Through The Keyhole remake

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
itv1 :rolleyes: are to remake the show and to make it completely bottom of the barrell mind numbingly embarrassing and not watchable it will be presented by Paul O'Grady :o and the house snooper will be... :rolleyes::yawn::cry::confused:
Vernon Kaye Oh I can barely wait here is the article taken from Yahoo.

Cheesy 80s TV show 'Through The Keyhole' is set to return to screens, with Vernon Kay in the Loyd Grossman role.

The rights to the show have been bought up by Fremantle Media, the company behind both 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'The X Factor'.

And while Kay will be the one snooping around the houses of the rich and famous, it's thought that Paul O'Grady will take on the role of host, left vacant by Sir David Frost.

“Vernon and Paul are the top choices to reinvigorate the show. The whole programme had become stuffy and looked and felt dated. This time there will be a lavish studio, amazing celeb houses and a real sense of fun,” said a TV source.

Comments

• soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One to miss then
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    and no doubt the regular panelists will be Schofield, Britten, Kelly and all the other ITV usual suspects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vernon kay?

if theres anyone who symbolises all thats wrong with presenters nowadays its vernon kay.

the guys a talentless tool whos only ability is to read an autocue.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    The first panel will be Sarah Millican, Peter Andre & Keith Lemon- the only 3 TV personalities under contract to ITV, apparently.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    The show only ever worked in it's earliest incarnation (TV-AM) when LLoyd was crude, rude and abrasive.

The new version described above, with O'Grady, sounds awful.

I will avoid!
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well Paul has to find work now due too is chatshow not returning
  • EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great, another reason to resist the urge to put my foot through the TV screen. 'Z' Listers mooching around the homes of fellow 'Z' Listers in a desperate search for entertainment. The bottom of the barrel has been breached.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i saw nigel mansells old home on the net earlier today and its magnificent with its own golf course!

itv could have turned this show into a somewhat popular "grand designs."

an attempt to highlight the fantastic homes these famous people have and an opportunity to show why they bought it and made it personal to them.

but they wont, theyll dumb it down until it barely knows how to breath
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets go through the key hole....

Now Paul who live in a house like this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    It's news to Vernon Kaye - he's says on Twitter that he knows nothing about it!
  • Drew_MDrew_M Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds pretty revolting and par for the ITV course. Mind you, Frost used to be an appalling host & interviewer. I always recorded the programme and usually watched the house segments only, mostly cutting out Frost and the Z-list panel (though not Annabel Giles, for whom was required the use of the pause function :D).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like the original through the keyhole.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I discovered this in the late 1980s (or early 1990s) when I came across an episode in which the house belonged to... David Sullivan.

Who?, I thought to myself.
    Apparently some sort of newspaper executive.

The same thing each time: desperately obscure Z-list celebrities that nobody has ever heard of, being guessed about by equally obscure celebrities.

A few years later: David Sullivan again! In a different house, though. Thy had to re-cycle the same people in order to find enough material.
    The problem is (and would be more so nowadays) that only very minor sub-famous people would be willing to show off the inside of their homes in such a way.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another show for sarah milligan surely? lol
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keith Lemon should do the Lloyd Grossman role of looking round the houses! It would be worth watching then cause he'd just take the piss out of the properties. Surely nobody would be looking forward to taking the format seriously anymore??

It should be Keith Lemon's Through The Keyhole. And at the end he would say 'if I don't see you through 'week, I'll see you through...the keyhole!'
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect unlike the original Yorkshire TV version where they probably had to pay the celebrities of the 80's a fair bit to go around their homes today's ones who are publicity hungry will do it for next to nothing.

My predicitions for the homes of the first few weeks.

Ant & Dec, Philip Schofield, Holly Willoughby, Adrian Chiles and Christine Bleakley - as they have a golden handshake deals with itv.

Alan Halshall, Suranne Jones and William Roache.

Jeremy Kyle, Alan Titchmarsh and Piers Morgan Louis Walsh (bet his agent is begging to get him on the to show off his home).

Everything the burglar will need to rob a z list celebrity.
  • F1KenF1Ken Posts: 4,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually loved the BBC Daytime version. And Remember the clues are there as we go through the keyhole. Brilliant!

I loved all of Sir David's catchphrases. Here's who's house it is.

Ken
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was a kid I used to watch and go "I think it's Madonna's house or Michael Jacksons..:D" then it turned out to be Sue Pollard or Willie Rushton's.:(
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to enjoy Through The Keyhole, I think I will be giving the new show a miss!!
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1Ken wrote: »
    I actually loved the BBC Daytime version. And Remember the clues are there as we go through the keyhole. Brilliant!

I loved all of Sir David's catchphrases. Here's who's house it is.

Ken

David and Lloyd were a great team!!
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard it would be hosted by Keith Lemon! :eek:
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember John McCririck (sp) on this and his house was a total dump and really small. Freddie Starr had naff tacky stuff everywhere, think corner suites and whirlpool baths all over the place. I loved it when it was someone you'd NEVER heard of and the panel had a tortuous time trying to identify them as the audience couldn't really help with the clapping and then when the "celebrity" was revealed there was a lot of "eh?" type faces. Comedy gold.
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh God. Imagine them in Katie Prices with condoms, tampons and sex aids everywhere? :D

Think I will miss.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is it with revivals recently?? does come across another scraping off the barrel of ITV .... yes can you imagine it featuring that TOWIE lot either on a panel or going in their homes .... good grief :eek: ... possibly ITV will ask the MTV lot from "the valleys" and "geordie shore" to check whats through their keyholes ..... liked it in the past but sorry i'll avoid!

The only revival that ever worked with me was "gladiators" but it was on sky not ITV sadly .... but then again if ITV revived that that too would be full of z listers :rolleyes: ... pretty sure that would make another "Splash" :eek:
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'who lives in a house like this, david its ooover to you'

'Lets see, whos house, it is'

No thanks :p