Advice Please - Bee Sting

Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know I will get some stick about this but my kitten has been stung by a bee on his paw. He was outside chasing flies when a large bumble bee flew by. Kitty started chasing it and caught it and it then stung him because he was shaking his paw and licking it. I have just noticed his paw has swollen to twice its size. I just asked a neighbour who has cats and she said soak it in some warm water to soothe it. Can anyone give any other suggestions of how to treat his paw?

btw I do have a kitten and this is not a made up cat as some of the other members have suggested.

Comments

• AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Approach your cat gently and quietly so you will not startle the cat if he is already anxious and nervous. Calmly and softly talk to the cat, so he knows your presence.

2. If the stinger is still embedded in the skin, do not squeeze or rub it or try to remove it with your hands because you may break the stinger and release more venom into the skin. Use a credit card or dull side of a butter knife to scrape it out.

3. If the stung area starts swelling, after the stinger is removed, you can ice down the area to alleviate the swelling.

4. If the cat is experiencing a severe allergic reaction, take your cat to the vet and your vet will administer a cat specific antihistamine shot to possibly reduce the allergic reaction.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks I will try all those things. Hopefully he will now learn not to attack bees when he is out in the garden.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prove the kitten exists, we'll all get off your back, and I for one will stop calling you a troll.

Until then (as it was proven this week the kitten does not even exist) I will continue to call you a troll.

Strange that the mods keep locking/deleting your threads, glad to see they've caught onto you as well.

I fail to see what people like you get out of making stuff up to trick unsuspecting forum members.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    dollymarie wrote: »
    Prove the kitten exists, we'll all get off your back, and I for one will stop calling you a troll.

Until then (as it was proven this week the kitten does not even exist) I will continue to call you a troll.

Strange that the mods keep locking/deleting your threads, glad to see they've caught onto you as well.

I fail to see what people like you get out of making stuff up to trick unsuspecting forum members.

I just said similar and got deleted :mad:

Imaginary kitten. Imaginary bee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »

Just keep reporting her threads to the mods so they can make the decision. It's what I'm politely doing. :)
    Forum Member
    Just keep reporting her threads to the mods so they can make the decision. It's what I'm politely doing. :)

I did. But got deleted, it's just annoying as the pets forum is relatively troll free, and people come on here for advice, threads like these just annoy me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did. But got deleted, it's just annoying as the pets forum is relatively troll free, and people come on here for advice, threads like these just annoy me.

I've just done it now too. Hopefully this will be locked/deleted soon :)

It's very annoying I agree as this is mostly a lovely sub forum.
  • StaceySkyStaceySky Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm confused, why is everyone saying that its made up. How do you know, they might be telling the truth :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    StaceySky wrote: »
    I'm confused, why is everyone saying that its made up. How do you know, they might be telling the truth :confused:

She's been asked to prove repeatedly that the kitten exists due to the things she's said about doing with/to the kitten, and how she treats it (most of the threads have been deleted as she's been caught out)

Earlier this week she was asked to post a pic of the kitten to prove it existed and she didn't.

Honest, she's making the whole kittens existence up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's been asked to prove repeatedly that the kitten exists due to the things she's said about doing with/to the kitten, and how she treats it (most of the threads have been deleted as she's been caught out)

Earlier this week she was asked to post a pic of the kitten to prove it existed and she didn't.

Honest, she's making the whole kittens existence up.
    I don't know what a troll i tbh. I'm all new to this.
    Why would people make things like this up anyway :confused:
    Maybe this person doesn't know how to post photos on here.
    I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I just don't know what a troll is, and I don't understand why people would makes things up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go google Internet troll :)

I talked her through step by step how to post the photos, she didn't.

Sadly you will learn if you are new on here, that there are a minority who like to spoil things for the rest of us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go google Internet troll :)

I talked her through step by step how to post the photos, she didn't.

Sadly you will learn if you are new on here, that there are a minority who like to spoil things for the rest of us.
    Yeah I will look it up in a bit.
    Forum Member
    StaceySky wrote: »
    I don't know what a troll i tbh. I'm all new to this.
    Why would people make things like this up anyway :confused:
    Maybe this person doesn't know how to post photos on here.
    I'm not saying that I don't believe you, I just don't know what a troll is, and I don't understand why people would makes things up.

She's already admitted on another thread that she was a previous user, which is against forum rules. For some reasons people think its fun to make up stories and ask for adive on them. So far this week we've had: my kitten doesn't like men, because my husband shouts at him all the time. My kitten is a nasty little boy. I've shut my cats tail in a door, he can't wag it but Minot going to bother taking him to the vets as its too expensive. My kittens outside eating flies is that ok? And now this one.

Seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's already admitted on another thread that she was a previous user, which is against forum rules. For some reasons people think its fun to make up stories and ask for adive on them. So far this week we've had: my kitten doesn't like men, because my husband shouts at him all the time. My kitten is a nasty little boy. I've shut my cats tail in a door, he can't wag it but Minot going to bother taking him to the vets as its too expensive. My kittens outside eating flies is that ok? And now this one.

Seriously.
    Yeah that is kind of crazy.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Hopefully this person will leave the forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Leave our pets forum alone. We like the friendliness and helpfulness here and it is for PETS NOT TROLLS.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Leave our pets forum alone. We like the friendliness and helpfulness here and it is for PETS NOT TROLLS.

What if you have a pet troll? Remember Yappy, and Moila. They'd both be quite good pets, as long as you don't mind clearing up the crap in the corner.
    Forum Member

Ha ha! Love it. We have our own forum slogan.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Aye, she has other people's posts deleted a lot. Heaven knows why the mods are falling for it to be honest.
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flies and bees, it's been too cold and it is only April.

More than seventeen posts per day. Too much time on hands I'd guess. :eek:
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Aye, she has other people's posts deleted a lot. Heaven knows why the mods are falling for it to be honest.

Never had that done before! Oh unless you count my epic dolphin arguments with suzzle years back :D
    Forum Member
    MAW wrote: »
    What if you have a pet troll? Remember Yappy, and Moila. They'd both be quite good pets, as long as you don't mind clearing up the crap in the corner.

yappy's threads were entertaining but sadly I never had the pleasure of Moila. :cry:
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    yappy's threads were entertaining but sadly I never had the pleasure of Moila. :cry:

Ah, the baby dolphins for the bath are a legend:D
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Ah, the baby dolphins for the bath are a legend:D

That was my favourite :)

Just don't get the same quality of trolls any more :(

edit: found the thread :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1165026&highlight=dolphin+bath
    Forum Member
    That was my favourite :)

Just don't get the same quality of trolls any more :(

edit: found the thread :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1165026&highlight=dolphin+bath

Thank you....... off for a read. :):):):)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neither Yappy nor Moila was ever unkind or nasty to other posters, as far as I remember.