The Wanted moaning about One Direction again

2»

Comments

• wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would usually believe this too but The Wanted seem to slag off everyone they meet. They probably have someone in PR congratulate them for "keeping it real" with their attitude. :rolleyes:

I think The Wanted began by trying to cultivate an edgier, rougher image over their main rival boyband, One Direction, to set themselves apart. They are also older. But now One Direction are mostly 20-somethings too; drinking, doobying, inking themselves and wearing 'F**k U' t-shirts, etc, the boundaries are blurring. There's really not that much difference in groups in terms of general ladding about versus the quieter or more likeable ones - even down to the PR soundbytes and enforced closet-capitulation.

In reality they will be way more similar than their silly public 'differences of opinion' make them seem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    One Direction seem more of a younger fan base (11-16) and the Wanted maybe the older teenagers. I'm not a huge fan of either but I think 1D have better (I.e catchier songs). I think they come across better as well (apart from that one member who seems to think the sun shines out of his behind).
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2346691/One-Direction-mobbed-fans-Atlanta--rivals-The-Wanted-claim-did-runner-offered-olive-branch.html

I sometimes wonder if this is the only way they can get any press attention, by slagging off One Direction?. I can't remembe a boyband ever being so bitter and hacked off by their rivals until this bunch of louts came along. They come across as so childish, and dare I say it look quite thuggish. God knows Max looks like someone who you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of.

Wish they'd all bugger off. Ugliest boyband I've ever seen. I can only assume whoever put that lot together must have been blind. Their music is dreadful as all.

They are certainly ugly. And less successful that One Direction. That's why they're getting their knickers in a knot. It's called jealousy and envy.

A story as old as the hills.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I would usually believe this too but The Wanted seem to slag off everyone they meet. They probably have someone in PR congratulate them for "keeping it real" with their attitude. :rolleyes:

It's probably PR.

Remember East 17 v Take That? Years later they admitted they never disliked each other as they had their own set of fans - it was the media that made it like they were at each other's throats all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's appalling how The Wanted keept trying to out the gay one from One Direction. It's homophobic bullying in it's purest, most blatant form.

That said, ...
    I had a dream last night, that I f**ked Max George right in the @$$.

The savagary of it, even suprised me!

After I was done with him, I spat 'Clean yourself up'.

It looked like I'd really hurt his feelings. :cry:
    I'd like to dedicate that dream to Louis from 1D. :p
  • prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    The Wanted all look like they are riddled with STDs to be honest.

lol that's probably the worst comment I have ever posted here but its all I think whenever I see them.

hahahaaa!! that is hilarious :D

I keep seeing their trailer for their new show on E! and they look like such an annoying bunch of idiots. And lots of snogging of groupies on the previews, eurgh.

I also don't think anyone of them can actually carry a tune.
  • prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    It's like East 17 vs Take That / Blur vs Oasis all over again! Feuds sell!!
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their fans seem to think that they are misrepresented, and maybe they are to a certain extend... However they are the ones giving the soundbites, and they have been in this game for long enough to know how those little sentences get used by the press!
  • musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take That and East 17 never disliked one another as they were always bumping into each other across Europe at service stations they've both said. East 17 also said TT were nice but quite shy whenever they ran into them and that they were genuine opposites.

Blur and Oasis truly disliked one another as both believed to be the biggest band in Britain meant the biggest in the World they also represented different things and styles which annoyed the other group.

I think obviously The Wanted/1D feud falls in line with Blur/Oasis and although neither are as vocal as those indie bands. It all seems to be coming from TW with the occasional fire back from certain 1D members. There just seems to be some genuine animosity between certain members in both bands and why they can't resist having digs.
    I agree feuds sell and sends both groups to the top although one always ends up runner up naturally. The media love a fight for top dog especially when they are given something to work on ie 1D/TW or Blur/Oasis.
    Perhaps TW can't handle that they are the runner up but surely they never thought they'd be the biggest boyband in the world? Mind you with some of their egos...

Or they should have a 1995 Blur/Oasis rerun and instead of battle of Britpop hold a battle of Brit boyband UK release to see who really is the biggest.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason I think this isn't purely a PR/media inveted feud like Take That vs East 17 is because The Wanted have a bad attitude towards seemingly everyone they encounter. I remember when they went to the US and slated Britney and Christina. Maybe some people appreciate artists like The Wanted for "telling it like it is" but in the industry it is not a way to gain any sort of much needed support. I think The Wanted are just genuinely unlikeable blokes with a massive chip on their shoulder while being desperate to be seen as keeping it real. Hopefully their bad attitude will eventually bring about the end of them.
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted all look like they are riddled with STDs to be honest.

lol that's probably the worst comment I have ever posted here but its all I think whenever I see them.

quality!! can't stop my LOLZ!! ;):D:D
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    quality!! can't stop my LOLZ!! ;):D:D

It's possibly the best post I've ever seen in my time here so far. :D