Does anyone know how long it takes PayPal to process a refund to a credit card?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Yesterday I won an auction on eBay and paid via PayPal using my credit card.

However, almost immediately the seller sent me a message stating that he'd sold the item elsewhere and gave me an immediate refund.

Does anyone know how long it will take PayPal and/or the credit card company to process the refund?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Comments

• CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's given you an immediate refund then I'd have thought PayPal will show it immediately? Then of course there's the time for it to go back on your card, but to just show up on PayPal I think it's instant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for the reply. My PayPal history shows the refund but the funds are waiting to be credited back to my credit card, so I presume the transaction is between PayPal and the credit card company.

Steve.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they will be Steve, in that case I'd give it 3-5 working days but either way the thing you don't have to worry about is if the seller does it as from what you describe he already has.
  • Fruit MachineFruit Machine Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    stevenoon wrote: »
    Many thanks for the reply. My PayPal history shows the refund but the funds are waiting to be credited back to my credit card, so I presume the transaction is between PayPal and the credit card company.

Steve.

Typically 4 working days.