This Morning Summer - Ruth and Eamonn

Comments

• julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had always thought that This Morning took a break over the summer holiday and resumed again in September.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never question how much time Kelly takes off. 52 weeks would be my preference!:D

According to a magazine article my wife pointed out to me Kelly is complaining that her daughter is now at uni so isn't home much these days and she rarely sees her:eek:But if she can get ITV to agree to a deal where she takes all school holidays off good luck to her.
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would Chris Moyles to co-host one Friday...he would be so good with Davina McCall but both are probably to big for the show.
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    I had always thought that This Morning took a break over the summer holiday and resumed again in September.

A few years ago they trialled a summer run of it, but brought in an entirely new team to present - Denise Van Outen and Richard Bacon hosted (and brought the Big Breakfast ''Family Of The Week' concept with them). Becky Mantin from ITV weather was involved somewhere as well.

Since then they've stuck to Emaonn and Ruth for the summer run; I can't remember if they've done it every year since then but certainly ever since Holly joined. Possibly they've run the summer series every year since that first run with Denise and Richard, but only used the title 'This Morning Summer' for the last few years, making it more obvious that it was a 'separate' series and not a continuation of the regular series but with different presenters?

It's probably a lot easier for ITV to keep on on over the summer than find something else to run for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for 7 weeks. Possibly cheaper too.
  • towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »

This ^^ Eamonn is always putting Ruth down, really don't know how she puts up with it :mad:

But IMO Eamonn comes across as a very needy fat **** :eek:

I don't know why people keep going on about Eamonn Holmes weight, he's never been as big as some tv personalities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    According to a magazine article my wife pointed out to me Kelly is complaining that her daughter is now at uni so isn't home much these days and she rarely sees her:eek:But if she can get ITV to agree to a deal where she takes all school holidays off good luck to her.

As I say, my preference would be a permanent break but the school holiday deal has always puzzled me as she breaks for the English summer holiday not the Scottish one. :confused:

I wouldn't pay much attention to her bleatings because for years she's been happy to spend a fair amount of time in London whilst 'my wee Rosie' was growing up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    I would Chris Moyles to co-host one Friday...he would be so good with Davina McCall but both are probably to big for the show.

:eek::eek:: Noooooo!
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Love Ruth and Eamon is good too
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I say, my preference would be a permanent break but the school holiday deal has always puzzled me as she breaks for the English summer holiday not the Scottish one. :confused:

I wouldn't pay much attention to her bleatings because for years she's been happy to spend a fair amount of time in London whilst 'my wee Rosie' was growing up.

If she is contracted not to work over the summer that's fine but why make up stories about her daughter (who must get a bit of stick about it at uni)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    If she is contracted not to work over the summer that's fine but why make up stories about her daughter (who must get a bit of stick about it at uni)

You have to remember there is absolutely nothing genuine about the public Kelly. False as the day is long and an ego the size of a planet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Eamonn just say Kerry Katona? Why on earth does this programme insist on giving this waste of space so much airtime?
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Eamonn just say Kerry Katona? Why on earth does this programme insist on giving this waste of space so much airtime?

And here she is in all her glory...:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And here she is in all her glory...:rolleyes:

Watched for a couple of minutes but I had to turn off she is so awful. I bet they continued to give her an easy ride though. 'It's so good to see you well and happy and fighting back' etc. Not a question about her creditors. Or how many Dads/homes/schools have those kids had now? :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just turned on and not keen on Jamie as this sort of presenter already. Even Jeff would have been better.:eek: Mind, I don't approve of giving this silly girl publicity. As soon as she was found safe and well in Turkey that should have benn the end of the story imo.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    Jamie sounds odd on This Morning. Does he have a throat infection?
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see the lovely Emma Bunton presenting today :)
  • thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamie and Emma are a very poor choice as hosts, and why did they have this silly little girl on...the mind boggles....what's that word I am thinking of... oh yes!! that's it......DESPERATE
  • mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    There was a time when this morning was hosted by journalists not these celebrity types
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    A few years ago they trialled a summer run of it, but brought in an entirely new team to present - Denise Van Outen and Richard Bacon hosted (and brought the Big Breakfast ''Family Of The Week' concept with them). Becky Mantin from ITV weather was involved somewhere as well.

Since then they've stuck to Emaonn and Ruth for the summer run; I can't remember if they've done it every year since then but certainly ever since Holly joined. Possibly they've run the summer series every year since that first run with Denise and Richard, but only used the title 'This Morning Summer' for the last few years, making it more obvious that it was a 'separate' series and not a continuation of the regular series but with different presenters?

It's probably a lot easier for ITV to keep on on over the summer than find something else to run for 2 hours a day, 5 days a week for 7 weeks. Possibly cheaper too.

If I remember rightly, Ruth & Eamonn started in summer 2006 and Ruth ended up replacing Lorraine Kelly on a Friday.

They both continued to do every summer since except for the year that Holly started (they took it off air probably to refresh things) and Eamonn started doing Fridays alongside Ruth from 2008.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope someone tells Jamie the 'just dragged myself out of bed' look is OK for radio but not TV before next Friday.

It seems the more we see of Holly and Pip and the various stand-ins, the clearer it is that this show only comes close to working when Ruth and Eamonn present it. Take heed producers!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    If I remember rightly, Ruth & Eamonn started in summer 2006 and Ruth ended up replacing Lorraine Kelly on a Friday.

They both continued to do every summer since except for the year that Holly started (they took it off air probably to refresh things) and Eamonn started doing Fridays alongside Ruth from 2008.

Yes it was off the summer that before Holly joined, and the first programme of the next series, was actually presented by Eamomn and Ruth, as Philip and Holly started 2 weeks later.

And i remember eamomns first line, welcome to new show, but with us old faces, and he made a comment about ruths new hair
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O my word...The fly in ear story is horrid!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    According to The Guardian, Kerry is going to be quite busy soon!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/stage/2013/jul/24/kerry-katona-marilyn-monroe-musical?CMP=twt_fd
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed Eamonn isn't doing Sky News Sunrise during some weeks when he's covering This Morning.
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always find it funny that you've got Pip Schofield and Lorraine Kelly having school holidays - their kids are too old for school now. Holly Willoughby has school holidays - her kids are too young for school yet. And yet Eammon and Ruth do all the school holidays and they're the only ones with a school age child!

I much prefer Eamonn and Ruth though. I agree with the previous poster, it's better with presenters who have a more journalistic background. Just wish they'd give them more serious subject matters to deal with than bloody fashion and soaps.