The RUSTLERS burger thread.

Comments

• SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classy stuff indeed.
  • Mr TeacakeMr Teacake Posts: 6,593
    Forum Member
    What's the name of the sauce that comes with their quarter pounders?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Teacake wrote: »

Could be the sauce that masks the awful taste and smell of this low grade mulch?
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they the 'burgers' that come already in a bun that go straight in the microwave out of the plastic packet? I ate one once, out of politeness as it was what was on offer. Um, well - I survived I guess :D:o
    Forum Member
    Could be the sauce that masks the awful taste and smell of this low grade mulch?

I only buy rustlers when they're on special offer (one quid) and I do like them as a naughty fast food fix.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Classy stuff indeed.

class they are not but no need to be so :cool: as i said they are ok if you come home late (once in a while) and need a snack
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    class they are not but no need to be so :cool: as i said they are ok if you come home late (once in a while) and need a snack

It is never acceptable to eat Rustlers and anyone who does needs to take a long hard look at themselves. It is the food of the devil.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    They're ok when you're hungover and can't be bothered cooking anything :D
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is never acceptable to eat Rustlers and anyone who does needs to take a long hard look at themselves. It is the food of the devil.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't feed my dog this pre-packed microwave pretend burger shite. Have a word with youselves and respect your diet.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are complaining about horse meat... god knows what go into these
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't feed my dog this pre-packed microwave pretend burger shite. Have a word with youselves and respect your diet.

Is your internet connection funded by Feasters? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never heard of them, are they "up there" with the Rustlers shite that you avidly devour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Morrison's is offering these 2/£2.

Now, as a rule, I steer clear of these types of processed food. Well, more of a guideline than a rule. Okay, not really a guideline if I'm being honest...

...but anyway, tried the 1/4 pounder, just to show an open mind for the OP, cocked up by buying processed cheese slices to adorne it (not necessary, a cunningly hidden slice in the bottom of the packet)... It's actually quite nice in a micro-wave burger sort of way. Great for, as others say, convenience grease after a skinful. The sauce is lovely - very McD's, but the whole package is probably better than the McD's experience.

I've also tried the Rib thing - not as impressed, but then I don't care much for BBQ sauce style things anyway.
  • ba_baracusba_baracus Posts: 3,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rustlers and Feasters are not rivals. In fact they are both marketed by the same company, Kepak Convenience Foods.
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ba_baracus wrote: »
    Rustlers and Feasters are not rivals. In fact they are both marketed by the same company, Kepak Convenience Foods.

I think one of them has a slightly higher beef percentage in the burger.
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I think one of them has a slightly higher beef percentage in the burger.

Yeah Rustlers are better.
  • Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wish they sold just a bottle of the sauce.

I am a major food snob and I only buy meat from butchers

BUT

nothing like a Rustlers Big One (or 2) for a hangover!!
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a new Gourmet one out. Tried it today and doesn't really taste all that different. Has a brioche bun which are horrible....
  • NormaJenningsNormaJennings Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 10/12/17 - 21:42 #96
    They're the comestible equivalent of smoking. Strictly for those with no self-respect and no self-restraint, and entirely selfish with regard to the eventual cost of their lifestyle habits upon the rest of us.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love a Rustlers ........ I had one for my tea last night

I've tried a few but always come back to the Quarter Pounder with Cheese

sometimes for a bit of zing I chuck the sauce sachet away and have mustard

I can happily have one for tea 3 or 4 times a week when they're on special offer
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're the comestible equivalent of smoking. Strictly for those with no self-respect and no self-restraint, and entirely selfish with regard to the eventual cost of their lifestyle habits upon the rest of us.

They're pretty tasty though. Which ones have you tried?
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're useful to carry around for emergency shoe repairs.
  • jaycee331jaycee331 Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13/12/17 - 01:55 #100
    I used to be able to tolerate the occasional rustlers burger when times were desperate. They smell like dog food but tasted OK, yet I quit them for years after finding too many bits of gristly or boney grit in the burger meat time and time again.

Seeing their new Gourmet range I thought I'd take a punt to see if they've upped their game. OMG it's smell and texture were so foul I had to spit it out before I could try tasting it. The burger patty seemed no different to their standard ones, nothing gourmet about it. The bacon was like rubber and smelt rancid, nothing like bacon is supposed to smell. So basically for £1.20 more than a regular rustlers, you get a piece of gross bacon and a couple of extra sachets of bits n bobs on top of an already gross burger.

Never had a problem with the rustlers brand itself, it is was it is take it or leave it. But to call that filth Gourmet is just taking the pish.
  • Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jaycee331 wrote: »
    I used to be able to tolerate the occasional rustlers burger when times were desperate. They smell like dog food but tasted OK, yet I quit them for years after finding too many bits of gristly or boney grit in the burger meat time and time again.

Seeing their new Gourmet range I thought I'd take a punt to see if they've upped their game. OMG it's smell and texture were so foul I had to spit it out before I could try tasting it. The burger patty seemed no different to their standard ones, nothing gourmet about it. The bacon was like rubber and smelt rancid, nothing like bacon is supposed to smell. So basically for £1.20 more than a regular rustlers, you get a piece of gross bacon and a couple of extra sachets of bits n bobs on top of an already gross burger.

Never had a problem with the rustlers brand itself, it is was it is take it or leave it. But to call that filth Gourmet is just taking the pish.

Mine just didn't cook or taste right. There's other versions of the Gourmet like chicken but don't think I'll bother. The most consistent of theirs is the quarter pounder with cheese. I still miss the hot dogs though!