Pregnant at 17 and again at 50 and hoping for another!

2»

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your opinions mean nothing.

In which case neither do yours.

Thus, a discussion forum is probably not the best place for one to be in.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    I would imagine there are some younger Mothers out there who obviously love their children but don't make great Mums.

However there will be older ladies who make fantastic Mums, therefore if I was a child, I'd opt for older, better Mum. This is why I don't buy into the "it's not fair on the child arguement" why isn't it? People live a lot longer due to a healthier life style etc

As I previously said, if I found out I was pregnant when I reached 50, I would be devastated, not because I would be concerned about the child but because I've done my bit of being permanently exhausted, not even remembering what a decent nights sleep was, also I'm starting to get a bit of "Me time" which I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Tina Malone, on the other hand appears to be relishing parenthood at 50 & I predict a very happy childhood for her baby daughter.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would imagine there are some younger Mothers out there who obviously love their children but don't make great Mums.

However there will be older ladies who make fantastic Mums, therefore if I was a child, I'd opt for older, better Mum. This is why I don't buy into the "it's not fair on the child arguement" why isn't it? People live a lot longer due to a healthier life style etc

As I previously said, if I found out I was pregnant when I reached 50, I would be devastated, not because I would be concerned about the child but because I've done my bit of being permanently exhausted, not even remembering what a decent nights sleep was, also I'm starting to get a bit of "Me time" which I'm thoroughly enjoying.

Tina Malone, on the other hand appears to be relishing parenthood at 50 & I predict a very happy childhood for her baby daughter.

I don't understand are you saying there aren't any rubbish older mums? You get crap mums of all ages, having someone suddenly reach 50 doesn't automatically make them a good parent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not really fair on the child though

Successful 51 year old actor and their much younger partner having a baby is an incredibly common story though, isn't it? Tina Malone is two years younger than Simon Cowell, and I don't remember people saying that he was far too old to have a baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your opinions mean nothing.

Who made you God?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so leave them be.

When someone is as attention seeking as Tina Malone and they sell every aspect of their private lives to the media, people are going to comment. If she didn't put herself out there she WOULD be left alone.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    vierte wrote: »
    I don't understand are you saying there aren't any rubbish older mums? You get crap mums of all ages, having someone suddenly reach 50 doesn't automatically make them a good parent.

I was simply pointing out that there are some rubbish younger Mums, meaning, it's not all about age.
    Of course there are older rubbish Mums, I don't think I said "reaching 50 automatically makes you a great parent".
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When someone is as attention seeking as Tina Malone and they sell every aspect of their private lives to the media, people are going to comment. If she didn't put herself out there she WOULD be left alone.

Indeed. She gladly accepts the pay cheques. There is nothing remotely 'private' about selling your story to television programmes and newspapers.

If these subjects had never been allowed to be talked about then the technology would not exist at all for women of Tina's age to even contemplate having another child.