we would have to ration water as all the rivers and lakes were drying up. I've decided that long range weather reports are complete rubbish.

HRH has decided that a bit of rain :eek: isn't going to stop her going out so I now have muddy footprints throughout the house and over all the papers that were on the dining table. I'm going to have to try and explain them to people when I send forms back.:p

Tour finished last night and I was pleased to see that Austin won more shows than anyone else. It was very close though which is right as Mark was equally good. It's just that (to me anyway) it makes up for Austin being knocked out of Strictly too early when he should have at least got to the Final (IMO).

Now we have the Pros tour to look forward to.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather have the rain FT than the snow we have got. I am supposed to be going to the optician to do a free trial of contact lenses. will not be going unless the snow turns rapidly to rain.

I am more concerned with Tuesday as 12 oclock in Beckenham is the earliest I can manage on a good day. The snow is supposed to move away and turn to rain and the sleet is supposed to arrive in London area later. I dont have much faith in the met office forecasts though.
    Forum Member
    Pah! Just been to Slimming World (didn't make it last week as I had to work) and I've put on two pounds. Only to be expected really as I've been comfort eating as I've been upset over my brother so I'll have to stop eating hot cross buns and go back to healthy eating again.:(

Hopefully the snow should have gone by tomorrow EJ, I think you should be okay to get to Beckenham.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The snow has started to go already. It is now sloppy and wet so hope it doesnt freeze overnight. The trouble is with this weather it gets us every way as we live on a hill.

It was snowing/raining when I went out with Flossy. She didnt mind it really and she is getting a bit better at accepting the headcollar.

The weather doesnt seem to have affected the trains today so as long as it doesnt get any worse then the trains should be ok tomorrow. Need to be on the ball though as the time schedule is tight to get to Beckenham for 11.30 so I can get to Park Langley by 12. I have the taxi office telephone number so will ring them as soon as get on the train from Victoria and book the taxi.
    Forum Member
    Hope you get there safely. Just spent the afternoon with a friend who had a bad fall yesterday and has injured her hip and is now trying to manage on crutches! She can't really be left on her own as she can't get up and down the stairs without help. Fortunately her sister has come to the rescue but needed to go and get some things this afternoon so she asked if I would come and babysit!!:D At least she hasn't broken it but just pulled all the ligaments and tendons.

I don't know what is wrong with this year. So far it's just one thing after another.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torn ligaments can take longer to heal than a fracture. anything up to a year or more. I tore the ligaments in my leg when I fractured my ankle a couple of years ago and it was a long time until I could manage without support for the ligaments, long after the fracture had healed.

Didnt go to the opticians today for my contact lense free trial. The weather was awful this morning so I called and cancelled it for now. I could have gone I guess as later I noticed that the snow had melted and turned to slush on the road. When I took Flossy out it was still sleeting but the main roads were clear.
    Forum Member
    Don't know where everyone else has disappeared to.:confused: Is anyone out there???

Grey and overcast today but not raining or snowing thank goodness.

I see it's all kicking off about Ali and Brian winning the final show at Newcastle due to multiple voting from their fanatical fans. They really must be fanatical as I simply couldn't afford to spend that sort of money voting for anyone. I voted for Austin once when I went to the Wembley show!:D

At least on the Pro Tour there won't be any arguments about voting as it's going to be a show rather than a competition!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im here FT still trying to deal with multiple stresses including now trying to change the benefit Im on. Got confirmation letter today about coming off JSA now got to await decision on new benefit called Employment Support Allowance. Still desperately flat hunting and awaiting results from hospital. Nothing like a quiet life eh lol.
    How is your Brother?

EJ hope your class goes ok and you get there ok and back safe too.

Anyone seen CD? She doesnt seem to have been around for ages. Come back CD we miss you.
    Forum Member
    Still waiting for my results too Star. I've finally managed to get an appointment for March 3rd.

Don;t know where CD has got to. I hope she's okay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Star and FT.

I got to Beckenham and back safely.

It is snowing here again now, I really hate the snow.
    John is teaching in Italy next week so it doesnt matter from that point of view if I have to go back on Friday next week for any results. He has changed my lesson to Saturday. Not got the time of lesson yet but will have it before he goes to Italy.

eldest son just written on my facebook wall. He has safely got moved into his new house. It looks lovely and stands in 4 acres of garden..Sounds like a lot of mowing of grass. He has also acquired a dog a maremma/pyrenean cross she is called Dolce and is really cute. He moved from Kamloops to a place called Sorrento. I am so glad that he has got what he and his family want out of life in Canada.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ring i bought was for H2b he bought mine weather he's going to wear it all the time I have no idea he'd better but he's not sure:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all, whats left of us that is. where is everyone else?

Just had an email from John, lesson will have to be Sunday next week as he has found he doesnt get back from Italy until Saturday. It is ok, have checked and Northern Line is running ok on that day. His email was timed at 0.34 this morning, he does put in the hours .!!!

Loved doing the foxtrot again this week and sort of remembered the new steps. The worst bit is going to be the reverse wave, still trying to get the timing right as well as the right sequence of heel and toe. After I have got it then will have to fit the shaping into it. The jive is great and getting better every week. The chacha and the rumba are ok except for the spiral which follows the natural top which is my achilles heel.

I got the feeling I was being treated a bit more gently this week, possibly because of the hospital visit coming up. There is an 80% chance of it being a false alarm so I am hoping for that.
    Forum Member
    We are the select few lol. Not much happening here today. Plenty of work to do and I need to go shopping this afternoon. I've finally managed to get a doctor's appointment for next Tuesday to get my results. It all takes so long!

Still waiting for the tickets to actually go on sale for Brendan's tour. I'm glad to see you are going to be able to get to the Professionals Tour EJ.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FT I am indeed going to the pro tour with VL.
    I am hoping to go to the Brendan show as well as it is at the Royal and Dearngate in N orthampton only problem is getting someone to go with and getting home afterwards.

As you have to wait so long for a doctors appointment is it not possible that the surgery will let you speak to the doctor and get the results that way?
    Forum Member
    Tried that - he's not there at the moment and won't be back until next week! So I just have to wait and see.

Only a couple more files to process then I can go out shopping!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm here, but i should be working! Not much longer, but i'm so tired, its exhausting doing the day job on top of course work and getting cases, but its been a 10 days compared to 2 weeks ago!

I must remember to put the same energy into my dancing from 7th april !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still here (I think) can't go to Brendan's tour this time - I'm not talking to him now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. We have a nice day today, so far. We are promised heavy rain but right now the sun is shining and I guess it is quite mild after the kind of weather we have been having.

I will be missing my usual dance lesson tomorrow, even though I have had a lesson this week my Friday lesson is a routine I look forward to. Added to that I dont get another one until Sunday the 7th March with John being in Italy.

The pigeons and Magpies are having a territory dispute in the garden. The Magpies are agressive but the pigeons are persistent. They usually manage to exist together eventually, Flossy will add another dimesion to the dispute when she goes out there, she is still asleep at the minute. She gets up early and has a walk when OH gets up to go to work and then she has her breakfast and retires back to bed for the rest of the morning. She will be up soon as it si getting on towards lunchtime and she knows by instinct that lunchtime means walk soon after.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky you having Sun Ej its pouring relentless rain here and cold no doubt. I'll find out when I go to the dr in the hope of getting my results. Have had a letter for an outpatients appointment with my Consultant but its not till the 8th of April and I dont want to have to wait till then for them.

Hiu what has Brendan done to you?

TVA I know I should probably know by now but what are you studying?

Must go flats to look for have a good day all.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Star hope the results of your scan are good news, and best of luck with the flat hunting.

It is really mild here as I thought. Been round the park with Flossy. I am using a heacollar on her, she isnt keen on it but I am afraid she doesnt have any choice in the matter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 370
    Forum Member
    Hello Everyone

Sorry work has picked up abit this week and so have just been too busy to post and I just can't face turning the computer on in the evenings. Things are still gloomy but hopefully with the weather brightening up a little it'll help to perk me up a bit.

Its pouring with rain here in Oxford Street. Annoying really as its been quite nice up until an hour ago.

I hope everyone is well

Cuddly x
    Forum Member
    Hello Cuddly I hope all your traumas are over now - apart from work of course, but that's ongoing.

Spent the afternoon round at friend's who fell over on Sunday and damaged her hip. I took lunch round - meals on wheels! - as her sister had to go and run a training course today. I tried out a Slimming World recipe which was actually very tasty.

Weather here is fairly appalling - grey, overcast, raining heavily every so often and generally miserable. HRH has been sleeping all day so I shall suffer this evening when she decides she wants to be amused while I'm trying to watch tv.:(:)