BAFTA nominations 7.35am 9th Jan 2013 - today!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting now .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprises that I could spot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only surprise is the acting nomination is for Ben Affleck

Other than that, no surprises.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay Bradley Cooper is nominated :)
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Judi Dence being nominated for sky fall is and a waste as well . javier bardem as well was a surprise . And Helen Mirren is only there for the British vote .

And Ben Affleck up for best actor is a complete farce as well .
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Judi Dence being nominated for sky fall is and a waste as well . javier bardem as well was a surprise .

And Ben Affleck up for best actor is a complete farce as well .

Affleck was competent, but nothing special, so I agree in so far as that, though calling it a farce is a tad hyperbolic, but both Dench and Bardem were excellent in Skyfall, especially Bardem.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Affleck was competent, but nothing special, so I agree in so far as that, though calling it a farce is a tad hyperbolic, but both Dench and Bardem were excellent in Skyfall, especially Bardem.

Dench and Mirren are there because they are British . Bardem is a amazing actor but nobody has mentioned his name in being nominated so it was a surprise is what I meant by his name being down .
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    Dench and Mirren are there because they are British .

it's perfectly natural that a British award ceremony will be more likely to recognise strong british performances, it's the same at awards ceremonies the world over. The oscars certainly is biased towards it's own as well.

I've heard a lot of very positive talk about Bardem for his role in Skyfall,tbh.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mirren was poor in Hitchcock but like Dench, they will nominate her for just about anything. But i have always thought Mirren was an overrated actress anyway. Apart from her work on Prime suspect and The Queen (the film and the mini series she did), majority of her performances are too average.